Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

Ben Gibson - Burnley

55 minutes ago, Buce said:

Makes complete sense if we're planning on three at the back.

Not sure where all this three at the back shizzle is coming from! Puel seems to like a back four, with the two full backs overlapping covered by one of the centre mids dropping in. He’s just not had the fullbacks to implement this. Now he has Pereira he won’t be fvching around with Albrighton at least!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Not sure where all this three at the back shizzle is coming from! Puel seems to like a back four, with the two full backs overlapping covered by one of the centre mids dropping in. He’s just not had the fullbacks to implement this. Now he has Pereira he won’t be fvching around with Albrighton at least!

True.

I think people are associating 3 at the back with wing-backs because of O'Neill's team, but you're right, Puel's system has 2 holding mids as cover and 2 CBs.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Well all I will say is if this comes off and we start the season with a back 3 of Maguire, Evans & Gibson then I will take some credit for the keg work I put in last year wooing him round the swimming pool of my holiday complex. €10 well spent.

Didn’t he tell you to respect his privacy 

• Haha 1

On 07/06/2018 at 18:32, FoxinNotts said:

I would have thought MA is the perfect right-sided midfielder for an overlapping full-back. His willingness to defend would give the full-back licence to roam. Especially in a 4-4-2 

Edited by TrentFox
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I would have thought MA is the perfect right-sided midfielder for an overlapping full-back. His willingness to defend would give the full-back licence to roam. Especially in a 4-4-2 

So long as he has support from the CB's so he doesn't have to get sent off again, and he's been practicing crossing from the right again, too...  (Seriously - his crosses from the right last time were complete ****)

Edited by PhillippaT

50 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

That's what the two cdms are there to do. The three behind JV are there to attack inside the full backs.

15 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Drago is twice the player Gibson is or ever will be.

Nuff said!

I disagree ! Gibson has a very solid presence on the ball, very low panic level. He is not as good as Drago in the air but the two are close in ability.

14 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Not in a 4-4-2 as the poster was alluding to ??

Fair enough but we don't play 442 :dunno:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We probably need another centre back as Dragovic seems out of the picture so Gibson/Mawson would be good.However they are strongly linked with Southampton/Burnley and I don't think we can assume they would come running to us - particularly if they see a likely exodus of our best players.

If only we could get another quality CB and keep Harry as well - of course we all know that any new CB will be looked on as lining up a replacement and just add to speculation.