Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Danny Ward - 12 Million

14 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

You would have to also consider why he hasn’t been given a chance at Liverpool given the uncertainty that surrounded the gks over the last 2 seasons, if he was that good.

Got to admit that had crossed my mind. Their two supposed top goalkeepers were having a mare and he still wasn't given a run out so had bad could he be? Unless of course Jukupovic wants guaranteed 1st team football elsewhere and is on the move? Would have thought a move for Butland made sense, unless they already have and been rebuffed of course.

8 minutes ago, mod hero said:

This has killed me. Puel is going to dismantle us 

Sadly some of it needed dismantling. There's no smoke without fire and under Ranieri , Shakespeare and Puel there have been supposed incidents involving player power etc. If Schmeichel is one of them then bye bye mate, there can only room for one manager.

• Like 2

I rate Kasper as one of the top 6-8 GK's in the league but I'd still sell for a good offer for a player who will be 32 later this year.

However if we're going to get a good price for him then surely Butland represents better value at £20m+ than ward at £12m? Butland would be a perfect storm for us as he probably wanted a big six club move but now finds himself stranded at Stoke with the transfer deadline a few weeks away and no sign of a move. He's the same age as Ward and won't want to be spending a season in the Championship.  Just look at Ben Gibson who spent a year at Middlesbrough last season, he was ahead of Maguire in the England set up and just faded into relative obscurity. It's a bad career move and he'll be desperate to get out and we'll be quite appealing to him at this stage, it was only a couple of months a go since he was ahead of Pickford in the England stakes and that won't change if he finds himself still at Stoke this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Sadly some of it needed dismantling. There's no smoke without fire and under Ranieri , Shakespeare and Puel there have been supposed incidents involving player power etc. If Schmeichel is one of them then bye bye mate, there can only room for one manager.

Yep good point. Unfortunately we have a manager that divides us and I personally am not a fan of his in the slightest. 

Schemeichel has been outstanding for us over the years. Ward is not an adequate replacement if that’s why he’s been brought in.

3 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

If Puel is forcing out Kasper then he can fvck right off. Seriously what has Puel achieved at Leicester to think he can flog all our best players and sign championship players in their place?

And after the Championship winning season, what have our players done to warrant the sacking of Ranieri, Shakespeare and nearly Puel last year?Some of them needed moving on including Marhez. If in the club's judgement Schmeichel is another then that's how it should be. We don't need our newer players contaminating with old team player power undermining of the manager whoever it is. 

11 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Yep good point. Unfortunately we have a manager that divides us and I personally am not a fan of his in the slightest. 

Schemeichel has been outstanding for us over the years. Ward is not an adequate replacement if that’s why he’s been brought in.

I agree,  I also don't see him as a replacement for Schmeichel unless they know and see something we don't. Schmeichel has been brilliant though not as good last season in fairness. Again, you're right about Puel but I think he should be better judged when he has his own players in. Let's face it, we had some very good players but a hotchpotch of individuals at the same time ie how many number 9s and no 10. He's now got a proper 10 in Maddison though we need to be patient there and we now have an attacking right back . Evans is experienced so looking promising.  What we don't need is any undermining of the manager in front of the new and younger players. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I don't agree - jaku had a run in the team and his performance at Wembley convinced puel he had to go

People will always agree and disagree and that's fine. Not adverse to Ward signing whatsoever because if he's never given a chance then we'll never know. The cynic in me is saying that there's more to this than meets the eye. 

£12m is ridiculous, just because he plays for Liverpool, imagine us trying to sell a 3/4th choice keeper for that kind of money. I'd hope that its a much lower initial fee with add-ons up to £12m.

Jakupovic must have something lined up. If its replacing Kasper then we should definitely be looking at Butland, he can't stay at Stoke and he'd come here because it's difficult for a keeper to get a move, most clubs have a recognised number 1.

Four years ago, we smashed our transfer record by spending £8m on Leo Ulloa. 

Now we're spunking potentially £12m on a back up goalkeeper who'll likely be warming the bench all season.

My, how times have changed. 

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

People will always agree and disagree and that's fine. Not adverse to Ward signing whatsoever because if he's never given a chance then we'll never know. The cynic in me is saying that there's more to this than meets the eye. 

My thoughts too Bert, there's a  bigger picture we're not aware of. 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahaa hang on a minute whilst I find that one of Kasper vs Doncaster

To be fair to Kasper, that's about the only serious one he's ever made. Also it was my last away game, I gave up because I was sure I was cursed as I'd not seen us win away for about 7 sodding years.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

To be fair to Kasper, that's about the only serious one he's ever made. Also it was my last away game, I gave up because I was sure I was cursed as I'd not seen us win away for about 7 sodding years.

Just to be pedantic - Man City away last year? Chelsea at home? Don’t get me wrong I love Kasper, and I definitely don’t want him gone, but he does have a mistake in him - every keeper does (see De Gea in World Cup etc...) :)

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

My thoughts too Bert, there's a  bigger picture we're not aware of. 

Although Abrasive has mentioned Kasper doesn't want to play for Puel, so there's got to be something there. 

As has been mentioned there was smoke at the end of last season with rumours that Kasper had refused to play, this seemed to be true as he got straight into the world cup squad uninjured. I don't believe for one second that Kasper is staying and Ward is coming as competition. I think we'll sell Kasper despite what is being reported. 

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah there's not been many, that's why we'll miss him if he goes. He's been unreal.

• Like 1