Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Rachid Ghezzal

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Now you're stretching it. lol

The success with one player alone (or rather: partial success) doesn't represent his coaching methods or success rate on the whole.

And that's a big "IF" when you consider the fact that he had his finest hour in one half of a season, so the other half he was pretty much crap. Again.

No way is Ghezzal a 16-goal Premier League player.

I didn't mean he'd score 16 goals, I meant if he replicated his form from Lyon where his goals and assists total for the season was 16 which still would be highly unlikely in the PL. Only the top players hit 15+ a season.

I have only seen highlights of him but he seems to be quite good.

yes highlights only show the best bits but he seems to make the right decision nearly every time he has the ball.

for all Mahrez’s brilliance he didn’t pick the best options for the team and more for himself when he had the ball.

The guy looks better than gray, diabate and albrighton, so basically an upgrade to our starting 11 for peanuts in today’s market.

ok he is no Mahrez but we couldn’t find a like for like replacement anyway.

12 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I don't really watch French footy. Is this guy actually *that* bad or has he just not settled in Monaco?

He may not that bad himself, but he's clearly the object of desire or struggle within his own family - his father's will vs. his brother's influence.

His brother's involvement seems to be the most questionable - sees one half of a great season with Lyon, demands more money for his brother:

https://www.foot01.com/equipe/ol/ol-un-detail-qui-tue-dans-le-probleme-ghezzal-a-lyon,218088

There are plenty of other links that tell a similar story, "personal problems" left, right and center.

Edited by MC Prussian

Apparently Monaco paid him a £5m signing on fee last season so we'd just be covering it so they break even if we take him on.

I'm not averse to this signing as long as his wages are low enough that we can move him on if he fails and he's not here taking a wage until he is 30. He's a good age and has proved to have good pedigree albeit over a short period.

I'd much rather us sign proven quality that walks into the first team as this could well be a case of buy cheap buy twice and more importantly another player clogging up the squad and wage bill for a few years.

19 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I don't really watch French footy. Is this guy actually *that* bad or has he just not settled in Monaco?

He's bollocks. One half decent season amidst a vast sea of average to poor. 

He'll obviously cost a lot less than Promes, for example, but Promes has consistently posted 12+ league goals a season for about four years in Russia. That's along with about five to ten assists a year. 

Rachid's best season gave him 8/8 in 29 games but other than that he typically contributes roughly one goal and two assists per 25+ game league season. 

Hazard averages about 7/5 in the same time frame making Rachid comfortably the worst. 

He's poor. 

If he's squad filler because we're selling Gray and buying another winger to be a starter, ie Hazard or Promes, then no problem. But if he's the Mahrez replacement and Babylon dares defend that then he should basically be banned for life @Mark

Oh and Pepe got 13/4 in 36 last year and 3/1 in 33 the year before for a pretty average Angers. He has an upwards trajectory and is the youngest of the lot but still very unproven. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

Here come the moaners, because we haven't signed a 50 million pound player. 

I don't care what we pay, I care that he's both statistically and anecdotally crap. 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He the exact sort of scruffy misfit that is needed to reignite the team spirit here. 

A lazy prima dona with a shit disciplinary record and a temper? Don't think so.