Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

67 million is an absolute joke. We've been shafted over this. Man city have got a bargain.

Totally irreplaceable for us. His strop in January was unfortunate but his agent has a lot to answer for as well as him. We are going to miss him big time, perhaps the only player we have who can create something out of nothing. Would we have won the title without him? Almost certainly not. A truly gifted player it has been a real joy to watch.

When we're struggling to break down teams at the wrong end of the table next season we will see just how much we've depended on him for at times any creativity at all.

Good luck to him.

2 minutes ago, reynard said:

67 million is an absolute joke. We've been shafted over this. Man city have got a bargain.

Totally irreplaceable for us. His strop in January was unfortunate but his agent has a lot to answer for as well as him. We are going to miss him big time, perhaps the only player we have who can create something out of nothing. Would we have won the title without him? Almost certainly not. A truly gifted player it has been a real joy to watch.

When we're struggling to break down teams at the wrong end of the table next season we will see just how much we've depended on him for at times any creativity at all.

Good luck to him.

Lets get over this price thing.

Still think he will be on the bench after they see his inconsistency.

Mahrez is to blame for the price tag, when a club knows a player wants to come with no rival why would they pay anymore?

Doubt we would.

10 minutes ago, reynard said:

Good luck to him.

**** him, hope he flops like drinkwater, and I didn’t think that about Kante who went about it in the right way, regardless how disappointed I was in his departure, At times he’s been amazing for us, brought us some of the best times, and yes I’m grateful for that. But his petulance may well have cost us a European spot last season, and nobody is bigger than the club. Thanks for the good times, shame you went missing on occasions, I think you’ll have to become more consistent if you don’t wanna be a bench warmer for pep. LTID.

Edited by Al-aLondon-Foxile
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, reynard said:

Good luck to him.

First of all, I‘d take the transfer fee mentioned with a pinch of salt. Might well be that we‘ll get more than that with add-ons/other clauses.

And secondly, no player is irreplacable. Life will go on, and we‘ll see to a style that‘ll suit us better without him.

What has to happen also, is that other midfielders finally step up to the plate and add more goals and assists themselves. It‘s fatal to rely on two players only to deliver the goods up front. For too long, strikers have been able to hide behind Vardy and midfielders behind Mahrez.

• Like 2

He is a legend and he should applauded when he returns. He was a major part of the impossible dream. Riyad, all the best in your new venture. Your grace and beauty will live with me forever.

Edited by Micky
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Micky said:

He is a legend and he should applauded when he returns. He was a major part of the impossible dream. Riyad, all the NEST in your new venture. Your grace and beauty will live with me forever.

You should send him a tweet.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Micky said:

He is a legend and he should applauded when he returns. He was a major part of the impossible dream. Riyad, all the best in your new venture. Your grace and beauty will live with me forever.

He definitely should not be applauded, he has disrespected us fans and the club with his behaviour and his half arsed performances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yeah but who?

hope it’s a player which makes the rest of the Prem go “wow” rather than “Patrick Roberts, who” (however good he may be)

Nobody went wow when we signed mahrez, or kante, or vardy 

• Like 1

Mate, I'm entitled to feel the way I do and I'm not the only one, when you sign a contract you should honour it, if you want to cut it short then there's a way to behave. Whilst players like Mahrez treat our club in such a disrespectful manner, the so called bigger clubs will treat us the same way. I loved watching Riyad go from that greedy frustrating player in the championship to the player he was in 15/16, I think we never got 100% from him after that season. Been going down to the match since the 80's for your info.

7 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Mate, the above post reads like you started supporting Leicester last season.

• Like 1

Know what I find amusing? When we won the league, the fans bought into the whole "immortals" tag, and now? Just a few years later, those same fans slag Morgan, the slate Simpson. They've abandoned Albrighton and now that they've left is, talk about disrespecting Mahrez and Drinkwater. 

Immortals? Really? People are so quick to forget that every single one of those players should be viewed as no less than legends at the club, no matter what! That team were the most influential if not the best Leicester team in our history and should never be treated as anything less. 

Every Spanish fan,no matter who they support will always show iniesta as much respect as they can for scoring the winning goal in the WC yet Leicester fans can't afford the same to Leicester players.... It's laughable. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I'll be cheering as Maddison tees up Vardy, on my feet as slab head Maguire nod it's it in and jumping up and down as it goes in off Shinji's shoulder.

We can't rely on one player forever.  Would you rather we chain him up Fritzl style til the end of his contract?  

No, I will shed no tears for him just as he will not give us a backward glance.  

Fritzl style? ?

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Know what I find amusing? When we won the league, the fans bought into the whole "immortals" tag, and now? Just a few years later, those same fans slag Morgan, the slate Simpson. They've abandoned Albrighton and now that they've left is, talk about disrespecting Mahrez and Drinkwater. 

Immortals? Really? People are so quick to forget that every single one of those players should be viewed as no less than legends at the club, no matter what! That team were the most influential if not the best Leicester team in our history and should never be treated as anything less. 

Every Spanish fan,no matter who they support will always show iniesta as much respect as they can for scoring the winning goal in the WC yet Leicester fans can't afford the same to Leicester players.... It's laughable. 

With the risk of repeating myself, Mahrez has brought on all this animosity himself by his actions last January when he tried to **** the team I have supported for all my life, which is a long time.

8 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

'The fans' are tens of thousands of individuals each with their own opinions.  Amazing that you can claim to know all their collective thoughts on individual players.

As a fan, you don't speak for me or tell me what I think or 'buy in to'.

Just now, murphy said:

'The fans' are tens of thousands of individuals each with their own opinions.  Amazing that you can claim to know all their collective thoughts on individual players.

As a fan, you don't speak for me or tell me what I think or 'buy in to'.

Yell me I'm wrong though. Buy the general consensus of what I've read on here. I'm not speaking for every fan,I'm talking in general and I don't feel I'm wrong in every single thing I've said. 

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Yell me I'm wrong though. Buy the general consensus of what I've read on here. I'm not speaking for every fan,I'm talking in general and I don't feel I'm wrong in every single thing I've said. 

General consensus on a forum is a lot more negative than than a entire fanbase.