Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Slimani - Wants to leave

54 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Utterly amazing the Ranieri of 2015/16 to the Ranieri a year after.

What might have been eh if we could have kept Kante and had a brilliant transfer window? I thought if we could buy three top class players to replace Simpson, Albrighton and Okazaki we could have kicked on. In hindsight we should have bought:

Salah from Roma £30m

Sidibe from Lille £13.5m

Dembele from Rennes for £25m

And lined up like this for the Hull away match. :wub:

Vardy

Dembele    Salah    Mahrez

Kante   Drinkwater

Fuchs Huth Morgan Sidibe

Schmeichel

But I digress :angry:

I doubt that Shakey woulve made much use of Salah lol

Who knows, if Slimani went to a team where his abilities wouldve been capitalized, he could've had an amazing season like Salah.. Just like he had in Sporting. 

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

What might have been eh if we could have kept Kante and had a brilliant transfer window? I thought if we could buy three top class players to replace Simpson, Albrighton and Okazaki we could have kicked on. In hindsight we should have bought:

Salah from Roma £30m

Sidibe from Lille £13.5m

Vardy

Kante   Drinkwater

Fuchs Huth Morgan Sidibe

Schmeichel

Always said Timo Werner too. Went to newly promoted Leipzig for £8.5mil.

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

Salah from Roma £30m

Sidibe from Lille £13.5m

Vardy

Kante   Drinkwater

Fuchs Huth Morgan Sidibe

Schmeichel

I know youve said what could have been and I’m not getting at you directly but I always see a lot of posts saying we missed the boat after winning the league or if we’d signed better players and how the club missed a huge opportunity etc etc . But do you think any of them players would actually have come here . I see it time and time again people saying when we won the league we should have signed so and so and our recruiting was poor to which I agree In the recruitment side we signed some shockers  . But I also look at the bigger picture , us winning the league was a one off the whole world knows it so I’m pretty sure football players knew it . If your a top player and two teams come in for you one had just won the league and won’t again and will probably only be in the champions league for a short time and only one season or a side that regularly finish in the top six and gets European football / champions league who would you sign for . I’m sure we tried to sign better players but the sad truth of the matter is  they just probably  didn’t want to come as they new it was a one off . Even our own players like Kante knew it ,he couldnt leave quick enough as he knew Chelsea who were not in Europe at the time was the better option for winning things . 

Edited by baldeagle

Still think this guy is a talent and would score a hatful in a system that suited him but sadly ours' doesn't so it's best he moves on. 

Another player brought in for big money without any real consideration of how or where he fits into the side.

46 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

Really can't understand why Newcastle don't want him? 

Probably because he was unfit , shite and when he messed up with that 3 match ban when in the shop window they prob thought, nah not for us at that money 

• Like 1

https://www.clubcall.com/premier-league/leicester-city/saudi-club-target-foxes-flop.html

Saudi Arabian club Al-Hilal are reportedly set to join the chase to sign Leicester City flop Islam Slimani this summer.

Reports on the Arabian peninsula claim the two-time Saudi champions will target the Algeria international once they complete a deal to take on Jorge Jesus as their new coach.

The Sporting Club boss, who was attacked by his own side’s fans and suspended by the club president in May, is rumoured to be on his way to Al-Hilal.

Jesus knows all about the qualities of Slimani from their time together in the Portuguese capital and is often credited with helping the 29-year-old realise his potential, which saw Leicester fork out a club-record £28million for him in 2016.

Slimani, who has also been linked to Fenerbahce, was sent on loan to Newcastle last season and is generally thought to be available for a transfer again this summer.

He featured in Algeria’s shock 3-2 home defeat to Cape Verde on Friday – a match which Riyad Mahrez started.

1 hour ago, lcfcnsk said:

https://www.clubcall.com/premier-league/leicester-city/saudi-club-target-foxes-flop.html

Saudi Arabian club Al-Hilal are reportedly set to join the chase to sign Leicester City flop Islam Slimani this summer.

Reports on the Arabian peninsula claim the two-time Saudi champions will target the Algeria international once they complete a deal to take on Jorge Jesus as their new coach.

The Sporting Club boss, who was attacked by his own side’s fans and suspended by the club president in May, is rumoured to be on his way to Al-Hilal.

Jesus knows all about the qualities of Slimani from their time together in the Portuguese capital and is often credited with helping the 29-year-old realise his potential, which saw Leicester fork out a club-record £28million for him in 2016.

Slimani, who has also been linked to Fenerbahce, was sent on loan to Newcastle last season and is generally thought to be available for a transfer again this summer.

He featured in Algeria’s shock 3-2 home defeat to Cape Verde on Friday – a match which Riyad Mahrez started.

Algeria really don’t gel well as a team do they lol 

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Algeria really don’t gel well as a team do they lol 

TBF they must have hit the post about 5 times, and missed several open goals. Also the opposition keeper had a good game from the highlights I saw.

Where the hell is Cape Verde?

16 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

TBF they must have hit the post about 5 times, and missed several open goals. Also the opposition keeper had a good game from the highlights I saw.

Where the hell is Cape Verde?

Dunno, but I reckon it's green. 

On 24/05/2018 at 19:52, Gerard said:

According to Uptheleaguefox it appears Ranieri wanted him and sod the cost and I suppose after the season we just had he was obliged.

It was doomed to failure from the start, he was never going to replace Vardy and he was no No10. I think we probably got him to replace Okazaki as he was a grafter who could score goals and was a threat in the air but it soon became apparent that he wasn't a No10 and couldn't play alongside Vardy. Awful business by us but Slimani was a casualty in this hair brained thinking too. It has  the hallmarks of an impulse buy as IIRC he had a release clause that was about £6m cheaper a few weeks before which we never triggered. 

.....the talk at the end of the title winning season was of Vardy going to Arsenal. This played out until the end of the summer transfer window. As we were on the verge of losing our talisman we were looking for a replacement. We bought Slimani in and Vardy decided to stay, they could not gel as a partnership and left Slimani in a situation of how to fit into a team which was not set up to accommodate him unless he played as the main forward. 

We clearly paid over the odds, but was desperate to secure his signature as it appeared Vardy was about to walk out the door. 

There is no point for him to try to impress the manager in order to stay here, he just does not fit and the sooner we release him the better for both parties concerned. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....the talk at the end of the title winning season was of Vardy going to Arsenal. This played out until the end of the summer transfer window. As we were on the verge of losing our talisman we were looking for a replacement. We bought Slimani in and Vardy decided to stay, they could not gel as a partnership and left Slimani in a situation of how to fit into a team which was not set up to accommodate him unless he played as the main forward. 

We clearly paid over the odds, but was desperate to secure his signature as it appeared Vardy was about to walk out the door. 

There is no point for him to try to impress the manager in order to stay here, he just does not fit and the sooner we release him the better for both parties concerned. 

Wasn't he signed on deadline day?  Hence the over payment after some genius missed his release clause expiry.  Sporting must have thought it was Christmas.

In other words, we knew Vardy was staying when we signed Slim.  I like your attempt to make sense of it, but it doesn't bear scrutiny.

Edited by murphy