Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Drug Taking at games

15 minutes ago, FIF said:

John does.

It amazes me that those paid to uphold the laws have allowed drugs to become a common usage in our society. I feel sorry for the morons who need to take the drugs in order to enjoy their lives too.

I feel the same about alcohol too.

Yes your posts give off the impression that you're a bundle of joy when sober lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Maybe you need to pack FT in then if you're so sensitive.

Just say no!

I wouldn't call it sensitive tbh. We're talking about things that people get addicted too and struggle to recover from (and for them 'just say no' isn't an option). OP even says his own daughter ruined her life with drugs so I don't think it's anybody's place to take the piss.

• Like 2

When I see some of our Defensive Team selections in the Matchday Threads,  I quite often think that someone at the Club must be taking some forms of recreational substances.

13 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Maybe you need to pack FT in then if you're so sensitive.

I am seriously not looking for a fight here.

I think what Fin meant was that your post was a little insensitive. Clearly the OP, as a parent, isn't used to seeing this kind of thing and his daughter has been badly affected by her usage. Maybe the original poster is just trying to understand why people do it. The guy was just asking a question of people, that's all. I thought your reply was a little harsh in the circumstances.

Anyway, as I said, I'm not looking for a continuing discourse about it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

When I see some of our Defensive Team selections in the Matchday Threads,  I quite often think that someone at the Club must be taking some forms of recreational substances.

No way.

The defensive selections are clearly the work of Absinthe

Just now, Max Wall said:

I am seriously not looking for a fight here.

I think what Fin meant was that your post was a little insensitive. Clearly the OP, as a parent, isn't used to seeing this kind of thing and his daughter has been badly affected by her usage. Maybe the original poster is just trying to understand why people do it. The guy was just asking a question of people, that's all. I thought your reply was a little harsh in the circumstances.

Anyway, as I said, I'm not looking for a continuing discourse about it. 

OK I think in hindsight I understand now, thought I'd make the old 'I'm definitely not a narc' joke and didnt think about the OP. 

It does annoy me when others come across as being oversensitive and being against any kind of joke but reading back I get it, apologies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I watched a match in Amsterdam and the bloke in front was casually smoking a joint, which is pretty cool... cocaine as the op says just ruins people lives and makes them think they are invincible.

Not difficult to impress, aren't you?

Just now, lcfc278 said:

OK I think in hindsight I understand now, thought I'd make the old 'I'm definitely not a narc' joke and didnt think about the OP. 

It does annoy me when others come across as being oversensitive and being against any kind of joke but reading back I get it, apologies.

Well said and fair enough. I've posted the odd thing on here that I've looked back on and realised wasn't the best thing to say.

Most of us do it at some point. 

35 minutes ago, FIF said:

John does.

It amazes me that those paid to uphold the laws have allowed drugs to become a common usage in our society. I feel sorry for the morons who need to take the drugs in order to enjoy their lives too.

I feel that you're somewhat opening the door to what is a much broader debate. As you've said, drug usage is very common and people will always find a way of picking up drugs. Does prohibition really work or is regulation the way forward with this issue? It's something that I don't believe is discussed openly enough. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, FIF said:

John does.

2fdr1h.jpg

It is a topic that needs to be discussed more in the public domain that’s for sure. 

Being honest my natural reaction would be to avoid people who take illegal drugs. However as some have pointed out, alcohol is a drug but is just socially acceptable, and I enjoy 3 or 4 pints before a match, so whose to say alcohol is a better form of drug. Like I say, the topic needs more discussion. 

Unfortunately it is everywhere now, half time down the City is terrible for it in the toilets, who would want to go for a shit in those toilets on match days?.

Yet the queue for the cubicles are huge!!!!!!

Cheltenham in the marquee this year they eventually closed the cubicles on Gold Cup day saying they were blocked but it was obvious why they were really closed.

17 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Not difficult to impress, aren't you?

9 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Yeah drugs are cool....What a plank 

I don't consider cannabis to be a harmful drug, neither do states in the US and Canada and various other countrys, cocaine is a completely different kettle of fish that is highly addictive and will ruin your life.

sorry to be so blunt. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don't consider cannabis to be a harmful drug, neither do states in the US and Canada and various other countrys, cocaine is a completely different kettle of fish that is highly addictive and will ruin your life.

sorry to be so blunt

I see what you did there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest MattP

Been happening for years.

Some away games you have a bigger queue for the bogs than the urinals and I doubt all the lads are seriously spending half time curling one out.