Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WoodyFox

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

It's a ridiculous rumor which makes no sense whatsoever. Can't believe some people are buying into it.

It's so ridiculous that a manager may be replaced in June that it might have some legs to it.

How often does a manager get sacked between seasons and one month after the last game? Can anyone think of any other examples?

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's so ridiculous that a manager may be replaced in June that it might have some legs to it.

How often does a manager get sacked between seasons and one month after the last game? Can anyone think of any other examples?

Nigel Pearson? lol

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Yes, Claude Puel was sacked by Southampton on June the 14th last year.

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Then let the circus go on then. I firmly believe it would be a mistake.

Whatever happened to integrity in this sport and indeed our club? Why can't football clubs be honest with fans , their staff and indeed themselves?

They gave Puel a "vote of confidence" during that dismal end of season run, questionable as it was to support him back then. They then appear to have backed and supported him in some form, and then they go waltzing off talking to other managers about a possible vacancy.

All this, is of course, if the rumours are true. It kind of says that we're rudderless at the top, poor with the overall direction of the club and our news messages while increasingly losing the respect that we seemed to have back in the Ranieri and even Nigel Pearson era.   

3 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

Whatever happened to integrity in this sport and indeed our club? Why can't football clubs be honest with fans , their staff and indeed themselves?

They gave Puel a "vote of confidence" during that dismal end of season run, questionable as it was to support him back then. They then appear to have backed and supported him in some form, and then they go waltzing off talking to other managers about a possible vacancy.

All this, is of course, if the rumours are true. It kind of says that we're rudderless at the top, poor with the overall direction of the club and our news messages while increasingly losing the respect that we seemed to have back in the Ranieri and even Nigel Pearson era.   

The rumours are so not true. They haven’t gone behind our backs and talked to other managers. It’s just idiotic journalists. 

I find it quite amusing that some posters actually see credence to any of it.  

And the sacking of Pearson is a totally different story. AFAIK he was not sacked to bring in a potentially better manager. He was sacked due to his son being a moron. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

The rumours are so not true. They haven’t gone behind our backs and talked to other managers. It’s just idiotic journalists. 

I find it quite amusing that some posters actually see credence to any of it.  

And the sacking of Pearson is a totally different story. AFAIK he was not sacked to bring in a potentially better manager. He was sacked due to his son being a moron. 

Too reasonable, must be a fake account... ;)

That silly bellend from the BBC that stringer interviewed has annoyed me.... I’m sorry, but the Celtic and the Scottish league are not a step ahead of Cardiff, let alone the rest of the league.... the quality is laughable, and the fact they’ve won a double treble means **** all in that league.....

4 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

That silly bellend from the BBC that stringer interviewed has annoyed me.... I’m sorry, but the Celtic and the Scottish league are not a step ahead of Cardiff, let alone the rest of the league.... the quality is laughable, and the fact they’ve won a double treble means **** all in that league.....

Well Celtic are head and shoulders above Cardiff. 

54 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Not sure about that. Their 1st 11 isn't great and it goes down hill after that. They haven't a good enough squad to make the play offs in the Championship Imo, it's hard down there!

I don't even like Celtic, but they always have and always will be a bigger club than Cardiff. They would be able to attract better players as well if they were to be playing here.