Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

Ben Gibson - Burnley

Gibson is a thinking CB who just doesn't panic & can play the ball out from the back. I think he would do nothing but improve playing at Leicester. Would give us the possibility of having 2 England CBs

12 minutes ago, Foxfan123 said:

We will get detroyed by ANYONE with Morgan and Benny at the back. If we don’t have Evans and/or Maguire out of the players we do have Johnson needs to start the game.

Fixed

• Like 1

Unless we get one out or switch to 3-4-1-2 I can't see how we can fit another starting CB in the squad.

I think Benny is there just for practice in training, his cameos usually correlate with waves of injuries and hasn't pushed the first 11 since his first game here against Norwich away 15/16 was it? There was actually intrigue around Benny back then lol

7 hours ago, Forward thinking said:

Not convinced at all by Morgan tonight. Looked off the pace....against a much weaker attack than United's. The need for Gibson has only been highlighted further. We are one injury away from having to start either Wes or Yohan.

??

I think we're already there and we might even start with them both at Old Trafford. Heaven forbid! 

• Sad 1

We are going to need another CB for sure dangerous strategy to assume Evans will be fit in another week and Wes can get through a season unscathed. Gibson and Maguire sounds better looking forward.No point waiting for a hammering by United to make the move as window will have gone 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Forward thinking said:

Not convinced at all by Morgan tonight. Looked off the pace....against a much weaker attack than United's. The need for Gibson has only been highlighted further. We are one injury away from having to start either Wes or Yohan.

If Puel persists with Morgan he is effectively signing his own death warrant. He if cannot see this is madness, then I do have serious concerns about all of our coaching staff.

13 hours ago, SpazticChicken said:

Unless we get one out or switch to 3-4-1-2 I can't see how we can fit another starting CB in the squad.

I think Benny is there just for practice in training, his cameos usually correlate with waves of injuries and hasn't pushed the first 11 since his first game here against Norwich away 15/16 was it? There was actually intrigue around Benny back then lol

Morgan and Benalouane will be gone next season when their contracts expire.

Maguire could be transferred at any time if we get an eye watering offer.

Evans already has a niggle.

Having Maguire, Evans and Gibson in the squad gives us three top quality centre halves. We could play three at the back and Evans can also play holding midfielder and defensive left back. We could give all three ample game time with injuries, suspensions and tactical formations taken into account.

I'd imagine Gibson would jump at the chance to come here. The English transfer window closes a week today and at 25 he can't afford another season in the Championship. He was ahead of Maguire in the England pecking order 12 months a go and is now the forgotten man.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Having Maguire, Evans and Gibson in the squad gives us three top quality centre halves. We could play three at the back and Evans can also play holding midfielder and defensive left back. We could give all three ample game time with injuries, suspensions and tactical formations taken into account.

I'd imagine Gibson would jump at the chance to come here. The English transfer window closes a week today and at 25 he can't afford another season in the Championship. He was ahead of Maguire in the England pecking order 12 months a go and is now the forgotten man.

So who would play alongside Gibson then? :)

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

We cant have a full season having one of Maguire, Evans or Gibson on the bench -  all have to be starters, so unless ones injured the whole season or we lose one of them its not gonna work without playing 3cb's, which looks unlikely although a formation of . . .

Kasper

Maguire - Evans/Morgan - Gibson

Ricardo ------------------------------------- Chilwell

Silva - N'didi

Maddison

Scratchy Natch/Slim/Moose/Gray - Vardy

. . . would be very tasty. It also matters how quickly we can shift Morgan to the bench with little fuss because we have to move on(as gracefully & respectfully as possible), imo Evans has been brought in as Captain material so the transition has to be played out smooth. I really can't see the owners selling Maguire for <£80m and I don't even think ManU will pay that right now. So unless one of these three starting CB's can sit on the bench all season alongside Wes whilst staying happy I cant see room for another CB without unlikely formation jiggling.

This is a player we've scouted and been interested in for the last two and a bit years.  We should be making an offer for him, and if it means outbidding Burnley, so much the better.

Upsetting Dyche would be the icing on the cake.

Edited by breadandcheese
  • Like 2