Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Slimani - Wants to leave

I actually would like to see Slimani stay.

He won’t though, because I doubt he’s happy with the lack of game time. Would be good to retain three quality no 9s in Vardy, Iheanacho and Slimani. You just can’t keep them all happy.

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 2

If Mahrez is staying we have to keep hold of his good friend also (perhaps if we sold them as a pair we'd get better value).

Not sure that we've ever seen him in a fully fit state, hopefully he'll turn out to be as good as we thought he was should he hang around....but Leo must surely go now.

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

If Mahrez is staying we have to keep hold of his good friend also (perhaps if we sold them as a pair we'd get better value).

Not sure that we've ever seen him in a fully fit state, hopefully he'll turn out to be as good as we thought he was should he hang around....but Leo must surely go now.

:crylaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe him and his agent have realised that he can't have the wages we pay him PLUS game time elsewhere, so it's a choice of lowering his wages for game time OR staying put and fighting for a place and accepting not being a starter. Money talks! 

It's difficult trying to put aside his transfer fee, but we can't change that now, and there are definitely some positives to having the quality of Slimani as a back-up/Plan B.

3 hours ago, STUHILL said:

A great plan B striker but wages and sulking potential would be huge! lol

2 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Errrrrr yuk!!

3 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Really don’t think Slim has been given a chance to shine. The guy has goals in him for sure. If he is unhappy though I’d let him go. 

Fair comments from all (some more than others ?) but it's clear he doesn't want to be a plan b and hasn't been very good at it for us.

As a target man, well he's just not much of one, but Andy Carroll certainly is. I wouldn't be averse to it.

20 minutes ago, teblin said:

Didn't have to did he? Wasn't he involved in internationals?

1 minute ago, sphericalfox said:

he didn't return, or it was agreed he didn't have to?

I was just told he wasn't there. Might be something nefarious, might just have been given extra time off, I don't know.

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I was just told he wasn't there. Might be something nefarious, might just have been given extra time off, I don't know.

Keep up Geoff. We all know he wasn’t there last week!

Got any interesting inside knowledge on transfer targets?

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Got any interesting inside knowledge on transfer targets?

Journalists always find out or get fed interesting inside knowledge on transfers.

Sadly you can't always back them up and/or are allowed to say stuff publicly.

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Journalists always find out or get fed interesting inside knowledge on transfers.

Sadly you can't always back them up and/or are allowed to say stuff publicly.

Thought so, you lucky bleeders.

ok, can you answer this - have you heard of any other right wingers we may be after, to replace Mahrez, which haven’t been mentioned in the titles of other threads on this forum? If so, are they exciting links?

(then I’ll leave you alone. Promise!)

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Rumour has it he didn't return to training last week.

Was with the Algerian squad so agreed that he didn't have to come back last week.

Rumour has it that Vardy didn't return to training last week either.