Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

8 hours ago, LESTER-JESTER said:

There the original Aryan race.

4 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Fixed that appalling grammar for you. Indeed they are the original Aryan race. Held the Jews captive for a period at some point. The irony is thick - but only if you go back to the 1930’s really, which kind of makes it redundant now. 

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Because we all are, in essence, Iranians.

Utter bullcrap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan

27 minutes ago, Buce said:

I may have made my point rather simplistically, but my point still stands - we all share common ancestors from the same area, be it Africa or the Near East (today's Iraq/Iran).

It all depends on how far back you want to go.

The cultural and linguistic development and mass migration in the Euphrates/Tigris region and what makes today's Iran starting some 6'000 years ago is at the heart of today's Europe.

Farsi is very much related to German, for instance.

So, not really "utter bullcrap", just basic evolution and cultural, historical and linguistic development.

So much for today's history lesson.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Buce said:

Not if you read it properly, no.

Semantics mate. In essence what was said is correct - not quite the bull crap you suggest. Yes there is some linkage into India, but the Indo-Iranian Aryan people are a fact. Not quite sure what your point is to be honest. Wikipedia isn’t the oracle of Delphi or any other oracle for that matter. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Semantics mate. In essence what was said is correct - not quite the bull crap you suggest. Yes there is some linkage into India, but the Indo-Iranian Aryan people are a fact. Not quite sure what your point is to be honest. Wikipedia isn’t the oracle of Delphi or any other oracle for that matter. 

Yeah, this is hijacking the thread, so if you like we could take it over to General Chat.

However, I'll just say that it's not semantics, the very concept of an Aryan Race has long since been dismissed by all serious scholars, and if Wiki isn't enough for you (and I accept it's not a defining source), I could provide you with numerous other sources.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1