Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

**New** Puel In or Out - A simple Poll Mk 2

Puel In or Out? MK2  

597 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

6 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Exactly this. He is the worst manager i have seen at Leicester since Taylor.

Would be criminal to give him our summer transfer kitty.

Incredible exaggeration. 

Hes worst than a manager who took

us down to the third tier. 

• Like 1

So its 40:60.  I am an outter.  Yet i understand this is not clear cut.  I accept theres an argument to let him bring in players... but the down side of this is the cost...

The argument that we should stick with him coz we don't want to keep sacking managers is false... we can't have a crap manager and say we keep him coz we dont want a reputation for sacking managers.

Thise inners i have taked to admit they ate not sure how it will turn out.  My worry is that i think the style under puel is not what we want.  Worse, imo posession football requires top top players.  Let's see ...

Edited by foxinsocks

Absolutely no guarantee whatsoever we could get anyone better. No guarantee the next man wont be much worse and get us relegated. No guarantee we wont do well under Puel next season after a decent transfer window

100% guarantee that with zero patience and constant new managers we will just keep going over the same issues until Vardy and co are finished/gone and we have no infrastructure built up to have a foundation without them

@FIF  was told he was way off for saying we'd get top 8. We are there and many want to sack the manager

If you want exciting football its not going to happen with our squad as it is

Puel has had to deal with loads of s*** here, stroppy players being the number one issue. If the club backs him over the summer with signings he wants and gives him a chance then you wont see so many strops because nobody cares about the bad mood of the guys on the bench

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Beechey said:

You're acting as if it's solely his decisions that have caused our dip in form. Is it a coincidence that since Mahrez's January fiasco that our form has dropped? I'd argue no. He's so important to our play (scoring or assisting ~45% of our goals before January), and the fact he's not scored or assisted in 7 games means we're effectively neutered. What do you want him to do? He needs a transfer window.

What I wanted him to do was drop Mahrez for a game or two at least as a lesson to both him and the squad to show that his behaviour was not acceptable, it would ‘make a statement’ to everyone who was in charge. 

The other players were pissed off with RM and they needed to see that the team ethic and respect for the club and his team mates is paramount. The club is bigger than one **** of a player. 

Puel in his wisdom thought that benching him for half a game was the answer. Clearly it wasn’t, and it showed weakness, it was a massive error of judgement. Good man managers do not do that sort of thing.

Squad harmony hasn’t been the same since, and as I predicted at the time we’ve struggled ever since.

So in summary he’s ****ed big time and proven he doesn’t know how to deal with players for the benefit of the team as a whole.

Thats aside from the boring, laboured regressive play that has been served up for the last three months.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

31 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Absolutely no guarantee whatsoever we could get anyone better. No guarantee the next man wont be much worse and get us relegated. No guarantee we wont do well under Puel next season after a decent transfer window

100% guarantee that with zero patience and constant new managers we will just keep going over the same issues until Vardy and co are finished/gone and we have no infrastructure built up to have a foundation without them

@FIF  was told he was way off for saying we'd get top 8. We are there and many want to sack the manager

If you want exciting football its not going to happen with our squad as it is

Puel has had to deal with loads of s*** here, stroppy players being the number one issue. If the club backs him over the summer with signings he wants and gives him a chance then you wont see so many strops because nobody cares about the bad mood of the guys on the bench

Again, pure conjecture. You could also make a case in point for whatever manager to follow Puel to be a lot better, more competent. The chances are always 50:50.

Absolutely no guarantee whatsoever we couldn't get anyone better. No guarantee the next man will be much worse and get us to 7th/8th spot. No guarantee we will do well under Puel next season after a decent transfer window.

See what I did there?

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

Last time i checked Taylor did not take us down to the 3rd tier.

18 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Much as I loathe Taylor, he didn't take us that far, but the rot that led there started with him. 

I think @Cardiff_Fox meant that the manager to take us down to League One (Holloway) was even worse than Taylor.

7 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I’ve known plenty of season ticket holders that know bugger all about football and the intricacies of the game. Just watching football doesn’t make you an expert. How about actually playing the game yourself? To a reasonable level for a decent period of time, even if that’s still amateur standard?

And in terms of Puel - can you not see the warning signs the players are giving you? 

• Elementary mistakes are a sign of a bad manager - if players minds are elsewhere and not focused that could be down to the manager.
  • Dressing room unrest is a sign of a bad manager - the manager is ultimately responsible for setting the right atmosphere
  • Disappointing 1st half / 2nd half displays is a sign of a bad manager - a managers biggest impact on a game is just before and at half time.
  • Tactical inflexibility is a sign of a bad manager - there is no point in persisting with a style of play if you don’t have the players to play that way. Football has become ever more so a results first business.

There are many more signs that should also concern you about what’s happening - but none more so than the fact we had good base positions in cup quarterfinals where Puel failed to show decisive tactical acumen when it mattered. Those Man City and Chelsea sides were beatable on the day with the right approach - that he failed to show up Big when the occasion demanded tell me that all the time and budget in the world would still leave Puel short with us.

My hunch - departs with 2 games to go.

The only Experts are the fans..Like all good customers,they know what they want,and always up

for comprimise. They just lack,patience wisdom and totally incompetent to know what happening

behind the scenes. To Like any entertainment,you dont need to unterstand the various 

skills needed,or to be a chef, to go dining, one just has to be happy with taste and presentation.

Look to day how many people use a Computer,AS end-users, but know f''*k all about IT-skills.

With your reckoning..It must be unfair,for fans to critiscise ex-players,refs,who turn to panels and

beeing pundits.

Your last point..Wenger/Klopp/Fergie/pep...needed time,and were/are not "instant-coffee" successes,

and they all had,higher quality players Fromthe start. Exception Klopp who had to change Club

Mentality At Mainz.

Look I actually understand where you are coming from on your bullited points,but football isnt

a science,or simple black n white. Or fans and players of AVG.ilk wouldnt grumble over

Tactics,likes and dislikes.

Even the consistent top Team fans have illogical expectations,

based purely on entitlement,and those rogue expectations what constitutes their ideas,

of tactics,performances and End results. Young L'pool and Arsenal fans are chasing their

Traditional glorious past,but have never witnessed it live.

But,its all great for the banter..on the  expression/emotion of frustrations,Triumphs and the grinds.

Football is Like the weather,complain its too hot,too cold,or because its simply the weather,

and not even the Experts can get it right.  There are no steadfast reasoning Points of knowledge or

Competence.

There is one exception,we all love a good whine and moan,so football serves Like the weather,

as a good Ventil, in both the  failing and achievements of all its parts.

Fk it,!! in our title year we had no bloody tactics,just a rabid..lets go for it.!!

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Not saying that we 'fans' are fickle but lets say we beat Arsenal on the 9th May.

Can we have a Puel in/out poll then? :P

...and if Arsenal win a Wenger in/out poll.

• Haha 2

Puel is Rudkin's yes man, 100 percent brought in by Rudkin, so he wouldn't question his authority on transfer dealings etc, owners should bin both of them, but you know Puel will go and Rudkin will leave scot-free.

Anyway with regards to potential replacements with premier league experience.

Usual suspects: Rafa, Dyche, Villas-Boas, Mancini, Pellegrini.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Not saying that we 'fans' are fickle but lets say we beat Arsenal on the 9th May.

Can we have a Puel in/out poll then? :P

We'll get one after Palace. Then West Ham. Then Arsenal. Then Spuds. Then the week after... 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Again, pure conjecture. You could also make a case in point for whatever manager to follow Puel to be a lot better, more competent. The chances are always 50:50.

Absolutely no guarantee whatsoever we couldn't get anyone better. No guarantee the next man will be much worse and get us to 7th/8th spot. No guarantee we will do well under Puel next season after a decent transfer window.

See what I did there?

Not really. Comfortably second best top flight season and could have done better if say, Mahrez didnt eff our season up halfway through

If we keep Puel it looks like we'll be comfortably mid table if things carry on as they are and you can only hope/expect that we improve

You want to risk that for some vague exotic excitement of a new manager, god knows who

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Not really. Comfortably second best top flight season and could have done better if say, Mahrez didnt eff our season up halfway through

If we keep Puel it looks like we'll be comfortably mid table if things carry on as they are and you can only hope/expect that we improve

You want to risk that for some vague exotic excitement of a new manager, god knows who

Just like Puel?

Look back at the initial reactions when he was mentioned as Shakespeare's successor.

And comfortably second-best top-flight season is incorrect in two aspects:

We're not comfortable, we don't look like it (haven't done so since the 0-0 draw at Chelsea) and are in danger of dropping down the table soon.

It's also not our second-best top-flight season, as we finished 2nd some 90 years ago, 4th 55 years ago and 8th under O'Neill in 1999-2000.

Also no guarantee that we couldn't have done better with Mahrez benched (as punishment) for a longer period of time.

The two games without him were rather promising, actually.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Puel is Rudkin's yes man, 100 percent brought in by Rudkin, so he wouldn't question his authority on transfer dealings etc, owners should bin both of them, but you know Puel will go and Rudkin will leave scot-free.

Anyway with regards to potential replacements with premier league experience.

Usual suspects: Rafa, Dyche, Villas-Boas, Mancini, Pellegrini.

What? Rudkin will hire whatever manager we get next, and the one after that, and after that, for as long as he's DoF. That's kind of his job. But by the sounds of it, Puel has more of a say on the transfer dealings than Shakespeare did, at least we're looking at attacking right backs. Mancini and Pellegrini rejected us already, as did Tuchel (PSG  by the looks of it), Dyche won't want to leave Burnley, and if Rafa gets some transfer money, he won't be leaving Newcastle either.

As always, sacking a manager is a risky game. Could end up with a Pardiola.

20 hours ago, kingfox said:

Out

Not because I dislike him as a person, I just dislike his footballing methods. Not one of our players suit his style of football, the last five home games in particular have proved that. 

We have a very decent squad and drastic changes don't have to be made, yet some fans seem to think we need a clear out when Puel is the one that has turned them into negative boring rubbish.

The position we are in is acceptable, the football we are seeing isn't, I want to see a bit of excitement again, with Puel in charge I can't see that happening.

Agree with all apart from the clear out bit. 

Even if puel stays I think we need one. 

Wes (past it)

Huth (finished)

Fuchs (head Is in usa)

Mendy (not good enough)

King (not good enough)

James (not good enough) 

Ulloa 

Slimani 

Jakupovic or hamer (replace with actual competition) 

Amartey (isn't A right back and won't get a chance) 

Okazaki (not suited to puel) 

These players either won't make impact off the bench or won't get a game. Pointless wages for most of them. 

Not that I'm advocating we get rid of them all in 1 window as it would be too much change. But atleast 6 of them need to be replaced in the summer if we are to progress. 

Edited by cityfanlee23

14 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Just like Puel?

Look back at the initial reactions when he was mentioned as Shakespeare's successor.

And comfortably second-best top-flight season is incorrect in two aspects:

We're not comfortable, we don't look like it (haven't done so since the 0-0 draw at Chelsea) and are in danger of dropping down the table soon.

It's also not our second-best top-flight season, as we finished 2nd some 90 years ago, 4th 55 years ago and 8th under O'Neill in 1999-2000.

Also no guarantee that we couldn't have done better with Mahrez benched (as punishment) for a longer period of time.

The two games without him were rather promising, actually.

I knew i'd get called out for that, should have stated within the phony time span of premier league history

What i meant about comfortable is that we were shooting for 7th and expecting to get there for a large portion of the season.

I do agree with you we havent looked comfortable on the pitch for a while and it is concerning.  And I agree with you about possibly benching Mahrez (although many of us think without him we are an average team at times, so that could have gone either way) and definitely Puel should have benched other players. Thats my one real criticism of him and I dont understand why he hasnt benched some.

I suppose its ultimately a stick or twist situation and we'll see what happens

However, if we get rid of Puel before next season and next season we flop under a new manager, the Puel in crowd will never be discredited.

Wouldnt you rather we give him a bit of a go so we can definitively dismiss him?

10 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Agree with all apart from the clear out bit. 

Even if puel stays I think we need one. 

Wes (past it)

Huth (finished)

Fuchs (head Is in usa)

Mendy (not good enough)

King (not good enough)

James (not good enough) 

Ulloa 

Slimani 

Jakupovic or hamer (replace with youngster) 

Amartey (isn't A right back and won't get a chance) 

Okazaki (not suited to puel) 

These players either won't make impact off the bench or won't get a game. Pointless wages for most of them. 

Not that I'm advocating we get rid of them all in 1 window as it would be too much change. But atleast 6 of them need to be replaced in the summer if we are to progress. 

That's slightly harsh on James, King, Amartey and Mendy.

James, because if it hadn't been for his injuries, we might have seen more and better things of him (let's not forget he was once ahead of Drinkwater).

King, because I think he could still play a bit-part role - if he finally found back to his more dynamic and adventurous past.

Mendy, because he was unlucky with his injury with us, then shipped out on loan to Nice, where he arguably hasn't set the world on fire ever since going back. Still think he has something to offer... IF Puel turns our form around, is allowed to spend in the summer. They've worked together at Nice before, and it could work out well again for Nampalys here under those circumstances.

Amartey I think is very versatile and could add something at CB, CDM and RB.

There are many players near the age of 30 or above in this squad, and it's only natural to wave goodbye sooner than later. So that means parting ways with Morgan (34), Huth (34 in the summer), Fuchs (32), Ulloa (32 in the summer), Slimani (30 in June), Jakupovic (34 in October), Okazaki (32) and even Benalouane (31, whom you've missed) at some stage, with most of them highly likely this summer. That's a lot of players in that age bracket, yes, and it shows how we have failed to bring in younger players to mix it up in the two summer transfer windows since our league title win.

Edited by MC Prussian