Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

I think the most impressive thing for me is both Liverpool and Spurs came back to win their respective 2nd legs, without their poster boy strikers. Imagine if that was us and we lost Vardy.

Feel really sorry for Ajax and would have loved them to have gone thru, but based on the 2nd half there was no way they would have beaten Liverpool in the final.

Two good entertaining games, without the results i personally would chosen. Now time to get behind Klopp and up the reds. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

whatever happens in the final there will be f'ckin years of "our comeback was better than yours", just off to slash a couple of my wrists....

How many have you got?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Koke said:

If Chelsea and Arsenal get to the Europa League final it'll be quite an achievement overall. 

For who..??? 

the Iindividual clubs and their manager yes.!   

anyone else..??

38 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

For who..??? 

the Iindividual clubs and their manager yes.!   

anyone else..??

The Premier League and English football as a whole. 

2 hours ago, Koke said:

The Premier League and English football as a whole. 

Good advertisement for the PL agree.

English football is open for days IMO..

In these 8 teams competing at semi-final level of the European cup competitions....

Even taking into account the tremendous success this season of the English clubs,how many English players have stood out,and set

other European clubs a talking..!!!

No stalwart of club defenders,...no fighting spirit,gutsy or natural gifted midfielder....Definitely no Striker thumping his way through oppo-defences.!!

Now with Maguire / Chilwell / Maddison / , Gray even a wise ol' head Albrighton..now there is a challenge for B.Rodgers!!

Get more quality English young players,playing for the same team in the end phases of the European competitions..!!!

14 hours ago, Stoopid said:

I've never liked Spurs, but what they and Liverpool achieved  - you have to say that's pretty bloody amazing...

And it reflects well on the battling mindset of English football.

Fair play to them.

I'm exactly the same. I cannot stand the hype around either club (these two are the ultimate media darlings) and I was dreading either, let alone both making the final, and thought on both occasions we were safe from either.

But you've got to give credit where it's due. Just absolutely phenomenal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

One thing for sure, it will determine which team is king of the bottlers!

Got to be spurs surely.

The chelsea game that gave us the league was at least semi understandable with the pressure but that 9 man Bournemouth match was nothing short of pathetic with the prise being qualification for champions league with a game to go and it all in their hands.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

One thing for sure, it will determine which team is king of the bottlers!

Hardly. The fact the both recovered from the positions they were in in their semi-finals show that right now they're not bottlers. 

Making the Champions League final in itself is totally opposite to bottling, in fact. Even when one of them lose it I don't think that tag is appropriate... 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Got to be spurs surely.

The chelsea game that gave us the league was at least semi understandable with the pressure but that 9 man Bournemouth match was nothing short of pathetic with the prise being qualification for champions league with a game to go and it all in their hands.

Have you seen the league table? They're getting 4th at least. Need an 8 goal turnaround for Arsenal to leapfrog them. They're fine. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Have you seen the league table? They're getting 4th at least. Need an 8 goal turnaround for Arsenal to leapfrog them. They're fine. 

???? 

Think youve misunderstood. This was in response to champions league final result finding out which of spurs or liverpool are king of the bottlers and i back spurs to implode, citing evidence of the bournemouth game.

(Unless im missing something?)

Edited by gw_leics772

12 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

???? 

Think youve misunderstood. This was in response to champions league final result finding out which of spurs or liverpool are king of the bottlers and i back spurs to implode, citing evidence of the bournemouth game.

(Unless im missing something?)

You said the prize being champions league qualification of the Bournemouth game. They've got champions league now anyway after that result thanks to other teams being shitter. 

Not sure how losing against Bournemouth makes them (King of) bottlers when they've achieved CL qualification regardless. 

42 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Jo Brand by a country mile, how is this even a question? Anne would have to come up with a special performance to knock off Jo

Would Anne V Jo be PPV? 

8 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I think the most impressive thing for me is both Liverpool and Spurs came back to win their respective 2nd legs, without their poster boy strikers. Imagine if that was us and we lost Vardy.

Feel really sorry for Ajax and would have loved them to have gone thru, but based on the 2nd half there was no way they would have beaten Liverpool in the final.

Two good entertaining games, without the results i personally would chosen. Now time to get behind Klopp and up the reds. 

I was with you until the last bit??

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

You said the prize being champions league qualification of the Bournemouth game. They've got champions league now anyway after that result thanks to other teams being shitter. 

Not sure how losing against Bournemouth makes them (King of) bottlers when they've achieved CL qualification regardless. 

Because if man u or chelsea, who both played later, would've won, they could have been knocked out of the top 4. Hence they bottled tr chance to confirm champions league via their own result that day.

Something that happened afterwards doesnt not absolve them of being bottlers.

Am i missing something or does the chronology and logic get in the way of you spoiing for an argument?

Edited by gw_leics772

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Hardly. The fact the both recovered from the positions they were in in their semi-finals show that right now they're not bottlers. 

Making the Champions League final in itself is totally opposite to bottling, in fact. Even when one of them lose it I don't think that tag is appropriate... 

Ok Mr Serious..... it was a bit of light hearted banter, as in their recent history of bottling title opportunities. 

You can maybe get yourself a half and half scarf for the final and have a wank fest?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Good advertisement for the PL agree.

English football is open for days IMO..

In these 8 teams competing at semi-final level of the European cup competitions....

Even taking into account the tremendous success this season of the English clubs,how many English players have stood out,and set

other European clubs a talking..!!!

No stalwart of club defenders,...no fighting spirit,gutsy or natural gifted midfielder....Definitely no Striker thumping his way through oppo-defences.!!

Now with Maguire / Chilwell / Maddison / , Gray even a wise ol' head Albrighton..now there is a challenge for B.Rodgers!!

Get more quality English young players,playing for the same team in the end phases of the European competitions..!!!

Alli assisted two goals superbly and Trent-Arnold was brilliant against Barca .. don’t see your point here 

2 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Ok Mr Serious..... it was a bit of light hearted banter, as in their recent history of bottling title opportunities. 

You can maybe get yourself a half and half scarf for the final and have a wank fest?

Just a tired and lazy tag for them :unsure:

They were never in a position of winning the title (always behind us in 15/16, always behind City & Liverpool this season). What titles have they bottled?

• Thanks 1

The Spurs thing is daft. 

Considering we've lost 8 consecutive 1/4 finals ourselves.

There's a thread on LCFC comebacks elsewhere, there's been a few, but they'd be a longer thread if it was LCFC heartbreaks and complete balls ups. 

I'd love us to bottle our way to a Champions League final. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1