Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

Ben Gibson - Burnley

The issue that we'll have is that none of the 3 main cb's (Gibson included in this assumption) we'll have will want to be a bench starter. 

I think there will be other teams in the prem who would be interested at the right price and could guarantee him a starting position....whereas unless we go 3 at the back we aren't able to do so. 

6 minutes ago, Forward thinking said:

We are in need of another centre back, all it takes is another/more serious injury to Evans or Maguire and we are left with Wes.

I'd be all for this....although would have preferred Mawson!

I don't know why but I thought the signs were that we weren't in for another centre back.

I agree with your post in it's entirety, I think we need one but, would it make Wes 4th choice in a back four?

Most of us on here think it should but there's not been much sign of Wes being phased out (as yet). If Wes is still relied upon to be the back up, would someone like Gibson come here to be 4th choice to start with?

It's all conjecture of course but I agree with everything you said, including the part about Mawson. Good post.

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Probably because, with a couple of exceptions, nobody else has tried to sign them.

Loyal to the their bank accounts?

Ulloa said he'd never play for the club again so he's far from being loyal.

It’s always the player’s fault when there’s a dispute and never the club’s. I think an argument can be made that Leo’s been quite professional and loyal since that conflict.

Just now, The_77 said:

It’s always the player’s fault when there’s a dispute and never the club’s. I think an argument can be made that Leo’s been quite professional and loyal since that conflict.

Completely agree....but if we keep players and offer new contracts to players who have this attitude to begin with, isn't that displaying a wrong message to all the so called "loyal" players in the squad ? 

6 minutes ago, The_77 said:

We extended his contract and he suddenly became loyal.

Very few players show any loyalty unless you give them a payrise or no other bugger wants them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Probably because, with a couple of exceptions, nobody else has tried to sign them.

Loyal to the their bank accounts?

Ulloa said he'd never play for the club again so he's far from being loyal.

I thought that was meant in the sense of never playing for the club again under Ranieri.

Oh, how the ramifications have changed since.

And to think he was awarded a new contract last summer...

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I thought that was meant in the sense of never playing for the club again under Ranieri.

That's how I remember it too. I could be wrong though.

17 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Perhaps it was, still doesn't change the fact that players aren't loyal to the club.

I don't believe anyone of those you mentioned wouldn't be off if we didn't match what they were being offered elsewhere.

Out of those players I'd imagine only Vardy had offers.

.... Evans a doubt for the Man U game and Maguire has missed most of pre-season.So Wes and Benaloaune  could be in. Really not sure what is stopping us going for Gibson he has been on the Radar for at least a year. Then we have rumours about Dawson don't know a lot about him but West Brom want up to £20 mill  which sounds pricey to say the least.Surely Gibson a excellent choice now Mawson has gone as an option.

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

People still talking like Morgan wont start the majority of our games this season.

Well, at the rate of our current injuries occurring, we‘ll end up with Morgan as the sole proper centre-back at our disposal... :ph34r:

(It‘s a conspiracy!)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

People still talking like Morgan wont start the majority of our games this season.

If Evans had cost the £25m he was going to cost last season rather than the £3m we got him for you wouldn't be saying that would you?

39 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If Evans had cost the £25m he was going to cost last season rather than the £3m we got him for you wouldn't be saying that would you?

So if we have #25m to spend on a centre back, we could have two (Evans and Gibson)for the price of one. Sounds like a good deal...

2 hours ago, NasPb said:

Heard we are interested regardless of what happens with maguire 

Just googled Ben Gibson and every story is linked to us. Would be a good move for us to have three top notch centre halves to cover for injuries and it gives us the option of three at the back and Evans can fill in as a defensive left back and holding midfielder. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6005033/Leicester-rekindle-Middlesbrough-defender-Ben-Gibson.html

https://www.90min.com/posts/6130540-leicester-consider-move-for-middlesbrough-s-ben-gibson-as-harry-maguire-speculation-continues

https://madaboutepl.net/2018/07/leicester-city-keen-on-a-move-for-middlesbroughs-ben-gibson/

• Like 1