Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

There doesn't appear to be a stand-out team this season, I thought West Brom would be the one in recent weeks but they've become inconsistent.

I suppose it makes for a close and interesting league but I think all promoted clubs will need a lot of work.

Hull City refuse to meet club's major fan group
Empty Seats Hull City PA 38295167
Hull City have excluded the largest democratic group at the club from its fan engagement meetings this month, contravening national guidelines on supporter dialogue.

At the club’s recent Supporters Committee meeting, Hull City Supporters’ Trust (HCST) were barred from attending - due to a dispute between HCST and the club.

Hull City’s owners are unhappy with the an elected official at the trust and won’t allow the group to take part in their supporter meetings until they are replaced – HCST say this would significantly undermine their independence and democratic legitimacy.

HCST said this week: “Whilst disappointed with the current stance taken by the club, we wish to remind our members, (and the wider Hull City fan base), that HCST is an independent organisation, fully affiliated to both the FSF and Supporters Direct, (of which we are grateful for their guidance and feedback in recent months), and cannot allow the Club to dictate its board structure and operation.”

Hull City’s exclusion of a democratic fan group goes against the guidelines set out by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) on ‘structured dialogue’ which were adopted into the EFL rulebook.

Under EFL rules senior club officials are required to meet supporters or supporter representatives at least twice a season – those attending the meetings must be chosen in line with democratic principles. DCMS guidelines say that supporter trusts should be automatically included.

HCST said: “It is hard therefore, not to conclude that this is a continued and deliberate delaying tactic by the club to avoid meaningful dialogue on some of the major issues that have upset thousands of Hull City supporters in recent years, which is increasingly evident by the declining attendance figures at home matches.”

The FSF will be taking this issue up directly with senior EFL officials at one of our regular meetings on November 14th. The FSF will also be bringing the case to the attention of DCMS.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Sky TV

Will fade your chants

Its worrying how sports broadcasters manipulate the sound being transmitted live to viewers. As a result, a lot of armchair fans think what you hear on tv is exactly what you hear in the stadium.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Its worrying how sports broadcasters manipulate the sound being transmitted live to viewers. As a result, a lot of armchair fans think what you hear on tv is exactly what you hear in the stadium.

I saw someone on twitter rating his "best fans by atmosphere" (for some reason I keep seeing lists by these football fans who have their profile picture as their favourite player..) and I could tell he'd never experienced most, if not any, live. Palace and Newcastle (and us!!) at the top - I can honestly say, having been to 17 current PL grounds of out 20, Palace and Newcastle would be nowhere near top for me. The loudest I've experienced in recent times is Huddersfield.

Edited by Fox92

30 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

State of this minutes silence.

Christ.

I can't be the only one that noticed that the noise over the top was a clear loop?

Sky either ****ed it or something a bit untoward happened in the ground that they couldn't broadcast.

Edited by Langston