Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Rachid Ghezzal

41 minutes ago, kingfox said:

So it looks like we're going to replace Mahrez with the primark version of himself, think I'll bang £5 on us getting relegated.

36 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Me too. Easy money 

lol lol you really gotta laugh. Seeing as Mahrez was a poundland buy.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Wow, could have sworn he got more than that. Liverpool at home, Brighton away are two off the top of my head. No idea why I wrote 7 though haha.

Your new season optimism is spilling over to rewrite the past Ric.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Puel wants him. Not sure the club are that keen.

I would rather we changed our style a bit to compensate rather than try to replace the player - we won’t be able to replace him. The poor lad will sink under the weight of expectation - always being compared .....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Hmm. Whoscored is calling you a liar. www.whoscored.com/Players/136945/Show/Demarai-Gray

I only remember one in the premier league anyway, against Brighton.

Transfermarkt says he got an assist (got the foul) for Vardy's pen against Arsenal at the KP and one in the brighton game the rest where in the EFL Cup

Edited by Mehrez
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Transfermarkt says he got an assist (got the foul) for Vardy's pen against Arsenal at the KP and one in the brighton game the rest where in the EFL Cup

Eh fair enough. It's a fair assist I think.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I would rather we changed our style a bit to compensate rather than try to replace the player - we won’t be able to replace him. The poor lad will sink under the weight of expectation - always being compared .....

We already have with the inclusion of Ricardo and Maddison.

I’ll leave this here:

Expected Non-penalty goals and assists per 90 mins play (Production).

Ghezzal

17/18 0.48

16/17 0.38

15/16 0.69

T. Hazard 

17/18 0.50

16/17 0.40

15/16 0.54

Gray 

17/18 0.32

16/17 0.25

Albrighton 

17/18 0.26

16/17 0.22

15/16 0.34

Mahrez 

17/18 0.43

16/17 0.36

15/16 0.55

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

I’ll leave this here:

Ghezzal

17/18 0.48

16/17 0.38

15/16 0.69

T. Hazard 

17/18 0.50

16/17 0.40

15/16 0.54

Gray 

17/18 0.32

16/17 0.25

Albrighton 

17/18 0.26

16/17 0.22

15/16 0.34

Mahrez 

17/18 0.43

16/17 0.36

15/16 0.55

"Expected"... so why didn't he ****ing get them!

2 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

I’ll leave this here:

Ghezzal

17/18 0.48

16/17 0.38

15/16 0.69

T. Hazard 

17/18 0.50

16/17 0.40

15/16 0.54

Gray 

17/18 0.32

16/17 0.25

Albrighton 

17/18 0.26

16/17 0.22

15/16 0.34

Mahrez 

17/18 0.43

16/17 0.36

15/16 0.55

Sorry for being dense. Never really understood all this ‘expected’ stat. What is it suggesting? Hazard is best, Ghazzal second?

19 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Sorry for being dense. Never really understood all this ‘expected’ stat. What is it suggesting? Hazard is best, Ghazzal second?

Expected is usually a better guide as it includes shot location, eg overall difficulty of shot, was the assist so good it laid up a one on one, or did it set someone up to shoot from 18 yards out with 3 defenders in the vicinity? This accounts for that. It’s usually a more stable guide, as it doesn’t over inflate players on hot streaks who actually aren’t that great. (eg Joshua King at Bournemouth)

Edited by RoyFox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

Expected is usually a better guide as it includes shot location, eg overall difficulty of shot, was the assist so good it laid up a one on one, or did it set someone up to shoot from 18 yards out with 3 defenders in the vicinity, this accounts for that. It’s usually a more stable guide, as it doesn’t over inflate players on hot streaks who actually aren’t that great. (eg Josh Knight at Bournemouth)

Thanks. So how are the aforementioned players ranked based upon this system?

Hazard

Ghazzal

Mahrez

Albrighton 

Gray

?

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Thanks. So how are the aforementioned players ranked based upon this system?

Hazard

Ghazzal

Mahrez

Albrighton 

Gray

?

Crudely yes, but you do have to also account for build up play and the PL being a better standard. Mahrez is still the best player for his build up (last season he accounted for 50% of Leicester goals in terms of setting up the pass before the assist, assists and goals). But it does show that Hazard and Ghezzal are better at creating and scoring goals than both Gray and Albrighton. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Seeing Monaco fans absolutely pissing themselves that we are signing this chap is quite disconcerting, knew we should’ve gone for Andros Townsend : ph34r:

It's obviously not infallible but I always think it's a huge red flag when the fans of the team he is coming from can't get him sold quick enough.

Monaco fans were desperate for them to sell Carillo to Southampton in January for the £20m fee and the Saints fans now know they've been mugged.