Sign in to follow this  
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Sorry, I just don't really get the fuss with him. I agree he can definitely get better but I've never understood this almost unanimous feeling that he's better than Vardy. Where is the evidence?

Rashford is a great player. I'd swap him straight up with Vards - who is a legend. We'd be set for the next decade.

Edited by FIF
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Sorry, I just don't really get the fuss with him. I agree he can definitely get better but I've never understood this almost unanimous feeling that he's better than Vardy. Where is the evidence?

i think even utd fans don't think that.

26 minutes ago, FIF said:

Rashford is a great player. I'd swap him straight up with Vards - who is a legend. We'd be set for the next decade.

Okay what about a swap for Maguire then?

Just now, murphy said:

I don't really understand the anti-Liverpool/Pro-Manchester bias.

I for one, hope it goes to Liverpool:

Reasons why Liverpool should win the title:

1.  Liverpool didn't shaft us by selling us Iheanacho

2. I'd like Mahrez to miss out on a medal (especially if it's us that stopped it).

3. Man City are only in the title race because they are a super-rich Sheiks's plaything.

4. We owe them for the 69 cup final

5. It makes the title race more interesting to have a challenge to Manchester's dominance.

6. Man City's kit looks a bit like Cov's

The only reason that I want Mancs to win it, is that I want the PL winners club to stay as small as it is. At this moment we can still "brag" to Liverpool that we've won more PL titles than they have, and more recently been Champions of England.

Having said that I want us to win by as many goals as possible this evening.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, FIF said:

You have a posting limit, you shouldn't be arguing with yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If the scousers promised not to go on forever preaching about how their win is the best ever and half the population of Leicester promised not to drive around honking their horns on Sunday evening then I could just about cope with the pool winning it ........

9 minutes ago, FIF said:

I think he's alright - wouldn't swap him with Vards though! He's inconsistent, but he's only 21 which is so young for a striker playing at the top levels in the Premier League. He has the ability to come on and turn a game round. 

45 minutes ago, murphy said:

2. I'd like Mahrez to miss out on a medal (especially if it's us that stopped it).

3. Man City are only in the title race because they are a super-rich Sheiks's plaything.

5. It makes the title race more interesting to have a challenge to Manchester's dominance.

6. Man City are boring to watch

7. Man City's kit looks a bit like Cov's

All of the above :clap:

50 minutes ago, murphy said:

Solid, rational arguments, those. :thumbup:

Especially agree with 7

Personally I just want revenge for the carabao cup

had we beat man city I genuinely believe we would have won the cup

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, murphy said:

Most of these are funny. 

Number 6 is plain outrageous. 

Do you like football? ?

55 minutes ago, murphy said:

This. A thousand times this (especially number 2)

Vindictive? Me? :o

• Like 1

Just now, Hollyfox said:

Most of these are funny. 

Number 6 is plain outrageous. 

Do you like football? ?

Yeah.  Genuinely I think they are dismal to watch.

They routinely have 70% + possession and their tippy tap style bores me.  Watching them is like watching a defence v attack training session.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Not sure anyone is 'pro' Man City, as I said the other day they're just the lesser of two evils.

If it wasn't for the Liverpool fanbase i'd probably want them to win the league if i'm honest but their fans will be unbearable if they win the league, for that simple reason is why a large majority of the country don't want Liverpool to win the league.

24 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Personally I just want revenge for the carabao cup

had we beat man city I genuinely believe we would have won the cup

We only have ourselves to blame that night, well not ourselves but without opening the can of worms again, our management at the time.

Revenge would suggest Man City did something wrong - I'm not sure they have any part to blame as such.

The scenario we found ourselves in to play such a weakened side we deserved to lose. If we treated it abit more respectfully, went with our strongest team I have no doubts we'd have won.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, murphy said:

Yeah.  Genuinely I think they are dismal to watch.

They routinely have 70% + possession and their tippy tap style bores me.  Watching them is like watching a defence v attack training session.

I agree with that, I don't understand the wankfest over Man City, they are incredibly boring.

As i've said i'd probably want Liverpool to win the league if it their fanbase wasn't such an issue but unfortunately that overrules it all.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not sure anyone is 'pro' Man City, as I said the other day they're just the lesser of two evils.

If it wasn't for the Liverpool fanbase i'd probably want them to win the league if i'm honest, but their fans will be unbearable if they win the league, for that simple reason is why a large majority of the country don't want Liverpool to win the league.

We only have ourselves to blame from that, well not ourselves but without opening the can of worms again, our management at the time. Revenge would suggest Man City did something wrong - I'm not sure they have any part to blame as such.

The scenario we found ourselves in to play such a weakened side we deserved to lose. If we treated it abit more respectfully went with our strongest team I have no doubt we'd have won.

Perhaps not you, but many have darkened these pages by saying that they hope we lose tonight.

Gobshitery of the highest order, that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Nah sorry can't agree what so ever. He's got age over Vardy and that's about it.

I don't even think he's bad I just think he hugely gets away with it in all the Man Utd slating. As does Lingard.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I'd get that one a bit more. Maguire is replaceable.

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Perhaps the fact he's 21 could factor into your thinking? MAD ISNT IT.

rashford is a more central demarai gray, outrageously overrated, especially by everyone who doesn’t support the club he plays for. capable of unbelievable things and produces them once every 18 months or so. crap the rest of the time. united fans hate him. 

Edited by ScouseFox

it's all fun and well this season but reality is next year Man City can win three in a row! slowly becoming a dominant force 

Will be an interesting summer as the others really need to step up if they are to challenge

5 hours ago, Langston said:

Perhaps the fact he's 21 could factor into your thinking? MAD ISNT IT.

I factored this in. Still think he's hugely over-rated. Spat my drink out when I heard Mbappe comparisons.

I just don't fall for the Man Utd / England wonderkid rhetoric.

Imagine if man city lose to Brighton and wolves drew Liverpool. Tied on points but man city would win on GD.  

On 06/05/2019 at 09:20, FIF said:

Shame that we didn't do it this season when 3 through 6 weren't actually hot.

Too many people knocking the prem this season because 3 through 6 have lost a few recently. The worst that you can say is that they are a little inconsistent but I think we should actually be bigging up the entire prem. Any team is good enough to win on any given matchday.

Bear in mind that half of the teams in the CL quarterfinals were English.

Bear in mind that half of the teams in the CL semis are English (and that doesn't include the top of the prem team)

Bear in mind that half of the teams in the Europa semis are English.

If the teams 3 through 6 are crap that doesn't say much for the rest of Europe does it?

The Premier League has not been great with the current state of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea but the fact that 6 teams made a European Quarter final I would say it speaks volumes about the dismal state of European Football.

Juventus winning 8 League titles in a row, Bayern about to win a 7th straight Bundesliga, PSG 16 points ahead in France. A Barca team not as good as they were at the start of the decade winning 8 out off 11 League titles and on course for a Champions league final.

England is not perfect by any means but the other 3 or 4 big leagues are nothing to write home about in terms of competiveness.