Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Slimani - Wants to leave

24 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

What about Maguire? If not he must be off #nitk

"So anyway they rung me up and asked me why I'd missed training and I said I'm on holiday. They said prove it. So I said stick the telly on and they said 'have another week off son you've earned it'. I said no problem. It's my job"

DhlT9-iWkAAru7k.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, teblin said:

Didn't have to did he? Wasn't he involved in internationals?

The last friendly was in early June, so about one month is enough of summer holidays, don‘t you think?

Besides, at some point, every footballer I know wants to start training again, you can‘t afford to let it slide and they‘re all hooked on the sport, anyway.

Edited by MC Prussian

8 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Isn’t he one of those who have an extension due to internationals?

Extension was meant to finish earlier this week, Mahrez needed special permission to not go to France

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest seanfox778

Sporting want him back apparently. I prefer him to Leo but I don't think he's going to be happy sitting on the bench again. 

Screenshot_20180721-224725_Sky Sports.jpg

It's sickening to think that we gave them £29m two years a go and they play the poor club routine and offer to take him on loan because they claim they can't afford him.

After stitching us up on the Silva deal when they asked for more money in the last hour after agreeing a deal I'd be telling them to go whistle if they want a favour from us.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

It's sickening to think that we gave them £29m two years a go and they play the poor club routine and offer to take him on loan because they claim they can't afford him.

After stitching us up on the Silva deal when they asked for more money in the last hour after agreeing a deal I'd be telling them to go whistle if they want a favour from us.

I thought he would be better than he was, with pace, control and power, plus a nice finish but seems none of that was really shown here 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I thought he would be better than he was, with pace, control and power, plus a nice finish but seems none of that was really shown here 

Never really had a chance from the start as he was bought as a round peg to fit in a square hole.

We never done our homework on him and it's cost us a fortune, he was an impulse buy. We bought him to play the Okazaki role as he's a grafter and thought he would be an upgrade on Shinji because he was a better finisher and strong in the air. 

It was doomed to failure before it had begun as he was never getting ahead of Vardy. Typical of a lot of our transfer business as we acted in haste to repent at leisure.

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Tbh they actually are a bit poor now having lost half their team for free (fighting for compensation could take years) and having given a few of the quitters improved contracts to rejoin them. Not sure why they need Slim back though, Bas Dost has already rejoined them.

I suppose it would be a last ditch option simply to get the wage bill down if we've got no takers.

7 hours ago, Gerard said:

Never really had a chance from the start as he was bought as a round peg to fit in a square hole.

We never done our homework on him and it's cost us a fortune, he was an impulse buy. We bought him to play the Okazaki role as he's a grafter and thought he would be an upgrade on Shinji because he was a better finisher and strong in the air. 

It was doomed to failure before it had begun as he was never getting ahead of Vardy. Typical of a lot of our transfer business as we acted in haste to repent at leisure.

He wasn`t an impulse buy though. We had been scouting him for at least a couple of years before we bought him. 

We were considering buying him at the start of the great escape season, but Steve Walsh felt that the price was too high.

Walsh rated him, but not for the price they wanted.

He certainly wasn`t a impulse buy, we knew what we were getting before we bought him.

If he goes to a club that plays to his strength and gives him the right service, then he will score plenty of goals, but he isn`t going to get the sort of service he thrives on here, which is probably why it might be better for both him and the club to go separate ways.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

He wasn`t an impulse buy though. We had been scouting him for at least a couple of years before we bought him. 

We were considering buying him at the start of the great escape season, but Steve Walsh felt that the price was too high.

Walsh rated him, but not for the price they wanted.

He certainly wasn`t a impulse buy, we knew what we were getting before we bought him.

If he goes to a club that plays to his strength and gives him the right service, then he will score plenty of goals, but he isn`t going to get the sort of service he thrives on here, which is probably why it might be better for both him and the club to go separate ways.

We'd looked at him for a couple of years under Walsh but although he quite liked him he thought he was overpriced.

That summer we bought him we could have had bought him for £23m as his release clause was valid until a certain date but we decided against it. Near the end of the window we panicked and paid £29m when we could have had him £6m cheaper a few weeks before so it was an impulse buy.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

We'd looked at him for a couple of years under Walsh but although he quite liked him he thought he was overpriced.

That summer we bought him we could have had bought him for £23m as his release clause was valid until a certain date but we decided against it. Near the end of the window we panicked and paid £29m when we could have had him £6m cheaper a few weeks before so it was an impulse buy.

Panic buy yes impulse no. We had been watching him. But not at the sporting price. As we watched Silva and Musa. All good players but not at the price we paid. We have been had over and over paid on them 3 by £50m. Take that off none of them are bad buys.

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

I'm pretty sure we agreed to pay a fee which could rise to E (you can tell how old my keyboard is!) 30m, a little under £28m, which was the figure widely reported at the time. Since then the figures of £29m & £30m have slipped into usage but not for any reasons based on fact. If I had to guess, it'd be that we paid E25M (£22.4m) and the add ons haven't been triggered.

If I'm right, and I'm only reading between the lines here, then Ian's our record signing.

BTW, I'd rather we take £12-18m for Slim than loan him out - what'll he be worth a year older?

On 09/07/2018 at 21:49, urban.spaceman said:

"So anyway they rung me up and asked me why I'd missed training and I said I'm on holiday. They said prove it. So I said stick the telly on and they said 'have another week off son you've earned it'. I said no problem. It's my job"

DhlT9-iWkAAru7k.jpg

What’s the woman on Harry slab heads left doing, eating bogeys? 

Maybe I'm mental but I still think he could be a good option for us if we play to his strengths. The trouble is, we don't and we never really have which makes his signing a curious one. £29m club record fee for the guy and we don't seem to have thought about a system he could thrive in.

• Like 2