Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Belgium vs. England - The race for 3rd spot (14th of July)

5 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Southgate clearly doesn’t like Vardy does he? 

Tbh if I was Vardy I wouldn't go if I ever got asked again. 20 goals for us and had about 50mins game time?

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Tbh if I was Vardy I wouldn't go if I ever got asked again. 20 goals for us and had about 50mins game time?

This. Vardy has no future in the england squad. Clearly they picked him because they had to not because they wanted to. If he cant play in his prime then no chance in the future. 

Although watch southgate sub him on in the 85th amd then people rip vardy for doing nothing 

Just now, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Southgate clearly doesn’t like Vardy does he? 

Of course it sounds like we are biased being City fans, but I've seen more than one occasion this World Cup in which Southgate appeared very distant when acknowledging Vardy during the end of the Colombia and Croatia matches.

The other thing that bothers me is that, as well as Vardy being the 2nd leading, English PL scorer yet being virtually ignored, Southgate knows he is 32 and will almost certainly never play in another major tournament. Seems very bad spirited to not give the guy a decent run out.

• Like 2