Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Danny Ward - 12 Million

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6816873/liverpool-transfer-news-leicester-city-danny-ward/

ON-WARD AND UPWARD Liverpool transfer news: Leicester City agree £12m fee with Reds for goalkeeper Danny Ward
The 25-year-old ex-Huddersfield loanee's arrival at the King Power could open the door for Kasper Schmeichel's exit from the Foxes

1 minute ago, EnderbyFox said:

Any reason he didn't get game time last season? The fact he was behind Mignolet and Karius in the pecking order is slightly terrifying. 

Agree with this.

If he was that good surely he would be 2nd choice there?

I know he was very impressive for Huddersfield and apparently is still well liked by Liverpool but it seems a big risk to place faith in someone so inexperienced to replace Kasper. And if he's number two then £12m seems a lot and surely Ward himself is looking for a number one spot?

3 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

We're obviuosly not paying 12 million for him to be kaspers understudy. If Kasper goes then we need a decent backup for this guy!

Perhaps we're paying £12m for him to be Kaspers long term replacement, doesn't mean we're going to sell Kasper now. We needed another keeper anyway.

If we were replacing Kasper this minute, I'm sure we'd be going for someone with a better record than him.

• Like 3

Seems unlikely that we've went and got Kaspers replacement BEFORE the guy that Kasper is supposed to be replacing at Chelsea has even went yet. Especially when you consider the whole Drinkwater/Silva fiasco....

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Trust me, this lad is red hot.

100% with you on this. Plenty of Liverpool fans raging he didn't get more of a chance last season.

A lot of them thought he would as he played a lot of pre season for them last year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

Hopefully a signing for the Reuther, number two to kasper and then eventually take over in a season or two? 

Well we aren't paying £12m for a No2.

I don't believe this story, Ward will be 4th choice behind Allison, Karius and Mingolet. Liverpool would snap your arm off for £12m to sell a player who won't get a minute of first team action for the next few foreseeable seasons. 

Why would we spend £12m on him when we could get Butland for another £10m?