Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

Ben Gibson - Burnley

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

That's because they're still bitter about being ripped off for Heskey!

1 minute ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I won’t have a bad word said against Heskey, 50+ international capped, total club legend.

Yep, Liverpool got the best of Heskey and they did alright with him. One season he got 20+ goals. They also won plenty of cups, including the season they won the FA, League and UEFA Cups.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I won’t have a bad word said against Heskey, 50+ international capped, total club legend.

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Yep, Liverpool got the best of Heskey and they did alright with him. One season he got 20+ goals. They also won plenty of cups, including the season they won the FA, League and UEFA Cups.

It was just a joke............

9 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Hope so. Evans’ injury highlights how easily our defence could go south pretty rapidly.

You are right..I am honestly concerned for this season and we could very easily be relegated.. This and the no mahrez replacement so far.

• Haha 1

Guest Markyblue
8 minutes ago, les-tah said:

You are right..I am honestly concerned for this season and we could very easily be relegated.. This and the no mahrez replacement so far.

Yes us and 13 others.

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

Half of relegated West Broms defence? no thanks.

You mean the same West Bromwich defense that had a better goals-against ratio than 50% of the bottom ten teams last season, better even than ours or Everton's?

The reason the Baggies went down was their impotent attack, not the back four.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

You mean the same West Bromwich defense that had a better goals-against ratio than 50% of the bottom ten teams last season, better even than ours or Everton's?

The reason the Baggies went down was their impotent attack, not the back four.

this is true!  but our attack is impotent now without mahrez... Maddison looks brilliant but even with mahrez he sometimes struggled to do it on his own and Maddison is no where near that level yet.

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

this is true!  but our attack is impotent now without mahrez... Maddison looks brilliant but even with mahrez he sometimes struggled to do it on his own and Maddison is no where near that level yet.

Well we do also have an England striker playing for us don't we ?

12 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

That's because they're still bitter about being ripped off for Heskey!

:whistle:

Think you'll find that Heskey was the perfect foil for a striker like Owen who, along with other Liverpool teammates at the time, have since given testament to his importance to the team and their appreciation of him. Never a prolific goalscorer, he was what he was and very good at it as he was for England also. Liverpool had their money's worth out of an honest very likeable pro (who also helped us as a club out financially when we needed most it lest we forget).

12 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm surprised by this.  I always thought that Liverpool ruined Heskey by turning him into a battering ram/foil for Owen.  When he was with us he seemed more dynamic.  He would scare defences and knock the ball past defenders and run the long way around to retrieve it and beat them for pace.  One player that could get you on your feet.

Definitely a legend.  That equaliser in the cup final was priceless.  Great player, humble and one of our own as they say.  On top of that, he put his hand in his own pocket when we were in trouble.  Double legend!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, murphy said:

I'm surprised by this.  I always thought that Liverpool ruined Heskey by turning him into a battering ram/foil for Owen.  When he was with us he seemed more dynamic.  He would scare defences and knock the ball past defenders and run the long way around to retrieve it and beat them for pace.  One player that could get you on your feet.

Definitely a legend.  That equaliser in the cup final was priceless.  Great player, humble and one of our own as they say.  On top of that, he put his hand in his own pocket when we were in trouble.  Double legend!

I agree with that! When he was with us he used to frighten the he'll out of defences, they had to double up on him and he made Sol Cambell  and Gareth Southgate, two of our better defenders look like complete chumps!

• Like 1