Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

Ben Gibson - Burnley

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

People just need to get used to this, we are and always will be a selling club. Not in the sense of us needing the money, or the owners cashing in. But in the sense that there will always be bigger clubs than Leicester that our players and managers would prefer to go to. It's just the way it is.

What's key is buying the right replacements.

I was aiming my point at @MC Prussian saying something along the lines of buying Gibson and Mawson would give us stability at CB for the next 4 or 5 years. When in reality if they’re any good this won’t be the case. 

11 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I was aiming my point at @MC Prussian saying something along the lines of buying Gibson and Mawson would give us stability at CB for the next 4 or 5 years. When in reality if they’re any good this won’t be the case. 

Sure, there are many factors coming into play. Players wanting to leave, agents pushing for a move, other clubs trying to unsettle players, the media.

Yet the scenario is not impossible. Smalling and Jones have been at Manchester United for eight and seven years respectively. And we've had other players staying at LCFC for four or five years before, it's nothing out of the ordinary.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Are we getting to the point where we need to buy sh!t players to be left alone?  With some of our purchases since the league win that appears to be the strategy. 

On a serious note. Mawson would be a good shout. 

We sold Jeff for £300m.

9 hours ago, Gerard said:

If a club makes a hostile bid for one of our players they should pay a premium. Not only that we should have someone else lined up, we should only be doing it on our terms. 

Maguire is a good player but anyone turning their nose up at the best part of £80m has little concept of value.

Quite right too! Did we not do that with Marhez in the January window ie 90m? If so same again. Pay up or shut up. 

He's classy, just weak aerially. If it's between him Mawson, Lacelles I'd probably just favour Jamal but if Ben was available cheaper I wouldn't complain.

Another Ben I'm surprised doesn't get mentioned is Mee, he's essential to Burnley's solidity, captained them and a left footer; they've sold their main players before for the right price too

• Like 1

On 27/07/2018 at 22:05, ARM1968 said:

Are we getting to the point where we need to buy sh!t players to be left alone?  With some of our purchases since the league win that appears to be the strategy. 

On a serious note. Mawson would be a good shout. 

We have bought several shit players in the recent past but are still not being let alone.

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Then we buy more goddamit. 

I have every confidence in our scouting team to achieve your suggestion.  They are past masters at it.

2 hours ago, mhs123 said:

In Saltburn near Middlesbrough today and the  local landlord says that we are very interested in him.

So is Gibson just a smokescreen then?

• Haha 1

Just in Turkey and chatting to a Boro fan. His lads in academy and his dad has connections. Reckons he's on his way to us. I had a word with Dean Gordon on the back of that as his lad just signed pro terms (who I met whilst here 6 years ago lol) and he reckons he's on his way out but not sure who to. Might be nowt. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Bagworthblue said:

Just in Turkey and chatting to a Boro fan. His lads in academy and his dad has connections. Reckons he's on his way to us. I had a word with Dean Gordon on the back of that as his lad just signed pro terms (who I met whilst here 6 years ago lol) and he reckons he's on his way out but not sure who to. Might be nowt. 

Good to see you post again. :thumbup:

On 27/07/2018 at 15:03, MC Prussian said:

At least we have a handful of players who have remained true to LCFC over recent years, such as Vardy, King, Schmeichel, Morgan. Followed by Simpson, Albrighton and Ulloa.

Hopefully, the same can be said for youngsters such as Chilwell, Choudhury, Ndidi or Maddison.

Probably because, with a couple of exceptions, nobody else has tried to sign them.

Loyal to the their bank accounts?

Ulloa said he'd never play for the club again so he's far from being loyal.

4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Probably because, with a couple of exceptions, nobody else has tried to sign them.

Loyal to the their bank accounts?

Ulloa said he'd never play for the club again so he's far from being loyal.

He also doesn’t know what he’s talking about, clearly.