Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Musaaaa

I’m not sure why exactly he’s struggled to adapt to the prem. He’s got the pace so that’s not an issue, despite his relatively small frame he’s not weak and from the goals we’ve seen he has technical ability. Playing out of position is probably a fair excuse on his part although I’d still expect to have seen more magic moments from him.

I’d like to think he could turn it around here but it seems unlikely. Maybe his World Cup performance/s could drive his price up a touch

3 hours ago, Marutimon said:

Would Gray score either of those two goals though? I say no. Say what you want, but Musa is better.

Another far-fetched comparison. The nerve!

Musa is „better“, because he‘s a striker, not a winger and because he‘s a full Nigerian international with loads more experience in comparison to Gray.

So glad he makes certain posters appear the fools that they are.

Always put 100% effort in for us and didn't go on strike when he wasn't chosen.

Hope he gets the golden boot and Man city pay £50m for him.

I would rather continue to loan him out than sell him. Whilst vardy is our main striker, he won’t get a proper look in. in two years vards will probably be on his way and musa will be approaching the end of his contract (or at the end of it). We can decide if he is worth a new deal next summer. I wonder if we could find him a premier league loan rather than abroad. We will never know his capabilities in the prem until he gets a good run of games in his favoured position. 

• Like 1

Y'know, I've always remained hopeful that Musa would find his confidence and go on to prove the doubters wrong. That's not to say he doesn't have faults and he's certainly played a few stinkers for us, but there's something there. That's my belief, anyway. Here's to hoping he continues to set the World Cup alight!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FIF said:

Where have I heard this before?  Oh yes, Everton away.  Another false dawn.

So you rate Musa but not Mahrez?  And you call others fools?

Musa was a comedy footballer a couple of days ago, a brace against the mighty Iceland and now he's a world beater by the look of some of these posts.

The truth is somewhere in between but he has failed here.  I don't rate him one bit and one game won't change that.  He can't even get on the bench and he has been overlooked by three successive managers that see him week in week out.  When he has played his touch , control and technique has been awful.  The best we can hope for is that someone takes a punt on him on the strength of scoring at The World Cup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

Where have I heard this before?  Oh yes, Everton away.  Another false dawn.

So you rate Musa but not Mahrez?  And you call others fools?

for a usually intelligent poster you've got this wrong.

I rate Mahrez, just not as a world class player, he's an excellent player who doesn't want to play for us and has shown bad spirit with the way he's gone about it. Don't confuse yourself. However this is a musa thread and he isn't as bad as so many FT'ers have made out.

One game against Iceland, a game against Argentina 4 years ago and a preseason game against Barcelona aren't good barometers of a player's ability. His league performances were very underwhelming. Even when played upfront for CSKA he got 61 goals in 180 appearances in the Russian premier league which is obviously not the best, to get the best out of him he needs to be played upfront and he's absolutely nowhere near Vardy in terms of ability.

Cut our losses, get him of the books and forget about him.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, FIF said:

for a usually intelligent poster you've got this wrong.

I rate Mahrez, just not as a world class player, he's an excellent player who doesn't want to play for us and has shown bad spirit with the way he's gone about it. Don't confuse yourself. However this is a musa thread and he isn't as bad as so many FT'ers have made out.

I can't disagree with your assessment of Mahrez but you often don't put it quite so reasonably when you talk about him.  

But as you say, this is a Musa thread, but what I find a bit pathetic really is that it is often those same posters that ridicule Musa who now seem think he is now the second coming.  He's not.  He may not be as bad as he has been made out but still the evidence of my own eyes says that he is pretty poor.

I quoted your comment as it appeared that you were saying if you don't rate Musa you're a fool.  I probably did get that wrong.

20 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

There's always one with the memory of a goldfish, eh lol

EDIT: As others have said, this will hopefully convince some other mugs that he's worth a punt and we can recoup some of that 30m we blew up the wall on him.

Funny you say goldfish and memory then claim we paid £30m for him. Try £16m goldfish.

• Like 2

Sometimes good players just don’t ‘fit’ at certain football clubs. For some reason, LCFC and Musa have never really gelled. I think it’s a combination of factors. Since we signed him, we’ve had different managers. We signed Musa and Slim at about the same time. And of course, Vardy..who we were never going to drop.

They’ve all meant that City and Musa have never been a marriage made in heaven. It doesn’t make him a shite footballer. It’s just not worked for him here.

I personally think Iheanacho will get more of a chance.

12 hours ago, brucey said:

Should we keep Musa over Slimani if we're only needing one spare 9? A like-for-like Vardy replacement or a big lump plan B on the bench?

Or should we get rid of both, presuming Maddison is first choice for the 10 spot and Nacho can be cover for both positions.

Sell them both all day long. Slimani is 30 and isn't first choice, if you can sell 30 year olds who can't make the first XI for good money then get rid whilst you can.

Musa looked like a worldie yesterday. I was really pleased for him as he seems a really down to earth and likeable man. I've seen enough of him though and far too many examples when he's failed to control a ball or his weight of pass has been awful and like watching women's football when the one thing you really notice is the weight of pass is shocking.

Musa has probably reached his peak value now as a Leicester City player so hopefully he plays well against Argentina and we strike whilst the iron is hot and sell. The Musa against Barcelona and Iceland isn't the Musa I know at all.

For those who recall one-and-a-half-hit wonders Electric Six, their frontman Dick Valentine has been doing daily round-ups of the World Cup on Facebook. 

This was his take on Nigeria - Iceland:

So Nigeria beating Iceland 2-0 makes Croatia look all that more unstoppable when you stop and assess. I liked both Iceland and Nigeria and I liked that both these teams liked each other. This game was filled with sportsmanship and positive vibes. And f**k if this result actually resurrected Argentina chances I for real. Zombie Messi must feed. It's sad, but true. Ahmed Musa's gameplan for today's game was clearly to go out there and score goals. For his next game, he will have to negotiate a playing field of 11 undead Argentines.....don't let them touch you, Ahmed!!!!! If they bite you, you have one minute to kill yourself or else you'll be one of them. And playing for Argentina right now is a fate worse than death and undeath combined.

So there you have it.

Edited by bluesbrothers

16 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I mostly agree. My arguement isn't that Musa is brilliant or that he can be a big player for us. I am more than happy to see fans constructively criticising our playere like you just did. I just hate to see fans really getting on a their own players back or mocking and taking the piss especially early on in his time here.

Is Musa going to work out at city? Probably not. Is he a Sunday Leauge player? A competition winner? The worst footballer we have ever had? Like people on here have said? No 100% not anyone who watched today or has half a brain can see he is a decent player with some frightening attributes.

Great post. Think you have settled that little argument!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DrezZone said:

Chelsea fans want Musa now

And Arsenal fans.

Would be funny if he got a big 6 move. particularly if it were our next transfer out.

7 hours ago, MC Prussian said:
Despite some saying we're quick to slate off players, Musa came with an enormous baggage considering the transfer fee we paid for him, had a decent amount of chances in an LCFC shirt and has flattered to deceive ever since we've signed him.

The fee shouldn't have anything to do with how people react to players, does that mean Maddison is going to get slaughtered if he doesn't perform after 7 league starts. Because at the end of the day, that's all Musa got. 755 league minutes in total. With much of his time actually coming in make shift cup teams who'd never kicked a ball on the same pitch in competitive action before.

Nobody can deny there was some terrible play from him, but it was often over stated. Just like it was about Mendy, they'd be huge periods where he was fine, you get one mistake and he became the punch bag of the forum.

He's probably destined to be one of those players that is sublime one minute and ridiculous the next. But I still think he was misused, underused and not really given a fair crack here. Crazy to invest so much in players and discard them so quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

The fee shouldn't have anything to do with how people react to players, does that mean Maddison is going to get slaughtered if he doesn't perform after 7 league starts. Because at the end of the day, that's all Musa got. 755 league minutes in total. With much of his time actually coming in make shift cup teams who'd never kicked a ball on the same pitch in competitive action before.

Nobody can deny there was some terrible play from him, but it was often over stated. Just like it was about Mendy, they'd be huge periods where he was fine, you get one mistake and he became the punch bag of the forum.

He's probably destined to be one of those players that is sublime one minute and ridiculous the next. But I still think he was misused, underused and not really given a fair crack here. Crazy to invest so much in players and discard them so quickly.

At the time of him joining us, we paid a club record of £17m. He showed great skills and composure in the pre-season tour, then faded.

No matter what time you are given, you ought to seize the opportunity. Impress and it in consequence leads to more opportunities. Musa's effort in a Leicester shirt have been terribly skewed at best.

As you well know, the transfer market is going more crazy by the window, which is directly visible by the increasing amount of money paid for players from one year to the other (see Iborra to Sunderland, for instance). The fee has something to do with it, it's all relative.

I can only speak for myself. I had patience for Musa and I may have some more, but at some stage, you have to deliver as a footballer, can't just sit tight on your contract and hold back. How much time will YOU give Musa then? Another season? Does he need a good start to 18-19? Or until January?

I'll have more patience and time for Maddison because of the circumstances and his standing in football. He's got the talent, but he's also several years younger than Musa and playing in a different position. I expect different things from an attacking midfielder than I do from a striker. That should be a given.

And why bring Mendy into it? Lad's been highly unfortunate, not his fault that he got his foot caught in the grass against Arsenal and had to lay off for months, only to be hit with more injuries (or the continuation of said injury).

A fool is someone who thinks great games are only had by great players. Great players sustainability have great games. Musa had a great game yesterday but rarely showed the potential or ability to pull off the first touch or skin the defender like he did yesterday. His performances are volatile. I know, and many of us on here are pointing out, that his lows are very low as well and when he played for us most of the games were poor.

Also being played "out of position" doesn't change your technical ability.

For me, if you're going to ask a player to play out of position, you have to give them time to adapt to that position. Even more so if it's a brand new club were they have to get an understanding of players around them.... If we had gave Musa, 7/8 games in a row at LW or CF, he'd likely have performed better than he did when he got games here and there and brought on for bits and pieces. 

He knows what's demanded from his position in the Nigeria team, he knows the players around him, he's comfortable and it shows. I don't believe we afforded him the time or chance to get comfortable at LCFC.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, FIF said:

$75 million + Roberts or no deal

• Haha 1