Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

Ben Gibson - Burnley

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Mee’s recent Injury perhaps still a worry  or tarkowski on his way?

Not sure tbh, but seems a good bit of business, similar to the Mawson deal. Either could do a Maguire and really make a big step-up this season.

I'm really concerned if we go into the season with Wes and Benny as 3rd and 4th choice CB's

17 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Not sure tbh, but seems a good bit of business, similar to the Mawson deal. Either could do a Maguire and really make a big step-up this season.

I'm really concerned if we go into the season with Wes and Benny as 3rd and 4th choice CB's

3rd and 4th? They'll be starting, dunno what the panic is tbh.

• Haha 1

I'm still perplexed why we are not in for him at this price. Yet seem happy to spend up to 12m on a fourth choice keeper.

A player with premier league experience who was in with a shout of an England call up and we're not in for him when we were prepared to pay more than 15m for him last summer.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, breadandcheese said:

I'm still perplexed why we are not in for him at this price. Yet seem happy to spend up to 12m on a fourth choice keeper.

A player with premier league experience who was in with a shout of an England call up and we're not in for him when we were prepared to pay more than 15m for him last summer.

Perplexed??  Think of our  Scouting/Recruitment/DoF and you can rest your mind.    

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, breadandcheese said:

Maybe they thought we needed a keeper and not a defender?

1 minute ago, wokinghamfox said:

Not in the Middlesboro team today.

He will definitely get a Prem move this window. 

Boro can't risk his value dropping even more, and he needs to get back to the Prem too.

Would have liked him here, as have a doubt about Evans being able to play every game for us and Gibson and Maguire would be a very decent pairing. 

18 hours ago, MPH said:

Maybe they thought we needed a keeper and not a defender?

Which probably why @breadandcheese is perplexed, like many of us.

Very short sighted if the powers that be think Maguire, Evans, Morgan and Benalouane is good enough and will see us through.

Maguire probably the only 100% assured starter, as @STUHILL has said i'm not sure Evans will be able to play every game for us, which means it'll be a rotation of Evans and Morgan which is quite daunting.

I was all for Evans last year and am happy with the signing of him now but he's obviously a year older and seems to be getting injuries more regular, the need for a decent back-up and/or rotation is imperative imo - as is a keeper I agree, but i'd still say that was lower down the priorities than an adequate back-up/rotation CB.

I'll hold my hands up and say I don't know the ins and out of FFP but I find it hard to believe we can't afford/aren't allowed both.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

Which probably why @breadandcheese is perplexed, like many of us.

Very short sighted if the powers that be think Maguire, Evans, Morgan and Benalouane is good enough and will see us through.

Maguire probably the only 100% assured starter, as @STUHILL has said i'm not sure Evans will be able to play every game for us, which means it'll be a rotation of Evans and Morgan which is quite daunting.

I was all for Evans last year and am happy with the signing of him now but he's obviously a year older and seems to be getting injuries more regular, the need for a decent back-up and/or rotation is imperative imo - as is a keeper I agree, but i'd still say that was lower down the priorities than an adequate back-up/rotation CB.

I'll hold my hands up and say I don't know the ins and out of FFP but I find it hard to believe we can't afford/aren't allowed both.

Well the reality is we really don’t know what goes on behind the scenes and we don’t know why  a keeper was brought in ahead of a defender. Maybe they are more concerned about Kasper getting injured than they are Evans getting injured?

personally, I’d agree with them.

theres clearly more to it than  ‘lets Buy a player’

are there negotiations going on behind the scenes? Has someone rejected the chance to join us? Are certain players asking for too much? Is a club  refusing to sell?

so many variables.

Really thought we'd have gone in for him at that price. I really hope we are after Mepham or have another cb on the radar, will be a joke if we go into the season with only Maguire and Evans as our only decent centre backs!