Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WoodyFox

Brendan Rodgers

37 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Staying at Celtic is like groundhog season, you don't have to be Nostradamus to predict how Celtic's season will go.

They'll win the SPL at a canter.

They'll win at least one but probably both of the domestic cups.

They'll be out of the Champions League by Christmas and will have done well to be still in the Europa Cup of which a QF spot would be seen as a great success.

At some point that has to be boring for Rodgers and he'll want to fish in deeper waters in the EPL. In today's climate all the EPL teams are bigger than Celtic with bigger budgets and thus can attract better players. No player or manager with ambition and talent wants to stay in the SPL too long.

100% agree but it is the club he supported all his life and that still holds some weight for him no doubt. It's an easy way to stack up the trophy list and rebuild his reputation, which he is doing, even though it is Scottish Football. 

I expect him to stay 1 more season, maybe 2 at a push. He definitely won't be leaving this Summer though unless he completely goes back on his word, which I doubt he will for the Leicester job. 

4 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Google “Being Liverpool” “documentary”.  

The envelope scene, like a lot of the rest of it, was utterly cringeworthy and showed a lack of emotional intelligence and empathy that makes you wonder how his mind works. 

The fact that the “Deluded Brendan” account on Twitter got so much traction tells you a lot.

And then there’s his classic midlife cliche from a few years ago.  He lost some weight, got his gnashers fixed up and left his missus and kids to shack up with a younger blonde married employee of Liverpool who also had a kid, whose deserted husband later killed himself.

So yeah, in the likeability stakes, he ain’t uncle Claudio Ranieri.  

I remember watching this when it was aired week by week. The envelope bit was really strange. He said something along the lines of "the names in here will let me down this season". Like something that David Brent would come out with.

39 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There’s a silly part of me which says wouldn’t it be wonderful to see a) Celtic fans which think they are a superclub and b) our ‘Union Jack and Teddy Bear’ bunch all lose their temper at his appointment.

Option B definitely.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I remember watching this when it was aired week by week. The envelope bit was really strange. He said something along the lines of "the names in here will let me down this season". Like something that David Brent would come out with.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/quiz/2013/apr/02/brendan-rodgers-david-brent-quotes-quiz

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Had Gerrard not gone to Rangers I could see Rodgers being tempted but he'll want a year or two against him. 

Liverpool fan here, only came on here to see how you guys reacted to this rumour. Personally I like him as a manager, but he still has ways to go before he can or should come back to the league. As for this statement, I would think the reason that Gerrard came to Rangers would be the reason why Rodgers might look to leave. Rangers seem to be backing Gerrard in the market, while Rodgers has had his stock go up a lot after winning 2 double trebles there. If he loses to Rangers now, especially while they are managed by Gerrard, the media will point out that he has been found out and was never a good manager. One loss to Rangers under an inexperienced (and also his former player) manager could destroy the entire reputation he has built over his time there. He already has a legacy to preserve there and can save it by just walking away. Having said that, if he does walk away because of that, then he doesn't look like the manager who would be upto the challenge of bringing you guys back into the european places. 

Edited by yushi
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, davieG said:

Our problems at this time relate mostly to the structure/make up of the team and the imminent loss of Mahrez which ever manager we have needs to resolve and it wont be easy. Changing managers in itself is not the solution even if you could guarantee Rodgers would be successful which you can't.

All this talk of managerial changes does nothing to improve our recruitment or any success we might achieve next season.

If the club are seriously thinking if ditching Puel at this time, and I'm not convinced then I really think they have lost the plot not because of any change but because of the timing and the inevitable uncertainty it causes.

It's starting to feel like we're back in the Mandaric era and that is one scary thought.

Same here. The ship has sailed for me. Give Puel some time.