Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Jakupovic last night...

Yes, I know, I know... it was only one game... but thought he did quite well and made some good saves... bit unlucky with their goal as I thought his initial save was very very good...

he looks  like he is on his way out and you can’t keep him  based on one game I suppose but he can’t of done himself any harm at all in his search for first team football..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3

He played really well, probably just one of those confidence players who turn awful when downgraded to the reserves.

At least he's already signed up unlike Dragovic, so if we decide we're wanting to keep him around after all (especially after Hamer leaves) then he'll have to stay.

A lot of us thought it was odd when Hamer was picked over Jakupovic earlier in the season. I feel we've been vindicated by that performance.

If that's the sort of level he can perform at, or even perform close to, then I think he's good enough to challenge Schmeichel for a starting position. It is only one game of course and we don't know whether he can replicate that.

no surprise he played well he was one of Hull's better players last season, its amazing what a competent keeper does to a back 4.

keep him as number 2 pushing whomever we sign as number one

I always knew Jaku had something to offer and I'm glad Puel got to see something good come out of Jaku against a Top 6 club.

I legit always thought Jaku could push Schmeichel but never got the chance because Kasper seems 'undroppable' to most people.

Jakupovic had a brilliant game and showed he's better than Hamer in my eyes. His two saves in the 1st had were incredible, especially the 1st one round the post. He also looked like he communicated well with his back 4 and never looked rushed. I can't even blame much for their goal as it was a good save initially, just unfortunate that it went to an Arsenal shirt. 

Even in other games he's played in he's looked assured and very competent. 

Very impressed with him and we should be looking to keep him, but I think he's showed he could be a number 1 at a lower prem side. Maybe he'll leave for regular 1st team opportunities

• Like 1

He was good and did pretty much what would have been expected of any top flight keeper. Seen someone say he's the best keeper at the club last night though lol 

Better than hamer but not good enough for a top 8 club unless he can improve his six yard box management and look more confident when the ball is heading his way - which of course is possible as he has had no decent opportunity this campaign. 

suspect his selection was to boost the fee we can demand in in the event that he did ok 

In all fairness he has been poor for the U23s. He doesn't cover hisbposts particulatly well (almost got caught for that again yesterday), flaps at crosses (as we saw yesterday) and in the U23s his distribution has been pretty average. 

He played above himself last night I feel. But it was by no means a perfect performance. 

He is no where near an in form Kasper. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

In all fairness he has been poor for the U23s. He doesn't cover hisbposts particulatly well (almost got caught for that again yesterday), flaps at crosses (as we saw yesterday) and in the U23s his distribution has been pretty average. 

He played above himself last night I feel. But it was by no means a perfect performance. 

He is no where near an in form Kasper.

But we've not seen that in quite a while. And he's comfortably better than Hamer.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Great shot stopping, but again poor on crosses. Flapped at one first half and they nearly scored and several times he should have come and claimed the ball but just stood in his line.

You having a laugh? 

His command of his area was one of the best bits of his game. Compared to Kasper "Glued to his line" Schmeichel it was like watching Manuel Neuer. 

Edit: that's not to say he's better all round than Kasper but his coming off his line definitely is. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You having a laugh? 

His command of his area was one of the best bits of his game. Compared to Kasper "Glued to his line" Schmeichel it was like watching Manuel Neuer. 

Edit: that's not to say he's better all round than Kasper but his coming off his line definitely is. 

No. Straight after his great save low down to his right he flapped at a ball and it went straight to there player in the box, we were lucky to escape without conceding.

Couple of times second half they crossed from deep and he absolutely should have come for both but he didn't even move. Thankfully for him they were flagged offside for one and shot weakly straight at him for the second.

Views from the stand can be distorting at times, but that's what I saw.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Good, but we need a decent young whippersnapper who can challenger Kasper for his place.

To be honest, I wouldnt mind just getting rid of Kasper and going for someone like Butland. We all know what will happen, If Puel stays or any new manager comes in, kasper will be first choice and nobody else will get a sniff. It's a toxic situation to be frank. I'm kind of sick of seeing it. 

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No. Straight after his great save low down to his right he flapped at a ball and it went straight to there player in the box, we were lucky to escape without conceding.

Couple of times second half they crossed from deep and he absolutely should have come for both but he didn't even move. Thankfully for him they were flagged offside for one and shot weakly straight at him for the second.

Views from the stand can be distorting at times, but that's what I saw.

The bit about the crosses I'm not arguing but he came off his line for more or less everything on the deck.