Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Jakupovic last night...

It's high time Jakupovic had a run out and from what I saw last night against one of the top 6 he played extremely well. In fact I would go as far to say he is a better keeper than Hamer who I fear will become another Logan. As for Schmeichel, where is he or is he just saving himself for the World Cup?

11 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

It's high time Jakupovic had a run out and from what I saw last night against one of the top 6 he played extremely well. In fact I would go as far to say he is a better keeper than Hamer who I fear will become another Logan. As for Schmeichel, where is he or is he just saving himself for the World Cup?

Kasper was injured after a rubbish backpass by Simpson.

8 hours ago, Harry - LCFC said:

A lot of us thought it was odd when Hamer was picked over Jakupovic earlier in the season. I feel we've been vindicated by that performance.

If that's the sort of level he can perform at, or even perform close to, then I think he's good enough to challenge Schmeichel for a starting position. It is only one game of course and we don't know whether he can replicate that.

I always wanted Jaku,in as 2nd choice,ready to replace an injured,off form Schmeichel.

But I think fair dues,Hamer unlike some outfield players wasnt found wanting,and kept well,

when called upon.

I hope we can keep Jaku around,...as cover. Now I would really go out and chase the Stoke

Goalkeeper....Its sort of tradition after,Banks and Shilton,but the other Direction..:scarf:

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Both he and Hamer will not be here next season.

Hamer was told he was getting a new contract.

Jakupovic appears to be a victim of Stowell being Kaspers lap-dog judging by reports of their fall-out.

Jakupovic is a top-keeper and would be a worthy number 2 at most Top PL clubs.....and probably a decent No1 at most clubs

A couple of great saves last night, he also seemed more of a communicator with his defence rather than just shouting at everyone like Kasper does.

Impressed with his attitude as well, would have been easy for him to just go through the motions given his lack of opportunity but celebrated every save like a goal and seemed eager to impress.

Edited by RowlattsFox

Strange signing to begin with but was never given a real chance which makes you ask who's signing was he.

I suspect was playing Hamer to see how good he was and has decided he's not good enough.

I still think we need a new first team Keeper, I just feel Kasper though decent is not quite good enough.

Saved us from falling 2-1 or even 3-1 behind against a ten-men Arsenal.

I had my doubts based on his recent performances with the U23s, where he was caught three times on his near side and completely made a mess of himself for Sunderland's fourth.

Really sold himself well yesterday, and I wouldn't begrudge him if he went elsewhere, potentially to a newly-promoted PL (Cardiff?) club to become their No.1 keeper.

I just don't see him having a future at this club, there's seemingly too much internal troubles and drama regarding the goalkeeping position.

Looked decent but not good enough to be our No.1 next season, and obviously unhappy with being our 3rd choice for much of the season, so should understandably be looking for a move next season, perhaps a No.1 spot in the championship. 

I am still of the idea that we need someone who is potentially better than Kasper so can at least genuinely push him for a start, similar to what Pope has done at Burnley. 

We can't afford Kasper to have another poor season if we have genuine ambitions of a top 6-7 finish. 

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He'll probably leave which is a shame.

Not sure he's keen on working with this manager or GK coach.

Interviewed him after the game for the first time, seems a nice, humble chap.

I've said for years we need to get rid of Stowell, I just really don't think he's that good at his job

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I've said for years we need to get rid of Stowell, I just really don't think he's that good at his job

All of our keepers seem to struggle with crosses so that could be an area Stowell could improve his coaching on...

6 hours ago, MPH said:

If we have more thank one keeper who struggles at coming for crosses, should we be looking at the GK coach?

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

And whichever coach is mostly responsible for our corner routines as for the last few years we're just dreadful there

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Hamer was told he was getting a new contract.

Jakupovic appears to be a victim of Stowell being Kaspers lap-dog judging by reports of their fall-out.

Jakupovic is a top-keeper and would be a worthy number 2 at most Top PL clubs.....and probably a decent No1 at most clubs

Hamer has not or will not be offered a contract and has several options both here and abroad. 

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

So you don’t think Kasper has improved any since he came here? 

not as much as he should have with a top coach, he still makes the same stupid, easily coach-able mistake he was making when we signed him, biggest most obvious example is his positioning at free kicks

3 hours ago, themightyfin said:

So you don’t think Kasper has improved any since he came here? 

Would there be a certain Belgium second tier team involved in that?

edit: I am sorry I meant to quote your other  post about hamer

Edited by MPH

Starting or as a sub, I'm just happy that the barn won't fade in flames if one of them is injured. The season is long and injuries/suspensions are bound to happen so it's good to have 2 good keepers.

Edited by the fox