Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Rachid Ghezzal

13 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Gotta be a better option than Diabate atm

Is he any better than a free Ben Arfa though? 

why does some portion of our fan base have a thing for Ben Arfa? just because he did well at Nice under Puel doesnt mean he would cut it here and in the premier league

at Newcastle he was hit and miss, and he has a massive attitude problem at times.......one bigger than Mahrez, wouldnt want him at LCFC, rather have Townsend and thats  saying something.

On Ghezzal, i think he could be a decent addition to the squad if he does join, not sure if hed be a Mahrez replacement, but at least it would add another creative edge to the squad

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Vichai is obviously very attached to the Algerian Facebook followers and doesn't want to lose them. 

There must always be an Algerian in Leicester. 

The Sweet Prince is dead, long live the Sweet Prince.

8 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Have a friend who is married to a Lyon fan, he said Rachid was a very good player for them. I'm hoping if he does come to us Puel gets the best out of him. 

He was excellent for Lyon for half a season, didn't do much before or after that and most Monaco fans are happy for him to leave their club, as well.

Somewhat overhyped and inconsistent, coupled with a bad attitude. No from me.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

He was excellent for Lyon for half a season, didn't do much before or after that and most Monaco fans are happy for him to leave their club, as well.

Somewhat overhyped and inconsistent, coupled with a bad attitude. No from me.

My only memory of this guy is I'm pretty sure he got sent off in the Derby for fighting with Etienne players, no? 

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

My only memory of this guy is I'm pretty sure he got sent off in the Derby for fighting with Etienne players, no? 

Yep, and that after coming on as a substitute. lol

Also suspended for one more European game if I'm not mistaken - saw red in the Champions League against Porto last December.

Edited by MC Prussian

Hear me out on this one...

Imagine if the day before we confirmed the sale of Mahrez to Man City, we announced the signing of Maddison and Ghezzal (or someone of similar quality) for a combined undisclosed fee.

I think we would all be a lot happier than we are now, with essentially the same potential outcome. Comments?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Hear me out on this one...

Imagine if the day before we confirmed the sale of Mahrez to Man City, we announced the signing of Maddison and Ghezzal (or someone of similar quality) for a combined undisclosed fee.

I think we would all be a lot happier than we are now, with essentially the same potential outcome. Comments?

I think thats a fair statement. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

There are as many prima donnas in rugby as there are in football?

I still disagree.

You can disagree all you want. The fact is there is a massive culture problem in rugby at the moment which includes bullying within the professional set ups, very similar to what Kevin Petersen said regarding the cricket. It goes down all levels of ability and has resulted in many players quitting and getting therapy for depression. This undoubtedly happens in football too but their egos are not quite as macho or intimidating as there is so much more media attention and focus on them. Every rugby team I've played for, the same problem is there. Footballers often get the same labels but most of the time it is unjust and simply because they don't know how to handle the limelight. 

Sorry for the rant, going way off topic. 

Edited by srex9

9 minutes ago, srex9 said:

You can disagree all you want. The fact is there is a massive culture problem in rugby at the moment which includes Bullying with in the professional set ups, very similar to what Kevin Petersen said regarding the cricket. It goes down all levels of ability and has resulted in many players quitting and getting therapy for depression. This undoubtedly happens in football too but their egos are not quite as macho or intimidating as there is so much more media attention and focus on them. Every rugby team I've played for, the same problem is there. Footballers often get the same labels but most of the time it is unjust and simply because they don't know how to handle the limelight. 

Sorry for the rant, going way off topic. 

No need to apologise. It's a fairly calm debate between us, no mud flinging.

I will disagree all I want though, as you've suggested.

I don't doubt what you're saying about rugby (or any sport), I just think it's a giant leap of faith to believe it's a bigger problem than it is in football.

I think the ego's on footballers earning anything between £100k and £500k per week will well outweigh those (in general) of rugby players. That is the natural order with the human race in 2018.

It may not be as macho or intimidating (using your words) but it will surface in other ways too.

We've had a short debate now. You will never agree with me and I will never agree with you. Best agree to disagree and leave it there as I don't see where this conversation can go.

I'm not looking to have the last word btw, respond by all means to this post, I just won't engage on this point again for the reason I've just stated.

Edited by Max Wall

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I don't doubt what you're saying about rugby (or any sport), I just think it's a giant leap of faith to believe it's a bigger problem than it is in football.

I think the ego's on footballers earning anything between £100k and £500k per week will well outweigh those (in general) of rugby players. That is the natural order with the human race in 2018.

It may not be as macho or intimidating (using your words) but it will surface in other ways too.

We've had a short debate now. You will never agree with me and I will never agree with you. Best agree to disagree and leave it there as I don't see where this conversation can go.

I'm not looking to have the last word btw, respond by all means to this post, I just won't engage on this point again for the reason I've just stated.

No that's fair I get you ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Cycling was worse than both .clean riders not given a chance scandalous sport .,