Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Slimani - Wants to leave

I'd rather him stay here than go to Sporting Lisbon on loan as they'll plead poverty and can't afford to buy him. 

There's a pattern emerging now not just with us but most PL teams that we buy expensive players who turn out to be flops for their respective teams and there is no market to sell them on. Everyone wants to loan and not buy players who cost huge money. If we tried to raise some money the only players we could shift are the ones we wanted to keep.

• Like 1

Like with Musa, the club should let him leave sooner rather than later - even at a small financial loss as possible.

Considering he hasn't appeared to want to play for the club, it seems, and his age as well.

Best chance with Slimani is either a Prem team taking a chance and stumping up the money, or a move to China or the Middle East where the fee and wages will satisfy both club and player. I think he'll be off, but of the players likely to leave - bar Mahrez - he is the one most likely to raise a high fee.

Edited by LCCFox96

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-insisting-transfer-done-e15-20m-holding-ground/

Every day the Portuguese press bring updates on Sporting’s chase for Islam Slimani, it’s reiterated how hard the transfer is going to be.

This Friday, the problem reported is that the Foxes aren’t keen on letting the Algerian international leave on a simple loan deal. It’s newspaper Record who writes it, claiming that even though Leicester City don’t count on Slimani for the season, he’s only moving on a permanent transfer or a loan with an obligatory buying option.

The newspaper claims that the Foxes are looking to make between €15m and €20m with the sale, and there are English and Chinese clubs who are getting close to that price already.

Sporting now hope that Slimani’s wish to return to Lisbon could weigh on his future, but this possibility would only happen in case none of the interested clubs get to an agreement with Leicester.

The newspaper expects the saga to be dragged ‘until the end of the transfer market’, and that ruins Bruno de Carvalho’s hopes of announcing a deal early.

On 22/05/2018 at 10:44, kingfox said:

Just like Dragovic, Puel has also killed Slimani's Leicester career.

A lot of fans seem to be forgetting how good he was at times last season, our best player in Pre Season, was our best player throughout our League Cup run and in his last league game against Huddersfield, he came out like a man possessed for the second half and absolutely destroyed them, a performance that deserved to see him carry on as a Leicester City player.

The disrespect towards him in this thread is fvcking embarrassing.

This is the problem I see alot here on this forum.

A player has a "single" good game so suddenly he should start.

Or plays well in cup games so should start league games.

WE also invested in nacho, we have 2 strikers in our formation, swapping vardy for slim would be madness, nacho is younger so gets the nod for future potential, grooming into team etc, although certainly early on I was not happy with nacho, he is starting to look a bit more useful for us now.

The question then is if slim is happy to be a sub, and the answer seems no.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Bert said:

Just updated his profile picture on his Facebook page to him in a Leicester shirt. Interesting. 

He is still a decent plan B - i.e throw him on for 15-20mins and overload the box with crosses, but I'm not sure he would be content with that and nor should we really. I'm all for having a squad full of decent players. but even I can accept that he cost too much for that kind of role in the squad. 

Perhaps, this is just a case of not much interest in him and/or not willing to pay anything near what we want for him, so it has been decided he adds enough value to be our plan B striker for the next 6/12 months, rather than how little we would get back in a fee/wages saved etc.

Vardy, Iheanacho, Slimani to fight it out for the more than likely ONE striking role. I'd still prefer if Slimani moved on at this point, but he is still a very good finisher who would still get important goals for us if he stayed, so if no one wants him or wants to pay anything near what we want, then I can see why he may be staying... for now anyway! 

• Like 1

If he's happy being a 'speciality' player who only sees bits and pieces of game time, i'd have him. 

As far as his fee goes, it's too much but no one is willing to pay what we did so move on and see if he can earn his fee on important goals. 

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

If he's happy being a 'speciality' player who only sees bits and pieces of game time, i'd have him. 

As far as his fee goes, it's too much but no one is willing to pay what we did so move on and see if he can earn his fee on important goals. 

If her manages to score 8-10 goals in the league and cup games and genuinely performs well until January, then that fee could rise, especially with Prem teams likely on the hunt for a proven goal scorer. I think that's exactly what happened with the Newcastle thing, but obviously he blew that.

We're unlikely to ever get back close to what we paid for him, but I am starting to see reasons why keeping him as 3rd choice striker, wouldn't be the worst idea - especially if he is OK with that role for now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

If her manages to score 8-10 goals in the league and cup games and genuinely performs well until January, then that fee could rise, especially with Prem teams likely on the hunt for a proven goal scorer. I think that's exactly what happened with the Newcastle thing, but obviously he blew that.

We're unlikely to ever get back close to what we paid for him, but I am starting to see reasons why keeping him as 3rd choice striker, wouldn't be the worst idea - especially if he is OK with that role for now.

Completely agree, dude. 

Been saying we need to sign that type of player as a plan B but when you look around potential targets, who would be cost effective and happy being 3rd choice that's actually half decent? Anyone better than Slim cuz I can't think of them..... 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He’d have pulled out the England squad if it was that bad 

Not necessarily. Players often put off having ops and Vardy wont want to leave his 1st and last world cup early. Of course its all speculation and none of us know how bad it is. But even still, can vardy play 90 minutes for 38 games at the rate he plays at now he's heading towards 32? I think both Kelechi and Slim could get some decent game time. I think these 2 can offer more than Okazaki now. I would like to see 1 of them play alongside Vardy against bottom half teams, especially at home. I don't think Slim and Vardy have played together enough to actually work out if they can form a partnership.

To be fair he's the best "flop" we've had. Any player not playing regularly or just coming on as a sub will struggle. We overpaid for him no doubt but that's not his mistake. That said, with his age if we get a decent offer should accept. We need young and hungry players trying to force their way in that are not starting and he will not be a starter for us as long as Vardy is fit and here. 

• Like 1