Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Rachid Ghezzal

4 hours ago, Mehrez said:

4 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Hmm. Whoscored is calling you a liar. www.whoscored.com/Players/136945/Show/Demarai-Gray

I only remember one in the premier league anyway, against Brighton.

This is where the assists stats can be a bit misleading/unfair. Just going by Puel's first match vs Everton - Mahrez got the assist for Vardy's goal but Gray created the whole thing from the edge of his own area; winning the ball, running 60 yards past 3 Everton players before a perfect layoff for Mahrez whose one-touch sets up Vardy who smashes it home. Goal credited to Vardy and assist credited to Mahrez despite it all being Gray's work. In the same game, Gray dribbles with it then takes a shot, gets a slight deflection and an own goal is initially credited by some outlets.

Stats don't tell you everything.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Koke said:

For €6-10m it's worth a risk. 

2 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Give the kid a 5 year deal on 80k a week and then spend the last 4 years unsuccessfully trying to offload him. Sounds like good business. 

I don't think he is worth the risk and the latter comment is the more likely scenario.

I think we're far enough up the food chain to not have to take risks on players that have failed consistently throughout their careers, he's had one good season at Lyon in 2015/16 and that's it. This looks very much like a buy cheap buy twice.

We have a squad littered with players we'd love to move on and can't sell on. I'm very much in the school of thought that we should just buy young players with a lot of potential or top quality players who are better than what we have. 

We've done some great business so far this season:

Pereira in for Simpson and the Portuguese was rated the 10th best right back in the world by 442 magazine.

Evans for Morgan and the Irishman was touted at £30m last summer with Man City and Arsenal as suitors

Maddison as a proper No10 which we've been crying out for years, the 21 year old was arguably the best player in the Championship last season.

You would expect all three of those to make the first XI easily next season as big upgrades on what we have. I'm not sure Ghezzal is any better than Gray or Albrighton. He's probably more likely to be a big investment in transfer fee and wages and be no better than what we have like Benalouane, Musa, Slimani, Iborra, Ward, Mendy, etc.

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Watford in for him. You can have him lads 

This would be such a classic Watford signing. He'll make 7 appearances with 6 off the bench, score once in a rout of a League 1 team in the Carabao Cup and be out on loan at Lens or Malaga or god knows where in January.

Makes no sense in terms of us not having the transfer fees, we evidently have significant funds but perhaps Puel wants him. Somebody did allude to that a few days ago and that the club weren't as keen. Maybe Puel wants Ghezzal and Macia/Rudkin want Hazard, Januzaj or Promes. 

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I know nothing about this guy, how come people are getting so slitty wristy about this one? Genuine question.

£5m is spare change in today's market.

Just another average player we'll be struggling to get off the wage bill in 12 months time

• Like 2