Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Rachid Ghezzal

Just now, EnderbyFox said:

Just another average player we'll be struggling to get off the wage bill in 12 months time

Okay, fair enough. So the key question will be how much are we paying him then? 

Don't get why we don't just loan the guy if he's not in Monaco's plans? Try before you buy surely?

5 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I know nothing about this guy, how come people are getting so slitty wristy about this one? Genuine question.

£5m is spare change in today's market.

Because he's had one half season where he was brilliant, and underwhelming for the rest of his recent career.

Also not the most optimal signing due to attitude issues on and off the pitch, and mingling with the wrong crowd.

If I were the club, I'd tie Puel's hands firmly for this one.

• Like 1

People need to chill, we could be after two players or we could (as you'd hope) have about 5 deals going on and you push the button on the one you want when it's ready. If that one falls through at least you have more deals on the go and you aren't starting from scratch.

He " has " performed well in the past. Puel seems to have a track record of getting the best out of temperamental French born players such as Ben Arfa. If he replicates his 2015/16 form then 16 goals will do us fine with Maddison's creativity too.

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

He " has " performed well in the past. Puel seems to have a track record of getting the best out of temperamental French born players such as Ben Arfa. If he replicates his 2015/16 form then 16 goals will do us fine with Maddison's creativity too.

We aren't getting 16 goals from him or anyone else

I guess it depends how much we are paying for him. The Monaco fans think he's crap, but if he's coming in for the reported 5M then having another attacking option at that price is reasonable enough. That says to me "squad player" rather than "first teamer."

Massively underwhelming replacement for Riyad, though it might be that Gray gets Riyad's place and this guy provides cover.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We aren't getting 16 goals from him or anyone else

8 goals and 8 assists was his output for Lyon in 2015/16. Between him, Gray and Albrighton a combined amount or 20 goals scored and assisted would go some way to bridging the gap if Maddison is to be as influential as we think he may.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

8 goals and 8 assists was his output for Lyon in 2015/16. Between him, Gray and Albrighton a combined amount or 20 goals scored and assisted would go some way to bridging the gap if Maddison is to be as influential as we think he may.

8 assists and 3 goals would probably put him as the best winger outside the top 6 is this season is anything to go by. That's about all I'm hoping for from a replacement to be realistic.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Now you're stretching it. lol

The success with one player alone (or rather: partial success) doesn't represent his coaching methods or success rate on the whole.

And that's a big "IF" when you consider the fact that he had his finest hour in one half of a season, so the other half he was pretty much crap. Again.

No way is Ghezzal a 16-goal Premier League player.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

8 assists and 3 goals would probably put him as the best winger outside the top 6 is this season is anything to go by. That's about all I'm hoping for from a replacement to be realistic.

It's these shit house signings that usually do well for us anyway. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I guess it depends how much we are paying for him. The Monaco fans think he's crap, but if he's coming in for the reported 5M then having another attacking option at that price is reasonable enough. That says to me "squad player" rather than "first teamer."

Massively underwhelming replacement for Riyad, though it might be that Gray gets Riyad's place and this guy provides cover.

I could live with Ghezzal as a squad player at most, but not as our No.1 option on the wing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Happy talking talking happy talks.

Oh ffs, it’s not the lack of ambition that this signing screams out that’s annoying me, it’s the fact we won’t have got rid of our Algerian “friends” from this message board!

• Haha 1