Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Less than a month till the transfer window shuts!

I think with the world cup as a welcome distraction, we'll see a flurry of activity from clubs in the coming weeks.

Last year, Premier League clubs signed a combined total of 148 players - at the moment we're only at 62 for this summer, and have a shorter time to cram in all the transfer activity. 7 clubs have signed 1 player or less so far.

I think we'll bring in 2 more players who will be in the first team squad, and will have shipped out some of the malingerers too. In my opinion, it's not over by a long shot!

more interested in reducing the unneeded than any more signings.

We have a very good squad but too many players.

Of course I'm always happy with any upgrades but they're not a priority.

Think we still need at least one more signing, although who that will be depends on the formation we'll be playing - if we're going 3 at the back we need another CB.  If we're sticking with a back four then we need a creative right winger.

Even then, once it seems we have our transfer business all tied up, someone will go and put in a transfer request the day before the window ends.

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

is this thread necessary?

Is your post necessary? :P

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

We’re three new players short, it’s depressing. 

rollocks. Who are you dropping for these 3 players?

Musa, Slimani and two of James, King and Mendy's wages need to be cleared. We've got the 7th highest wage bill in the league and there's no way we can sustain that.

I think we are one player away from having a really strong starting 11 (Mahrez's spot) but we are maybe 2/3 players from a really strong squad. 

GK. We have a strong starter and decent back up.

RB. We have a strong starter and decent back up.

LB. We have two decent players, one defensive, one who can go forward. 

CB. Two strong starters and a half decent back up in Wes. Possibly add someone else unless we gamble on youth and Amartey. 

CM. We have Ndidi, silva, Iborra and Choudhury, we are fine. 

Wingers. Gray, diabate, Albrighton and a Mahrez replacement should see us ok. 

No.10. Maddison, Barnes and Nacho. Think we are ok. 

No.9. Vardy starts mostly, Nacho can cover him and I reckon maybe we need a target man unless we go with Slim.

Benny, Mendy, king, james, Ulloa, Musa should all be moved on. 

1 hour ago, FIF said:

more interested in reducing the unneeded than any more signings.

We have a very good squad but too many players.

Of course I'm always happy with any upgrades but they're not a priority.

Look at it another way, were we only 3 players short last season of a team good enough to challenge for top 6? Baring in mind we've just a player who scored or created 25 goals. Defensively we were dog shit last season and we've brought in 2 new players but one of them may we'll have to sit on the bench if Puel doesn't dare drop Morgan. Maddison is a superb signing, both he and Pereira ought to improve some of our weakness but I'm concerned in central midfield where we have so many mediocre players, we need to ship at least 3 of them out and would love a better player to partner Ndidi. Can't say I'm happy with Gray, Albrighton and Diabate as our only wingers, there's teams in the Championship with a better selection than that.

• Like 3

After a quick start in the transfer window, we've suddenly slipped off the pace.

As others have said, maybe the World Cup has been a little distraction but we need to move ASAP to get a few more deals done.

For me we need the following:

Another keeper that's happy to play second fiddle to Kasper

Centre back as we only have Evans, Maguire and Wes (Not counting benny as think he'll be gone plus not good enough)

Replacement for Riyad, whoever that may be!

Possibly a centre mid for me to compete with Iborra, Silva and Wilf. King, James and Mendy should be sold and Hamza needs a loan

I'd also sell Kaputska, Elder, Slimani, Musa, Ulloa and Amartey

Edited by chris_lcfc_85

1 hour ago, WilmslowFox said:

Think we still need at least one more signing, although who that will be depends on the formation we'll be playing - if we're going 3 at the back we need another CB.  If we're sticking with a back four then we need a creative right winger.

Even then, once it seems we have our transfer business all tied up, someone will go and put in a transfer request the day before the window ends.

If we go four at the back I still think we need another CB, two if it's five at the back.

56 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I think we are one player away from having a really strong starting 11 (Mahrez's spot) but we are maybe 2/3 players from a really strong squad. 

GK. We have a strong starter and decent back up.

RB. We have a strong starter and decent back up.

LB. We have two decent players, one defensive, one who can go forward. 

CB. Two strong starters and a half decent back up in Wes. Possibly add someone else unless we gamble on youth and Amartey. 

CM. We have Ndidi, silva, Iborra and Choudhury, we are fine. 

Wingers. Gray, diabate, Albrighton and a Mahrez replacement should see us ok. 

No.10. Maddison, Barnes and Nacho. Think we are ok. 

No.9. Vardy starts mostly, Nacho can cover him and I reckon maybe we need a target man unless we go with Slim.

Benny, Mendy, king, james, Ulloa, Musa should all be moved on. 

• Shinji ?? Never forget Shinji :shinji:
  • Like 3

In the past couple of seasons we have signed loads in the transfer windows and everyone was elated, turns out the majority were poor and everyone is peed off. This window we have signed 3 quality players (imho) and I’m elated but most are peed off because we haven’t splashed out on loads of players, we are still stuck with the poor ones from previous windows.... 

Here Endeth the lesson, your welcome....