Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Slimani - Wants to leave

5 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

I'm pretty sure we agreed to pay a fee which could rise to E (you can tell how old my keyboard is!) 30m, a little under £28m, which was the figure widely reported at the time. Since then the figures of £29m & £30m have slipped into usage but not for any reasons based on fact. If I had to guess, it'd be that we paid E25M (£22.4m) and the add ons haven't been triggered.

If I'm right, and I'm only reading between the lines here, then Ian's our record signing.

BTW, I'd rather we take £12-18m for Slim than loan him out - what'll he be worth a year older?

The exact fees and potential add-ons had to be released the day of the transfer by Sporting to the public domain as they are listed on the Portuguese stock market. Can't be bothered to find the pdf but my recollection is that it was 30m euro up front with a potential further 5m euro in add-ons. 

• Like 1

With Mahrez gone, I think Slimani can strive. I feel that the reason that the Leicester system did not suit Slimani is because the entire game was based on the Mahrez-Vardy partnership. With mahrez gone, maybe its time to think of a new plan to fit both Vardy and Slimani in the pitch. 

Edited by Redouane
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Get him on the bench. He loves it there.

Are you speaking from personal experience?

Reckon, with us having a decent set-piece taker now in Maddison, that he could be given an opportunity at some point in the game where set-piecd situations could be vital.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

9 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Maybe I'm mental but I still think he could be a good option for us if we play to his strengths. The trouble is, we don't and we never really have which makes his signing a curious one. £29m club record fee for the guy and we don't seem to have thought about a system he could thrive in.

True but maybe we now have attacking full backs we may actually be able to get some crosses in for him. 

• Like 1

I’ve never been a big fan of Slim. He’s clumsy.

But I can’t for the life of me ever understand why we paid a record amount for a striker and then rarely played to his strengths.

You know what you get with Slimani. Moods, not much pace, poor first touch... but give him

a sniff and he’ll score. You have to

play to his abilities if you play him at all.

• Like 1

Just now, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

You mean when Slimani was in Newcastle? 

2 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

I heard a rumour (have no idea if it's true) that Slimani punched Vardy towards the end of last season and Vardy is stalling over a new contract until Slimani is moved on!

Your thinking of Stan the man and Tricky Trev

Slimani was the biggest waste of money I have seen. He’s a target man who can’t win a header. His first touch is awful and he’s a moody sod. Get rid and get somebody in who can be a plan B to Vardy effectively.

On 22/07/2018 at 20:46, Col city fan said:

I’ve never been a big fan of Slim. He’s clumsy.

But I can’t for the life of me ever understand why we paid a record amount for a striker and then rarely played to his strengths.

You know what you get with Slimani. Moods, not much pace, poor first touch... but give him

a sniff and he’ll score. You have to

play to his abilities if you play him at all.

That wasn't always the case though, look at his World Cup and Sporting highlights.

Maybe all the money satisfied his hunger, because he has truly declined since joining Leicester.