Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Slimani - Wants to leave

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Interesting, please correct my lazy assumption (not sarcasm!) 

They are actually similar to the Canaries - some of the islands (there are about ten, iirc) are flat and sandy, others are rocky and volcanic with a little more vegetation, but by no means 'green'.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

coming towards the end of the career, he'll want a massive payday while he still can, need some Saudi Arabian team to throw some money at us so we can get a respectable amount back.

He's 29 not 40.

On 03/06/2018 at 10:04, whoareyaaa said:

if we get 20mil it would be a miracle he is pretty average and looks like hes carrying 20kg weights on his legs

I honestly think we will be lucky to get £10m for him he is unbelievably average and his attitude stinks. I cannot believe why the head of recruitment has not been sacked 

Can not believe the dislike of Slimani, has always performed when given the opportunity, never heard a peep about bad attitude etc.

We may have over paid, but that doesn't make him a bad player. He would do well in any mid/lower prem team that plays to his strengths.

4 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Can not believe the dislike of Slimani, has always performed when given the opportunity, never heard a peep about bad attitude etc.

We may have over paid, but that doesn't make him a bad player. He would do well in any mid/lower prem team that plays to his strengths.

lol His attitude has been questioned many times on here. Bad apple apparently.

5 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

I am guessing you have not had the unfortunate pleasure of seening him play live very often?  when he misses a chance then blames the person who passed it. He doesn’t run unless the players shout at him and then he runs about like a headless chicken chasing the ball comical really I want to play some Benny Hill music?. He is always arguing with someone, In my opinion the team spirit and love for each other went downhill when he signed 

There is clearly a dislike for him as half the team fail to pass to him either because they just don’t like him and know he will blame the pass or he will miss the ball

He has been an dreadful signing and we will be lucky to recoup a third of the money we wasted on him 

Maybe with time he may improve who knows good luck to him if he moves on but the money we are paying him he won’t be going anywhere 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

lol His attitude has been questioned many times on here. Bad apple apparently.

to be fair.. being questioned on here is ................well :)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mark - Reading said:

I am guessing you have not had the unfortunate pleasure of seening him play live very often?  when he misses a chance then blames the person who passed it. He doesn’t run unless the players shout at him and then he runs about like a headless chicken chasing the ball comical really I want to play some Benny Hill music?. He is always arguing with someone, In my opinion the team spirit and love for each other went downhill when he signed 

There is clearly a dislike for him as half the team fail to pass to him either because they just don’t like him and know he will blame the pass or he will miss the ball

He has been an dreadful signing and we will be lucky to recoup a third of the money we wasted on him 

Maybe with time he may improve who knows good luck to him if he moves on but the money we are paying him he won’t be going anywhere 

I am not for one minute suggesting he is better than Vardy, but he is better than many give him credit for...

In 16/17 when he got some game time for us.. his results match/exceed Vards..

Slim........................Vardy

Avg Playing time  55mins...................80 mins

Goal Frequncy     182 mins ..............  216 mins

Shots per game .   1.6 ..................... 1.3

tackles                   0.5 ..................... 0,4

Just saying.

Edited by ozleicester

11 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

I am not for one minute suggesting he is better than Vardy, but he is better than many give him credit for...

In 16/17 when he got some game time for us.. his results match/exceed Vards..

Slim........................Vardy

Avg Playing time  55mins...................80 mins

Goal Frequncy     182 mins ..............  216 mins

Shots per game .   1.6 ..................... 1.3

tackles                   0.5 ..................... 0,4

Just saying.

some good stats there. When he first came I always felt his price tag got him in the team. He did get a few goals the champions league he actually looked quality. Then came the league, always appeared to be injured every other week. I never once said anything about being better than Vardy though I am mainly questioning his attitude 

What I would like to know is how many of those were on target though and a comparison with this season which would show a huge decline

As I say he won’t be going anywhere so we have to get behind him, try give him some confidence, I just hope he drastically improves 

?

40 minutes ago, Mark - Reading said:

some good stats there. When he first came I always felt his price tag got him in the team. He did get a few goals the champions league he actually looked quality. Then came the league, always appeared to be injured every other week. I never once said anything about being better than Vardy though I am mainly questioning his attitude 

What I would like to know is how many of those were on target though and a comparison with this season which would show a huge decline

As I say he won’t be going anywhere so we have to get behind him, try give him some confidence, I just hope he drastically improves 

?

I’ll be amazed if he stays. Puel clearly doesn’t want him. If he’s not sold I bet he’ll be loaned out again. Same with Ulloa.

17 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I’ll be amazed if he stays. Puel clearly doesn’t want him. If he’s not sold I bet he’ll be loaned out again. Same with Ulloa.

You may be right but unless we take a huge hit on the £28m I think we will be stuck with him. Dunno how true it was but I seen a quote that we want £20m for him which will never happen 

a loan would be ok but would we would pay some of his wages and then ya sorta think well might as well have him here then to use. It’s a tough one I can understand both sides 

2 hours ago, Mark - Reading said:

scapegoat.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark - Reading said:

?

Sorry didnt mean to imply you had... It seems to me that Vardy (bless his little cotton socks) is held  up as a key to our success and Slim who in some areas out performed him is blamed for pretty much anything, and then is accused of being a negative influence when ive not seen anything from the club or his behaviour that suggests that.

I think his biggest problem is, that he cost $29 million and Vardy stayed.

I expect he will go, I think we will get 15-20 million but thats still a big loss and we still dont have a back up plan for when Vards isnt the answer

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Sorry didnt mean to imply you had... It seems to me that Vardy (bless his little cotton socks) is held  up as a key to our success and Slim who in some areas out performed him is blamed for pretty much anything, and then is accused of being a negative influence when ive not seen anything from the club or his behaviour that suggests that.

I think his biggest problem is, that he cost $29 million and Vardy stayed.

I expect he will go, I think we will get 15-20 million but thats still a big loss and we still dont have a back up plan for when Vards isnt the answer

Stick Iborra up there

• 2 weeks later...