Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Danny Ward - 12 Million

Just now, AjcW said:

Just to add a bit of context to his talent. Klopp was quoted 3 days again saying he was Liverpools Number 1 this season. The only thing that has changed that is the fact they revived the Alisson deal.

He's probably decided enough is enough and asked to leave.

Not in such a short space of time ...... and a deal apparently agreed.

im not overly comfortable that he would become our first choice with pretty well no top level experience 

I don’t see us signing him and a more experienced keeper and selling Kasper - he isn’t coming here to sit on our bench rather than Liverpool’s 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Not in such a short space of time ...... and a deal apparently agreed.

im not overly comfortable that he would become our first choice with pretty well no top level experience 

I don’t see us signing him and a more experienced keeper and selling Kasper - he isn’t coming here to sit on our bench rather than Liverpool’s 

I never understand how this is still said from our fans... we're literally the kings of signing people with little experience and watching them come good! lol 

• Like 1

12 Mill does seem a little steep but if the club think its a good deal then fair enough.

I very much doubt its 12mill up front but even if it is I think I will trust the billionaire business owners compared to some one who has got Nuneaton Borough to the prem on Football Manager.

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

£12m is just excessive.

Liverpool will have four decent GK's on their books so they would think it was Christmas if someone offered them £12m for their 4th choice. If he's coming here as a No2 then that's horrific business comparing it to Real Madrid who signed the 19 year old Ukrainian international Lunin for £7.65m this summer.

If he's coming here as No1 then Butland is available for £10m more and one of Pope/Heaton from Burnley would also be obtainable for a decent price as Burnley can't keep both happy for long. 

Whatever way you look at it we're being mugs again if this £12m bid is true, no wonder Liverpool accepted our first bid and never tried to haggle as this story came out of nowhere.

im not sure Lunin , would come here to be a back up like he would with Real, just given its Real and im sure he doesnt mind there

and is Butland actually available for £10mil,, as im sure theyd be a fair few linked if he was.....

and why are we saying we are being mugged off for paying £12mil.........he could be a long term replacement for KS, and the club are looking long term with the deal

and another point, Southampton paid £12mil+ for Angus Gunn from Man City(4th Choice i think) and hes by no means going to be 1st choice.........more likely 2nd

Edited by FrankieADZ

Nooooooooooooo, Kasper don't leave!

It would be totally understandable if he did want to go, and he's more than done enough service here but it would terrify me if he left. He is one of the best leaders we have at the club. And a backup keeper as his replacement... :(

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I never understand how this is still said from our fans... we're literally the kings of signing people with little experience and watching them come good! lol 

Exactly this! and also a keeper doesn't need first team at a top level experience really. Stop the ball going in the net at any level and have decent distribution and you have a decent number 1.

Looks at the mistake De Gea made at the world cup - he is probably rated the worlds number 1 but just proved he is human.

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

He's a good young keeper with great potential.

I'd be happy with this, just because he's third choice at Liverpool doesn't mean he's bad. Most of the Liverpool fans want him to be their number 1.

He's exactly the type of young signing we need in this position. 

It does if their first and second choice were garbage.