Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Danny Ward - 12 Million

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

Seems unlikely that we've went and got Kaspers replacement BEFORE the guy that Kasper is supposed to be replacing at Chelsea has even went yet. Especially when you consider the whole Drinkwater/Silva fiasco....

Hence why I think Kasper might be off to Roma 

• Like 1

If Roma are getting £67m for their keeper, and we're paying £12m for some bit part keeper who can't get in ahead of two dog turd keepers. Then Kasper, if sold... should be £30m+ without any question whatsoever.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Well we aren't paying £12m for a No2.

I don't believe this story, Ward will be 4th choice behind Allison, Karius and Mingolet. Liverpool would snap your arm off for £12m to sell a player who won't get a minute of first team action for the next few foreseeable seasons. 

Why would we spend £12m on him when we could get Butland for another £10m?

We paid £80m for strikers who stood no chance of playing, so don't be so sure.  lol

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Well we aren't paying £12m for a No2.

I don't believe this story, Ward will be 4th choice behind Allison, Karius and Mingolet. Liverpool would snap your arm off for £12m to sell a player who won't get a minute of first team action for the next few foreseeable seasons. 

Why would we spend £12m on him when we could get Butland for another £10m?

If we can sell Jakupovic for 5-7 million then its just a 5 million investment in the future, seems sensible to me. But if its as you say a direct replacement for kasper we should be going after Butland, no doubt.

Liverpool journo saying he's pulled out of tonights game against Blackburn where he was due to start so quite clear something is happening, whether it's us or not.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

If Roma are getting £67m for their keeper, and we're paying £12m for some bit part keeper who can't get in ahead of two dog turd keepers. Then Kasper, if sold... should be £30m+ without any question whatsoever.

My fear is that there is something int he contract we don't know about, as I think it was signed around the time Rudkin was handing out buy out clauses like he was playing football manager.

We've tried buying cheap keepers before for competition for Kasper.. Zieler (free) and Jak (2m) neither of whom came close. Maybe they've decided spending more for better quality is the way to go.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

My fear is that there is something int he contract we don't know about, as I think it was signed around the time Rudkin was handing out buy out clauses like he was playing football manager.

Kasper's current contract was signed post title win. The buy out clauses stopped when Kante left, which was before then.

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

Kasper's current contract was signed post title win. The buy out clauses stopped when Kante left, which was before then.

A matter of days before... I'd imagine the contract was under discussion for some time before that! We shall see and I hope not.

Edited by Babylon

Just to add a bit of context to his talent. Klopp was quoted 3 days again saying he was Liverpools Number 1 this season. The only thing that has changed that is the fact they revived the Alisson deal.

He's probably decided enough is enough and asked to leave.

• Thanks 1

£12m is just excessive.

Liverpool will have four decent GK's on their books so they would think it was Christmas if someone offered them £12m for their 4th choice. If he's coming here as a No2 then that's horrific business comparing it to Real Madrid who signed the 19 year old Ukrainian international Lunin for £7.65m this summer.

If he's coming here as No1 then Butland is available for £10m more and one of Pope/Heaton from Burnley would also be obtainable for a decent price as Burnley can't keep both happy for long. 

Whatever way you look at it we're being mugs again if this £12m bid is true, no wonder Liverpool accepted our first bid and never tried to haggle as this story came out of nowhere.

• Like 1