Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

Ben Gibson - Burnley

14 hours ago, KFS said:

No from me until he untucks that bastard shirt 

I secretly like the feeling of being tucked in. Lovely warm feeling round the kidneys. I met a woman via internet dating recently. She said last week, 'you didn't put THAT on your profile!'. lol

15 hours ago, StanSP said:

We're definitely interested in him. We've had scouts watch him for the best part of a year. Boro want roughly £20m for him though.

Not sure we'd spend that much but I wouldn't want our mid-table rivals getting him either. 

Assuming we think he is good enough, that hes a good complementary fit for the team, and If he is actually for sale, £20million in today's market seems reasonable doesn't it?

8 hours ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Any reason at all to prefer this guy over Dragovic?

He's always looked solid to me - unless somebody like Gibson is a substantial upgrade then I would think that a permanent offer to Dragovic is a more likely scenario

15 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'd definitely take him but I'd rather pay extra for Dunk, maybe Mawson.

The right kind of target even if it is probably just a rehashed link.

There are few greater hallmarks of ineptitude than actually scoring for the opposition – and so we will award five points for each own goal scored, but give a free pass to those that only did it once because, well, accidents happen. Brighton are the worst offenders (five) with Newcastle (three) in second. Only Southampton, Everton, Liverpool, West Ham and Arsenal have not conceded any. Incidentally, the worst solo performer? Brighton’s Lewis Dunk, who has single handedly scored four.

:P

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Ben Gibson? We really are preparing for life in the Championship :ph34r:

There's some quality players that have come from the Championship, we know all too well from the players we've brought through. The likes of Zaha, Josh King, Butland ect, have all come from the Championship. 

On 4/29/2018 at 00:59, Matt said:

Because Dragovic won't be hanging around much longer the way he's been treated here?

We have sent out a terrible message by not playing Dragovic when he was clearly ahead of Morgan. Gibson is a very good CB who does not panic at all. Very good in possession & would fit in nicely alongside Maguire.

18 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

Gibson is a good player and I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if we got him. Personally though, I'd rather try for Kurt Zouma.

I was crying out for us to sign Zouma couple of seasons ago, but he has hardly set the world alight at Stoke.

He might be quite bit cheaper now though so wouldn't say no to him. 

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I was crying out for us to sign Zouma couple of seasons ago, but he has hardly set the world alight at Stoke.

He might be quite bit cheaper now though so wouldn't say no to him. 

I thought he's been quite good for Stoke. Granted, they've been rubbish but he's done ok.

1 minute ago, breadandcheese said:

I thought he's been quite good for Stoke. Granted, they've been rubbish but he's done ok.

That's fair. He was MOTM against Liverpool according to some at the weekend. 

I'd take him and Loftus-Cheek in the Summer

On 29/04/2018 at 00:25, Ian Nacho said:

There's some quality players that have come from the Championship, we know all too well from the players we've brought through. The likes of Zaha, Josh King, Butland ect, have all come from the Championship. 

How da fack does josh King make it on to a list a quality players from the championship?

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Unless we are going three at the back we don’t have room for him - clearly evans is considered better value. 

Agreed, our first choice centre halves will be Maguire and the new signing (probably Evans).

Morgan will probably be third choice and possibly fourth choice will be Benalouane or one of the academy lads. People can forget about signing Mawson or Gibson to come here as a bench player. If we sign another centre half I'd expect him to be a young player with potential.