Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Belgium vs. England - The race for 3rd spot (14th of July)

4 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

Maguire only England standout, everyone else looking pretty bad, still no midfield with the back three getting exposed regularly. Hesitancy as soon as we get out of our own half, sloppy play. Not good.

Even though Stones just had to block Lukaku one on one because Maguire gave the ball away. They've all been poor imo. Rose looks like he's never played football before and I rekon I could go around Dier.

Just now, Fox92 said:

Even though Stones just had to block Lukaku one on one because Maguire gave the ball away. They've all been poor imo. Rose looks like he's never played football before and I rekon I could go around Dier.

How about Stones clearing the ball straight back out to de Bruyne on the edge of the box. Maguire looked good towards the end of that, coming out to close KDB, dominating Lukaku near the halfway line

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Dier is playing as well as he's capable of playing. It's not his fault we don't have better alternatives.

Though I'm pretty sure he should have been tracking for their goal.

Just now, SpazticChicken said:

How about Stones clearing the ball straight back out to de Bruyne on the edge of the box. Maguire looked good towards the end of that, coming out to close KDB, dominating Lukaku near the halfway line

Not denying that but I don't think we've had a stand out player.

Just shows how the lack of world class players in key areas affects the team.  We've overachieved, even given the fortuitous draw, but we should have no illusions that this is good enough or even on the way to being good enough to repeat at a future major championship.

Just now, Crinklyfox said:

Just shows how the lack of world class players in key areas affects the team.  We've overachieved, even given the fortuitous draw, but we should have no illusions that this is good enough or even on the way to being good enough to repeat at a future major championship.

I don't think we'll repeat this. Too many areas need improving. We've played two decent sides this year and lost both (Belgium group and Croatia).

Right, biased Leicester fan shout here. Get Vardy on for Kane. Kane is absolutely ****ed. He's literally only playing this so that he wins the golden boot. Yet ironically if he goes off, Lukaku will need a hat-trick to beat him to it due to playing less minutes. Give Vardy his chance and get Kane rested.

Guest ttfn

Marcus Rashford now has just 1 fewer England cap than Jamie Vardy despite the facts that:

1) Vardy made his England debut a year earlier. 

2) In the time since Rashford made his England debut, Vardy has scored almost three times as many goals in the Premier League.

3) Rashford has scored less than half the number of goals for England, and only one in a competitive game.

Just now, ttfn said:

Marcus Rashford now has just 1 fewer England cap than Jamie Vardy despite the facts that:

1) Vardy made his England debut a year earlier. 

2) In the time since Rashford made his England debut, Vardy has scored almost three times as many goals in the Premier League.

3) Rashford has scored less than half the number of goals for England, and only one in a competitive game.

Well it just tells you how corrupt it is. It will never change 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Actually i would be more than happy for him not to play and recover 100%, ready to start for us. 

He could still have started this match, played the full 90 and still recover 100% he's been that under used.

Given that Southgate brought Vardy on as the last sub with minutes of extra time to go in a game we were chasing and hasn't had the good spirit to give him a chance at a goal in this match bothers me. But that's just me I guess.