Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

Sad seeing whats happening to Ipswich Town this year, and in general over the past decade - a once great club with a great footballing tradition reduced to minnows :(

Hope they get rid of their manager and stay up, although even if they do seems only a matter of time before they slip down the leagues as they can't seem to compete financially under their current owner.

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

The Ipswich fans who were calling for Mick McCarthy's head got what they wanted. 

And I saw some saying they'd take relegation to League One to sort things out. 

First problem being you've got to suffer the relegation which involved a season like this one.

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Barring a takeover, I honestly don't know what else they expected from him.

From what I understand from a mate who supports them - football was so poor under Mick and their team has a tradition of passing football on the floor so the fans turned on him - spending money each week to watch awful football and only getting mid-table from it turned fans off him.

He does admit that Mick didn't really have another option but to play physical hoof-ball given the money available to him and you can see what the effect of another manager coming in to change the style of play has been (although Hurst is by all accounts a waste of space).

On 25/10/2018 at 18:48, Arriba Los Zorros said:

From what I understand from a mate who supports them - football was so poor under Mick and their team has a tradition of passing football on the floor so the fans turned on him - spending money each week to watch awful football and only getting mid-table from it turned fans off him.

He does admit that Mick didn't really have another option but to play physical hoof-ball given the money available to him and you can see what the effect of another manager coming in to change the style of play has been (although Hurst is by all accounts a waste of space).

It’s the “Ipswich way” of playing football. Give it a rest

13 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Sheep shaggers playing some good stuff.

Think Lampard is a good appointment .. intelligent, likeable and really understands the game.

Derby deserve credit for giving him his first crack at management and its paying dividends.

Early  days ...    they’ll crash and burn towards the end of the season ...    the tw@tty fookers never let me down ! ...    :D

52 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Early  days ...    they’ll crash and burn towards the end of the season ...    the tw@tty fookers never let me down ! ...    :D

Think they could go the distance, with someone like Lampard who knows how to win leagues it is always going to help

they had a patchy few weeks but seem to be back on track, I expect them to be up there

11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Think they could go the distance, with someone like Lampard who knows how to win leagues it is always going to help

they had a patchy few weeks but seem to be back on track, I expect them to be up there

No matter what he has achieved as a player his management experience is minimal ...  he has inherited a strong team and has used his contacts well ...   but ..  he has not really been tested yet.  I’d guess he’d want to be a bit chummy chummy with the players (similar to Shakey) but that can bite you up the bum (similar to Shakey!).   Joking apart his honeymoon period might just keep on going and of course they might go up ...    I just fookin hope not !!!!   :)

• Like 1