Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Slimani - Wants to leave

4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Ranieri wanted to push the boat out on Slimani and we ended up paying about double what he was probably worth. Love Claudio but blimey he didn't half tarnish his legacy in that second season with this and many other things.

Not sure he was being touted about for 15m at the time

Hindsight's a wonderful thing

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/516487/Tottenham-transfer-news-Algeria-Islam-Slimani-Leicester

https://readwestbrom.com/2016/08/16/west-brom-steal-march-crystal-palace-slimani-race/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3741563/Chelsea-weigh-Torino-defender-Nikola-Maksimovic-Antonio-Conte-grows-frustrated-Kalidou-Koulibaly-stalemate.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Edited by HankMarvin

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

So it really has turned out that, despite crazy protestation, Slimani looks to be one of City’s worst ever signings, in terms of value for money.

And now he doesn’t even want to stay and fight for his place.

That summer after we won the league was a dreadful transfer window.

I’m afraid, as a club, we fooked up good and proper when we were in such a strong position to develop a super squad.

Bloody shame isn’t it.

You all want to ditch him, fans gave him hell while he was on the pitch, we'll never play a style that suits him and he has now to fight for his place?

Are you for real?

15 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

which came from your own imagination or you do have a reliable source?

I completely made it up - numpty.

i don’t waste my time posting rubbish - believe it or not I don’t care but I know it’s true

Seems like we should just cut our losses and get rid, doesn't look like he wants to fight for a place and expects to start games.

Looking back at pictures from S. Lisbon days compared to this season he looks about twice the size as well.

Slim is someone who in the right team you could see how he does well,  Musa on the other hand....

he’s been loaned out, hardly plays and we play a style that doesn’t suit him.  Palace would see a good fit to me.   If we get a good chunk of the fee back then I’d see without hesitation 

9 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

You all want to ditch him, fans gave him hell while he was on the pitch, we'll never play a style that suits him and he has now to fight for his place?

Are you for real?

Yes, of course. His attitude seems to stink.

A lot of people saying for him to go to Palace. Just imagine him and Benteke up front, and them swinging in crosses all day like some sort of modern day Wimbledon.... or West Brom under Pulis... :ph34r:

Slim never fitted our style of play as he cannot run that fast there is no way he can go around or through defenders. His game is corners and we know how good we are at those, at free kicks and we know how good we are at those and crosses in from the wing after a wing back (Simpson we are talking here) devastating cross into the box. So on every count he never had a chance.

Edited by Bazly

20 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Sporting will probably need him as half there squad want out after the past couple weeks 

I'd swap for Bas Dost tbf