Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Danny Ward - 12 Million

Just now, goose2010 said:

finding a keeper is tough, you take a risk on someone who hasn't played in England is used to the lifestyle and isn't going to be first choice you risk losing out. Ward is an understudy currently that has experience in the leagues in and hasn't got to settle in to a new country / area. Yes its expensive but you are going to pay over the odds for anyone these days but 10-12 mill for a keeper that is going to be pushing our number 1 is surely good business.

I'm not doubting he might be good but even a Liverpool fan I spoke to couldn't believe they're looking at getting that much for him, he was expecting about a third of it. Two top flight games in his career at 25. Just seems well over the odds to me.

12 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Gunn will be there no.1, Forster isn't very good and McCarthy is average. Very good business.

im not sure on that, McCarthy was one of the reasons Southampton stayed up last season and recently signed a new deal there, so hes going to be starting the new season as there number 1 and rightly so after the way he performed for them. (me other half is a Southampton fan and she said as much a few weeks back)

Gunn will in time become their number 1 though i have to admit

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Didn't see this Ward fella playing, but he was behind Karius and Mignolet who aren't great GKs to say the least. maybe I'm wrong.  

I still don't see which player we signed who would be an upgrade on Mahrez. 

The GK is a massive upgrade on Beardy who he is replacing.

As for Mahrez, I'd say anyone who wanted to play is an upgrade. Mahrez wasn't sold, he forced himself out. move on fella.

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

People need to stop worrying about transfer fees. ITS NOT YOUR MONEY. The club can obviously afford it or they wouldn't do it.

It's not my money granted but I'm emotionally invested in the club and I care about value for money in our transfer business. If we don't care about getting VFM then it will be at the long term detriment to the club and will probably end in Championship football.

When we signed Hernandez I thought it worked out well because we signed him for free, it didn't work out and we sold him for £1m six months later. When we signed Slimani, Musa and Mendy they equally didn't work out football wise but because we didn't get VFM they cost the club £60m and we're probably still paying those three nearly £200,000 a week in wages.

The resources we've wasted on Slimani, Musa and Mendy will hamper the club progressing whilst Hernandez was a favourable deal for the club even though all four players were failure so that's why I care about transfer fees and the club wasting money as it will impact on my emotional investment with the club if we don't get VFM.

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm not doubting he might be good but even a Liverpool fan I spoke to couldn't believe they're looking at getting that much for him, he was expecting about a third of it. Two top flight games in his career at 25. Just seems well over the odds to me.

who'd of thought musa could potentially be leaving us  for 40m

I’m not saying it’ll be the case, but doesn’t anyone think he might be an investment for when Kasper leaves. That won’t necessarily be this summer. £12m for a replacement who we can give cup games to and progress to a good standard for when Kasper does eventually leave. 

Also, I’m sure he’d be a capable understudy should Kasper get injured for any length of time. 

2 minutes ago, Jones2406 said:

who'd of thought musa could potentially be leaving us  for 40m

If that is true, it is a miracle, nothing short of. That doesn't however mean you treat it as such and start paying over the odds because you can. Only teams who can do that and make it work are those right at the top who can attract anyone.

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

yes im sure hed come here to be a number 2 if kasper stays:rolleyes:

if i a big club comes sniffing and are playing in europe can see him leaving butland would be perfect fit for us in my opinion