Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

8 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Not to mention his contribution to the club's recent failures.

Also not to mention the 30+ other players that helped us win promotion to the Premier League and the Premier League title during Mahrez' spell at the club.

The tantrums that he's thrown have also shed a rather negative light on his persona and the people he's surrounding himself with.

I didnt take anything away from any other player. I just said that he had a part in it. 

Its just that there arent any other LCFC players on the verge of signing for 60m right now...which is why i didnt mention them

Who’s going into meltdown first, when someone absolutely mullers him in the Charity Cup and he’s out for the season.

....... not that I’m bitter or anything ?

Genuienly, I wish him all the best, not convinced he makes the Man City first team stronger, however he adds further depth to the squad. I’m surprised he hasn’t held off a little longer, to see if the Ronaldo transfer starts a shock wave around Europe and he could have ended up an “Elite” club, like Bayern, PSG, Madrid or Barca etc etc

Devastated to be honest. Struggling to describe how I'm feeling right now. Even when he's been awful, you just knew that at any moment he could produce a moment of magic in an instant and change a game. It truly has been a pleasure to witness some of the football he's produced over the past few years. 

Whilst I'm obviously sad to see him go and will miss his wonderful footballing ability, I do feel that he's tarnished his reputation with the fans with his antics over the past few seasons. I appreciate and believe that he deserves a platform of the very highest level to showcase his capabilities (though I'm not of the opinion that he fits into the very highest tier of world football), however his determination to leave at all costs has disappointed me.

I'm also annoyed that the club didn't do enough to convince him of our ambitions immediately after winning the league. I think that at that point we were in a position to make some marquee signings and signal our intent to not only our existing player's but also the rest of the league, but for whatever reason it never materialised and we opted for consolidation and mediocrity. 

I'll be intrugued to see how he gets on at Man City. If Pep can get a greater level of consistency out of him they'll have a bargain on their hands, however he won't get away with putting in a world class performance every 8 to 10 games like he has done here. If that happens he'll become well acquainted with the bench and I'm not sure how he'll handle that as he's quite temperamental. Also, if Pep does get him playing at a higher level regularly I can see a scenario whereby he and his agent start angling for a move to Barcelona, which will see Man City facing a similar scenario to what we have faced over the past few years. 

Ultimately I wish him well with his move. Hopefully it follows the path of Kante and not Drinkwater. 

Edited by ian_marshall
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He wowed me, he frustrated me, there was a time when I wanted him gone for £5 million but then he turned into a GOAT.

The most naturally gifted player I've seen at Leicester but not the best player overall, that accolade goes to Kante.

Thank you Riyad, enjoy the bench :thumbup:

Well, bye bye Sweetest of Princes. It’s been emotional. You have been the best player I’ve seen play in our colours, over the past 40 years of my life. 

You’ve been a major contributor to the greatest moment in my football supporting life.

It’s not the wonderful goals I’ll remember most (and there were so so many by the way) it’s one magical drag back and instant pass which you performed right in front of me, to Fuchs, for an amazing cross, to Vardy for a goal at home to Liverpool. Simply lovely.

Take care. All the best.

ps. Please don’t embarrass us when we play you over the forthcoming seasons.

• Thanks 1

Just now, kingfox said:

He wowed me, he frustrated me, there was a time when I wanted him gone for £5 million but then he turned into a GOAT.

The most naturally gifted player I've seen at Leicester but not the best player overall, that accolade goes to Kante.

Thank you Riyad, enjoy the bench :thumbup:

Agree Kante best player I have ever seen!

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This is a sad day for Leicester City

Cant say i'm not dissappointed or wont miss his skill but at the same time when he whined about wanting to move i realized it was the beginning of the end.

Sad day when its official but we move on and hopefully find a better replacement and team overall.

Edited by Jattdogg