Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Danny Ward - 12 Million

8 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Sorry but if we had signed a 19 year keeper for nearly 8 mill the melt down in here would be mental.

No it wouldn't. :blink:

He was a Ukrainian international being linked with some top clubs, no one would have gone mental if we beat Real Madrid to a 19yo GK who has every chance of being world class in the future.

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Well thanks for clearing that up. There was me expecting twelve million to leave my bank account in the next half an hour lol 

by the looks of majority of people on here I actually think their thought process is that! Who cares how much players cost? You don't get to where these people are by throwing money around for no reason.

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

by the looks of majority of people on here I actually think their thought process is that! Who cares how much players cost? You don't get to where these people are by throwing money around for no reason.

It's not the point. I'm not saying he's a bad player or I'm even against us signing him but he's done very little to justify going for that much, even in this market. You piss money away blindly then we won't progress. The last two years should show us that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

probably been told kasper will be here one more season then? 

Can't believe we're spending £12m on a second choice goalie, crazy times and hopefully means a few more signings are still to come!

John Percy makes no mention of the fee so £12m could be way off or, as St Albans said, only with lots of add-ons.

As for not being 2nd choice - I'm not so sure he isn't. If we aspire to be a top club then it seems reasonable to invest heavily in a good understudy who provides real competition for Kaspar. Many on here have been scathing about lack of competiveness for our gk position.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Southampton just spent £10m on one. If number ones are now starting to cost between £30m and £60m then the value of backups will rise also!

At the time of writing this post only two GK's in the history of football have gone for over £30m.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Oh dear....

Selling two of our best players. Doesn't send a great message to the other best players 

Upgrading.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

At the time of writing this post only two GK's in the history of football have gone for over £30m.

Get ready because that's likely to double or triple in the next three weeks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deep blue said:

John Percy makes no mention of the fee so £12m could be way off or, as St Albans said, only with lots of add-ons.

As for not being 2nd choice - I'm not so sure he isn't. If we aspire to be a top club then it seems reasonable to invest heavily in a good understudy who provides real competition for Kaspar. Many on here have been scathing about lack of competiveness for our gk position.

Will be interesting to see what the fee will actually be, could be with add-ons or without but who really knows?

It just seems funny that Klopp before the Allison deal seemed content with Ward being no.1, and now he's coming to Leicester to be second choice; something doesn't add up.

And I see where you're coming from but I certainly don't see it that way myself.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Get ready because that's likely to double or triple in the next three weeks.

I expect it will but the fact still stands that only two GK's in history have ever been sold for more than £30m.

Percy is always on the money but I find it hard to believe that Kasper isn't off to Chelsea.

The Alisson move is the first trigger in the chain and there will be a lot of GK activity across the board now.

Wouldn't be financially prudent if Schmeichel is definitely staying, why not just keep Hamer as back-up in this case and invest elsewhere? We have enough players on the books as it is.

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's not the point. I'm not saying he's a bad player or I'm even against us signing him but he's done very little to justify going for that much, even in this market. You piss money away blindly then we won't progress. The last two years should show us that.

finding a keeper is tough, you take a risk on someone who hasn't played in England is used to the lifestyle and isn't going to be first choice you risk losing out. Ward is an understudy currently that has experience in the leagues in and hasn't got to settle in to a new country / area. Yes its expensive but you are going to pay over the odds for anyone these days but 10-12 mill for a keeper that is going to be pushing our number 1 is surely good business.

5 minutes ago, FIF said:

Upgrading.

Didn't see this Ward fella playing, but he was behind Karius and Mignolet who aren't great GKs to say the least. maybe I'm wrong.  

I still don't see which player we signed who would be an upgrade on Mahrez.