Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Rachid Ghezzal

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

His record looks woeful, so what am I missing?

I presume this would be a stop gap until we can rescout better options or what we've scouted before finally become available.

Think that about covers it. He'd no doubt be doggo.

15 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

To be fair it isn’t always accurate to judge a player on what he’s done at his current club. Mahrez wasn’t much good before us (I think), slimani was good for sporting, as a loose example.

Hope if we get him he does well :)

Whilst I agree it's not a metric that is fool proof it doesn't bode well. 

There are far more examples of fans who say a player isn't that great being proved right than the other way round. When fans of the selling club think they've had you over they're invariably right.

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

he was basically as good as Mahrez a couple of seasons ago. Mahrez has continued that form, essentially, but Ghezzal’s has dropped. Made some poor club choices. Maybe he can gain from another fresh start under Puel

There was barely a player in the world as good as Mahrez a few seasons ago. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

There was barely a player in the world as good as Mahrez a few seasons ago. 

True, true. I guess you also have to look at the opposition quality as well. Anyway, Puel knows him from old. Think I’d rather have this guy than Ben Arfa

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Comes with a questionable attitude - said to be rather full of himself and surrounded by the wrong crowd of people. I'd rather steer clear of such players.

Only positive aspect is the rumoured transfer fee of £3.5m.

We'd better sign a rugby player I reckon. Most footballers fall within that group somewhere.

• Like 1

Goal and assist every 162.84 minutes is a better record than Mahrez had in our team to be fair. For £5m surely it's worth a punt if we end up getting rid of Musa. Would still rather a guaranteed quality player, however.

26 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Goal and assist every 162.84 minutes is a better record than Mahrez had in our team to be fair. For £5m surely it's worth a punt if we end up getting rid of Musa. Would still rather a guaranteed quality player, however.

I'd like to formally register my objections to this transfer unless we do sign him and he turns out good; in which case I will deny I ever said any of the above. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Seems some Southampton fan is desperate to sign him. Either that or he's desperate to sign for Southampton. Someone has been editing wikipedia.

Screenshot_20180729-232113_Samsung Internet.jpg

Remember when we'd just sacked  Pearson and someone hacked Klopp's Wikipedia to say he was born in Eyres Monsell?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Remember when we'd just sacked  Pearson and someone hacked Klopp's Wikipedia to say he was born in Eyres Monsell?

I dont remember it but that is the joy of wikipedia! Think I'll change Ghezzal's club to Leicester city and piss off an over eager Southampton fan! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not really sure why im doing this at 11.30pm when I have to be at work at 5am but hey ho.

Screenshot_20180729-233246_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Max Wall said:

We'd better sign a rugby player I reckon. Most footballers fall within that group somewhere.

Sorry to burst your bubble but rugby players have the same attitude if not worse these days...