Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

rashford is a more central demarai gray, outrageously overrated, especially by everyone who doesn’t support the club he plays for. capable of unbelievable things and produces them once every 18 months or so. crap the rest of the time. united fans hate him. 

Edited by ScouseFox

it's all fun and well this season but reality is next year Man City can win three in a row! slowly becoming a dominant force 

Will be an interesting summer as the others really need to step up if they are to challenge

5 hours ago, Langston said:

Perhaps the fact he's 21 could factor into your thinking? MAD ISNT IT.

I factored this in. Still think he's hugely over-rated. Spat my drink out when I heard Mbappe comparisons.

I just don't fall for the Man Utd / England wonderkid rhetoric.

On 06/05/2019 at 09:20, FIF said:

Shame that we didn't do it this season when 3 through 6 weren't actually hot.

Too many people knocking the prem this season because 3 through 6 have lost a few recently. The worst that you can say is that they are a little inconsistent but I think we should actually be bigging up the entire prem. Any team is good enough to win on any given matchday.

Bear in mind that half of the teams in the CL quarterfinals were English.

Bear in mind that half of the teams in the CL semis are English (and that doesn't include the top of the prem team)

Bear in mind that half of the teams in the Europa semis are English.

If the teams 3 through 6 are crap that doesn't say much for the rest of Europe does it?

The Premier League has not been great with the current state of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea but the fact that 6 teams made a European Quarter final I would say it speaks volumes about the dismal state of European Football.

Juventus winning 8 League titles in a row, Bayern about to win a 7th straight Bundesliga, PSG 16 points ahead in France. A Barca team not as good as they were at the start of the decade winning 8 out off 11 League titles and on course for a Champions league final.

England is not perfect by any means but the other 3 or 4 big leagues are nothing to write home about in terms of competiveness.

32 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

They don't need Bruno Fernandes at all. **** sake.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/07/manchester-city-poised-strengthen-squad-midfielders-bruno-fernandes/amp/

This is the article. If any of it is true i hope they choke on the last game. Getting ridiculous with they money they spend. Why bother  competing against these lot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

State of Arsenal. I feel sorry for Emery having to work with donkeys like Xhaka and Mustafi. 

They need to shift them though, not everyone can be like United & Man City just chucking shit at the wall seeing what sticks while they've got so much deadwood on big money contracts.

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Man City to buy Rodri, joao felix and Fernandes is ridiculous. They’re starting to become the Bayern Munich of this league. 

We're most likely seeing the end of the top 6 like the big four and we're getting quite close to just a top two now really.

• Like 1

What’s crippling Arsenal’s finances? Wage budget? They’ve got the same tv money as everyone else and one of the highest matchday revenues in the world. Can’t just be a lack of investment from the owners.

4 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

We're most likely seeing the end of the top 6 like the big four and we're getting quite close to just a top two now really.

Might be a top one instead if Liverpool don’t keep up spending wise

17 minutes ago, Stadt said:

What’s crippling Arsenal’s finances? Wage budget? They’ve got the same tv money as everyone else and one of the highest matchday revenues in the world. Can’t just be a lack of investment from the owners.

They have a high wage bill as have Chelsea and United and Liverpool. They have the highest Match day revenue though. They have lucrative sponsorship deals. Not exactly sure why they behave like they're skint. 

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

What will be amusing to see is the fall out post-Pep at Man City, it happens at every club he's been at including Barca and Munich. 

I dont know why but i can see him leaving after next season. If they win this year, go for the treble. Win or lose it he is done. Then its off to PSG or Juventus before the inevitable return to Barca post messi to start another decade of barca dominance lol

8 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I dont know why but i can see him leaving after next season. If they win this year, go for the treble. Win or lose it he is done. Then its off to PSG or Juventus before the inevitable return to Barca post messi to start another decade of barca dominance lol

Wouldn't be surprised if he's off next year, 3 or 4 years and he moves to the next project, which will be the 2 teams you mentioned!

52 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I'm afraid it is. There was a long running power struggle in the boardroom up until recently when their majority stakeholder Kroenke eventually won out.

Essentially he's happy just to keep the club ticking over and benefit from the revenue that it brings in without investing any great deal of money. From what I understand it was why the other stakeholders who were wealthier and more ambitious have pulled out of the club. They wanted to invest to push the club on and challenge for honours but in return wanted greater stakes in the club to offset the risk involved however Kroenke strongly resisted. 

I have a few Arsenal fans who are season ticket holders and apparently he's massively disliked by the supporters as they feel that they're stagnating under his leadership (which they are) but as he has no plans to sell nor invest they're caught between a rock and a hard place.

The only hope many of them seem to be clinging on to is that the club is now trying to put together a structure behind the scenes which they're hopeful will enable them to compete with Europe's elite in a more sustainable manner, however so far even that isn't quite going to plan as there has been some major personality clashes amongst those brought in to the club to oversee this change which has meant things haven't progressed as quickly as was intended. 

Edited by ian_marshall
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Koke said:

State of Arsenal. I feel sorry for Emery having to work with donkeys like Xhaka and Mustafi. 

He's a weird looking chap, they're awful defensively and their away form is really poor for a club of their stature, but if he gets them back in the Champions League, whether its via the league or winning the Europa, fair play to him. 

The gig there is far more appealing on paper than it actually is.

• Like 1

Am torn between watching either the Liverpool or Man City game at the weekend.

Shame that Sky can't show both via multi-screen, with the option of not having to listen to the in-match commentaries.

Edited by Wymeswold fox