Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

42 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Mate, I'm entitled to feel the way I do and I'm not the only one, when you sign a contract you should honour it, if you want to cut it short then there's a way to behave. Whilst players like Mahrez treat our club in such a disrespectful manner, the so called bigger clubs will treat us the same way. I loved watching Riyad go from that greedy frustrating player in the championship to the player he was in 15/16, I think we never got 100% from him after that season. Been going down to the match since the 80's for your info.

I’m not going through this bitter argument again so this is my final post on the matter. What I will say is that there were assurances given to Mahrez after the title when he signed his contract that were not honoured which account for much of his behaviour. He’s humble and principled but been advised poorly no doubt. I’ll never be bitter toward him - the most talented ever to put in our shirt. I wish him every success. We would never have won the title without him.

• Like 1

Just now, Aeropars said:

I knew it was coming but it’s still so hard to take. 

And i I don’t see him working in the Man City team which makes it bemusing. 

He will, Pep loves technical players... Sane, KDB and Mahrez all running at you? I pray for other defences. Mahrez, go be a ****ing world beater. 

48 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Know what I find amusing? When we won the league, the fans bought into the whole "immortals" tag, and now? Just a few years later, those same fans slag Morgan, the slate Simpson. They've abandoned Albrighton and now that they've left is, talk about disrespecting Mahrez and Drinkwater. 

Immortals? Really? People are so quick to forget that every single one of those players should be viewed as no less than legends at the club, no matter what! That team were the most influential if not the best Leicester team in our history and should never be treated as anything less. 

Every Spanish fan,no matter who they support will always show iniesta as much respect as they can for scoring the winning goal in the WC yet Leicester fans can't afford the same to Leicester players.... It's laughable. 

I think 99% of fans view them as Legends, Immortals, whatever you want to call them. 

However this doesn't make them immune to being criticised.

Drinkwater and Mahrez have both shown a lack of class, in the way they have both gone about get their moves, they are reasonable for having a negative affect on their own legacy's.

Iniesta, and how he is revered by Spanish fan isn't a fair comparison as it's not compare apples with apples.

Edited by coolhandfox
Typo's
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

He will, Pep loves technical players... Sane, KDB and Mahrez all running at you? I pray for other defences. Mahrez, go be a ****ing world beater. 

Who knows. Half of it is because we have never had a true world class player in our team. It’s just all a bit odd. 

Disappointed with his antics to get a move, but wish him well. Yes he might not start every week but I think he'll fit in well there and can only see him getting better with their coaching and being surrounded by world class players.