BREAKING: Spain have sacked manager Julen Lopetegui with immediate effect on the eve of the World Cup after the Spaniard apparently made "secret agreements" with Real Madrid to be their new manager!

That is mental.

Not only have Real Madrid appointed a man way below their standards but they've hijacked any real opportunity of their national side doing anything this summer.

Spanish Real players must be seething.

• Like 1

Nothing confirmed yet, they'll probably bottle it. This geezer almost ended up at Wolves and now thinks he's billy big bollocks because he got Spain to a World Cup :revenge:

Absolutely mental. 

He's ****ed Spain over by signing a long term contract (last year?) and now agrees to take over Real just before the tournament starts. 

Apparently all the Real players knew before this furore started, and to avoid any rumours and tension in the squad, Real and Spain decided to make it public. 

This properly screws Spain over for this tournament. They were one of the faves. 

What an absolute plonker. He’s shown an appalling lack of professionalism and respect for the project he’s undertaking currently. Not just any old job either, probably the dream job for any Spaniard, even more so than the Real Madrid job. And only a few days before their first World Cup match. Absolute madness.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Absolutely mental. 

He's ****ed Spain over by signing a long term contract (last year?) and now agrees to take over Real just before the tournament starts. 

Apparently all the Real players knew before this furore started, and to avoid any rumours and tension in the squad, Real and Spain decided to make it public. 

This properly screws Spain over for this tournament. They were one of the faves. 

Surely this suggests that the Spanish FA did not agree to this... ?

I initially thought it was a ploy by Real to mess with Ronaldo before Spains opening game against Portugal.

12 minutes ago, shen said:

Surely this suggests that the Spanish FA did not agree to this... ?

I initially thought it was a ploy by Real to mess with Ronaldo before Spains opening game against Portugal.

Yeah apparently Real didn't even liaise or communicate with the FA. They just went straight to Lopetegui. 

Who cares really. It's all about England for me. Anything that puts another big nation off is all good imo.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Who cares really. It's all about England for me. Anything that puts another big nation off is all good imo.

All that take a general interest in the WC or don't support England :dunno:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, shen said:

All that take a general interest in the WC or don't support England :dunno:

I can bet five lots of fans are thinking great happy days if this is true.

Sacking your manager the day before the World Cup starts, absolutely madness.

Edited by Beechey

37 minutes ago, Adam. said:

Marca reporting he's staying on. Not sure where you've read this.

It’s all over the news as breaking news :huh: 

Crazy stuff :facepalm:  Had them as winners as well can't see that happening now.  Gunna have to change my prediction to Brazil me thinks 

Just give it Sergio Ramos and watch him mastermind a world cup victory via every form of shithousery you can imagine 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

Just give it Sergio Ramos and watch him mastermind a world cup victory via every form of shithousery you can imagine 

So true!

If there's a team at the tournament who don't actually need a manager it's Spain. Don't think this will hurt their chances much, if at all.