Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Alassane Pléa

2 hours ago, Callabinho said:

Balotelli hahaha! Seriously? With some of our fans the bloke will be lynched if he hasn’t bagged 20 goals by Christmas. 

It's tongue-in-cheek with all the OGC Nice connection already established by Puel and (former) Nice players linked with LCFC - Mendy, Pereira, now Pléa. Who's next?

Might as well swap half of both teams!

If we are only signing one striker this summer, then it really needs to be someone who can offer us something different. I think we should really be looking at strikers who can win some aerial battles for us and be a threat in the box from crosses and set plays. 

Vardy will start no matter what and it looks like Iheanacho is showing signs of being very useful for us. What we are missing is a big, lump no.9 who we can throw on if we are struggling to break down teams. 

We may be shipping out Slimani, Musa, Ulloa and Okazaki so maybe after 2 strikers this window, but even still, this Plea guy seems bit ordinary from what I've seen. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

If we are only signing one striker this summer, then it really needs to be someone who can offer us something different. I think we should really be looking at strikers who can win some aerial battles for us and be a threat in the box from crosses and set plays. 

Vardy will start no matter what and it looks like Iheanacho is showing signs of being very useful for us. What we are missing is a big, lump no.9 who we can throw on if we are struggling to break down teams. 

We may be shipping out Slimani, Musa, Ulloa and Okazaki so maybe after 2 strikers this window, but even still, this Plea guy seems bit ordinary from what I've seen. 

Only? I'd be surprised if we even signed one striker. 

We've got 6 on our books currently and we'll be trying to move 3 on.

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Only? I'd be surprised if we even signed one striker. 

We've got 6 on our books currently and we'll be trying to move 3 on.

I think we will definitely be after a striker or two this window. 

Can't imagine we'll see Slimani, Musa or Ulloa play for Leicester again. Ulloa out of contract, and if we can't sell Slimani and Musa, then I imagine they will be shipped out on season long loans. Okazaki might stay, although I think we should sell. 

That leaves us Vardy and Iheanacho. Iheanacho might be used more as a no.10 as well, so we really do need to be signing a striker or two in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Can't imagine we'll see Slimani, Musa or Ulloa play for Leicester again. Ulloa out of contract, and if we can't sell Slimani and Musa, then I imagine they will be shipped out on season long loans. Okazaki might stay, although I think we should sell. 

That leaves us Vardy and Iheanacho. Iheanacho might be used more as a no.10 as well, so we really do need to be signing a striker or two in my opinion.

Would I get shot down if I was to say I would still keep Slimani as an option coming of the bench? Offers you that something different.

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Would I get shot down if I was to say I would still keep Slimani as an option coming of the bench? Offers you that something different.

I wanted this for a long time and I still rate him. I just don't think he would be happy coming back here to sit on the bench and he really doesn't seem to make much impact from the bench or as much as I would have hoped. He needs to be playing regularly and as a lone no.9, which just doesn't fit in with Vardy who also likes to play that role. 

I was hoping he would have had a real impact at Newcastle and we could have recouped a fair chunk of what we paid, but he screwed that up! 

I'd sell him, even at a cut price, not because I don't rate him but simply because I don't see a role here for him or certainly not one he would be happy with. I'd sign two strikers, one who can win headers and bully defenders and another one with similar attributes to Vardy or a genuine no.10 so that Iheanacho can play more as a no.9 when needed. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Would keep Okazaki, all day long. 

He' never gonna be a starter but in the correct situation, he's worth his wage. Holding on to a lead? Being over run in midfield? He adds a body to the midfield and attack, the way he plays. 

Him and Inheacho would be my 10s with Vardy and someone else coming in as my no.9s.

7 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Would keep Okazaki, all day long. 

He' never gonna be a starter but in the correct situation, he's worth his wage. Holding on to a lead? Being over run in midfield? He adds a body to the midfield and attack, the way he plays. 

Him and Inheacho would be my 10s with Vardy and someone else coming in as my no.9s.

Think this is the most likely outcome tbh. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I think we'll probably keep the one who doesn't get a move this season. As long as Musa isn't that player I'd be happy enough to see one of Slimani, Ulloa or Okazaki in the squad and the other two move on.

• 3 weeks later...

L’Equipe has a bumper transfer special in their Tuesday edition, with the French newspaper looking to inject even more oomph into the start of the transfer window.

With late May and early June already feeling like peak August transfer window, the fresh reports and links, old and new, are only going to increase the transfer hype around Ligue 1 right now.

Each French club gets a section of their own and for Nice there’s some Leicester City involvement. Alassane Plea and Jean-Michaël Seri are the main possible exits and the Foxes are said to be a possible ‘track’ for the former.

Along with Leicester, Borussia Monchengladbach and Valencia are also said to be keen on 25 year old attacker Plea. ‘Concrete offers’ have been received at Nice for both players mentioned, but L’Equipe don’t share any further on who they came from or what the value was.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-presented-track-signing-concrete-offers-already-received/

Bid gone in from unknown club, we are being linked again.

Plea bid rejected

Nice have rejected an offer for reported Leicester City target Alassane Plea.

The striker has been watched closely by Claude Puel over the past six months, according to L’Equipe, who say Nice have knocked back a bid from an unnamed club for the 25-year-old.

Plea, signed by Puel for Nice back in 2014, scored 21 goals in all competitions last season and has been linked to Valencia and Borussia Monchengladbach, as well as City.

Edited by FoxyPalace.com

10 hours ago, Beechey said:

L’Equipe has a bumper transfer special in their Tuesday edition, with the French newspaper looking to inject even more oomph into the start of the transfer window.

With late May and early June already feeling like peak August transfer window, the fresh reports and links, old and new, are only going to increase the transfer hype around Ligue 1 right now.

Each French club gets a section of their own and for Nice there’s some Leicester City involvement. Alassane Plea and Jean-Michaël Seri are the main possible exits and the Foxes are said to be a possible ‘track’ for the former.

Along with Leicester, Borussia Monchengladbach and Valencia are also said to be keen on 25 year old attacker Plea. ‘Concrete offers’ have been received at Nice for both players mentioned, but L’Equipe don’t share any further on who they came from or what the value was.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-presented-track-signing-concrete-offers-already-received/

On 17/05/2018 at 02:12, ScouseFox said:

he was fu cking awful in the 85 minutes i watched him play when i went to nice last year. think he scored. but he was shit. 

however seri was really good. we should buy him. i should be a scout. cheers. 

Linked again by Le10Sport. Reported on Sky but likely a rehash from earlier news. Monaco and Borussia Dortmund chucked in with us, such illustrious company:

£25M FOR LEICESTER TARGET?

Nice striker Alassane Plea will not leave the club for less than €25m, reports Le 10 Sport.

The Frenchman scored 16 goals in Ligue 1 last season, attracting interest from Monaco, Borussia Dortmund and Leicester City.

It is believed Nice will allow Plea to leave the club this summer but not on the cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Not bothered, Spurs are in the same boat as us as far as strikers go. They only really ever play one up top and like us no one is replacing their first choice striker. Any striker they sign will just be an understudy with next to no chance of him forcing his way into the team.

With the squads that both us and Tottenham have, I can’t see it either of us going for him unless a few strikers are shipped out.

We’ve got Vardy, Iheanacho, Slimani, Okazaki, Ulloa and Musa for that position whilst Spurs have Kane, Son, Janssen and Llorente. 

4 hours ago, dormelcfc said:

With the squads that both us and Tottenham have, I can’t see it either of us going for him unless a few strikers are shipped out.

We’ve got Vardy, Iheanacho, Slimani, Okazaki, Ulloa and Musa for that position whilst Spurs have Kane, Son, Janssen and Llorente

Yeah I'm not sure why'd want to replace Janssen and Llorente either

12 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Yeah I'm not sure why'd want to replace Janssen and Llorente either

What my point was is that they’d have to shift those two out before they brought anyone else in presumably.