Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Royal Wedding 2018 (Harry and Meghan)

23 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Why is the fact that her father may or may not attend the wedding even considered as news?

It's absolutely pathetic.

My missus trying to discuss this with me when I got home. Like I give a shit.

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Why is the fact that her father may or may not attend the wedding even considered as news?

It's absolutely pathetic.

I have as little interest in the royal family as most republicans and even I think that's a pretty ****ing stupid comment. 

You not personally caring is fine but a young woman marrying in to the British Royal family not having her own father at the wedding is pretty obviously news, isn't it? 

It's a little bit more than Kim Kardashian's cousin eight times removed being seen at the shops or Will Smith's daughter winning the raffle at a fête. 

You can't say it's kept Palestine or Korea out of the news either so it's hardly being used to detract from anything leading. 

• Like 2

Guest MattP

If anyone was going to find a family more dysfunctional than his own it had to be Harry.

The whole will he/won't he stuff is gold for the media though, this might be the start of the soap opera age of the Royals that seems destined to occur when her majesty passes on, we're going to have Harry crying on TV over things, Wills turning up to present Brit awards and sing with Stormzy, Prince Charles poking his nose into politics with his limited intelligence and cantering around the World preaching his bizarre opinions to African dictators.

It's all going to be very different. abolition might soon be a good idea.

18 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I have as little interest in the royal family as most republicans and even I think that's a pretty ****ing stupid comment. 

You not personally caring is fine but a young woman marrying in to the British Royal family not having her own father at the wedding is pretty obviously news, isn't it? 

It's a little bit more than Kim Kardashian's cousin eight times removed being seen at the shops or Will Smith's daughter winning the raffle at a fête. 

You can't say it's kept Palestine or Korea out of the news either so it's hardly being used to detract from anything leading. 

Has Will Smiths daughter won the raffle at a fete?

Any more on this much appreciated.

Edited by Nick

34 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Hopefully, if anyone deserves it it’s her....

I'd like to apologise, she actually won a box of mr kipling angel slices off the tombola. 

That was cake news. 

[/Izzy Muzzett] 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd like to apologise, she actually won a box of mr kipling angel slices off the tombola. 

She has a lot better luck than me.

I won the raffle at the village fête when I was about 14. My prize was an enormous tube of denture polish. I gave it to the old lady next door, who was delighted.

[true story]

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

The Queen is well pissed off apparently.

She was heard saying "All this fvckin money on a wedding and he ain't even family"

Like she’s paying for it. 

It’ll no doubt be down to Mr and Mrs Muggins, aka the taxpayers. 

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

Like she’s paying for it. 

It’ll no doubt be down to Mr and Mrs Muggins, aka the taxpayers. 

Looks like different bit's of it are being paid for by different sources. But yes, the majority by the taxpayer it seems...

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/17/pf/royal-wedding-cost-who-pays-queen-prince-charles/index.html

Where is the projectile vomiting emoji when you need it.

For one weekend only, Marks & Spencer’s store in the centre of Windsor has been renamed Markle & Sparkle.

23 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm going to get the Ouija Board out to try and summon Diana's spirit so she can attend the happy day.

I bet nobody else has thought to do this. Piss up, brewery etc

19 hours ago, Corky said:

I see that fvcking wand Paul Burrell has resurfaced, telling us that Diana will "be there in spirit" like he's Derek Acorah and not some bloke who used to be a butler.

Tosser.

Burrell knows Jack Schitt.

This is going badly though - I've managed to summon the wrong Diana!

Instead of the Queen of Hearts, I've inadvertantly invited the ghost of Diana Dors. To make matters worse, for reasons I don't understand, she doesn't even manifest as the 1950s 'Blonde Bombshell' Diana Dors, but the early 80s let herself go a bit, not got long left version like in the Adam Ant video.

In fairness though, she was always a lot more fun than Lady Di so the party is bound to be better than it would've been, without her mithering on about how hard done to she was.

Every cloud etc

There I was, wondering why the hecking heck nobody has re-enacted the Royal Wedding WHICH HASN'T EVEN HAPPENED YET, using dogs. I needn't have worried!

Devon's Rachel Grylls (no relation) attempts to explain herself:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-devon-44170811/royal-wedding-2018-dogs-play-harry-and-meghan

The queen has been seeking help with choosing what to wear for the occasion, she asked her butler for advice on head-wear:-

"Which event do you require advice for" he asked.

"A Wedding in Windsor" said the queen.

Butler - "A wedding in Windsor Maaam...... Wear  the fox hat"

"It's a town in Berkshire" replied the Queen.

• Haha 1

Scored only 1 out of 7.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/f3b2f89d-8dab-44a6-a7d7-041e79f548f0?intc_type=singletheme&intc_location=bbcthree&intc_campaign=royalwedding&intc_linkname=quiz_royaletiquette_contentcard6

Shame this event wasn't on some weekday, where many people can have day off work to 'celebrate' such an event.

But will be done and dusted by tomorrow evening and social media etc can talk about more important matters relevant to the public.