Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Drug Taking at games

I was in Lille on Saturday and noticed that there were several people indulging in pretty heavy drug use (lines of Cocaine). Call me old fashioned but I find this disturbing. Yes, it's their life but they must be crazy. That stuff will kill you (it cetainly kills heart muscle). I speak as somebody who has a daughter who has destroyed her life with this stuff.

• Like 2

Were they doing it openly in the stand?

I've seen lads sniffing off keys at boxing but never actually seen people powdering their nose in seats at football before. Surprised the riot boys didn't step in, they were itching to smash a few heads in.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Like Max, I have rather dual feelings about this. It is up to them what they choose to do, but I remember in Madrid seeing some very amped up lads near my digs after the game, seemingly itching for some aggro, and it didn't come across as alcohol-fuelled.

I do find that slightly surprising. I was no goody two shoes in my youth and the only thing I would have fought a bloke for after taking drugs was his girlfriend. That's all i ever had on my mind.

Alcohol is a different kettle of fish altogether. I worked on nightclub doors as a 2nd job for nearly two decades and the drunks were the ones always looking for physical encounters.

I guess there are some drugs that make you want to fight but I haven't come across any.

Can't imagine I'd have taken them to go to a football match though, seems a strange thing to do to me.

Nose beers has become a pretty normal part of a night out for some of my friends, each to their own. I certainly don't have a problem with it, despite seeing what it can do to your heart.

Had a few patients this summer in their twenties at work who've died or been left a vegetable from it being mixed with some nasty stuff tho.

Edited by z-layrex

1 hour ago, brisfox said:

I was in Lille on Saturday and noticed that there were several people indulging in pretty heavy drug use (lines of Cocaine). Call me old fashioned but I find this disturbing. Yes, it's their life but they must be crazy. That stuff will kill you (it cetainly kills heart muscle). I speak as somebody who has a daughter who has destroyed her life with this stuff.

Hello,

I often enjoy a great soccer game down at the King Power ground. I wondered if you could possibly point out any of the guys who are enjoying the drugs?

I'd like to join in and have lots of drug soccer fun.

I'm definitely not a police officer though so it's all cool and i'll keep it on the low down for sho!

Looking forward to hearing from you man!

Edited by lcfc278
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I thought this thread was about certain defenders looking like they are stoned at times....

John does.

It amazes me that those paid to uphold the laws have allowed drugs to become a common usage in our society. I feel sorry for the morons who need to take the drugs in order to enjoy their lives too.

I feel the same about alcohol too.

Coked up people are pretty much the worst to deal with when you're working in a bar. When they're your mate it's hilarious banter and antics but when you're on the other end you're dealing with a cocky oblivious nobhead. Stay at home and smoke some good weed instead.

1 hour ago, brisfox said:

Rightly or wrongly its absolutely everywhere these days.

nearly every pub, bar, resturant and nightclub in every town, city and village will have people using coke in the toilets this weekend. If you allow your self to find it disturbing then you will only add to your own levels of stress and annoyance.

PS hope your Daughter can turn her life around matey.

3 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Hello,

I often enjoy a great soccer game down at the King Power ground. I wondered if you could possibly point out any of the guys who are enjoying the drugs?

I'd like to join in and have lots of drug soccer fun.

I'm definitely not a police office though so it's all cool and i'll keep it on the low down for sho!

Looking forward to hearing from you man!

The exclamation mark at the end make me think you think your post was funny?

Maybe it's just me but It really didn't make me even smile for a second.

Drugs are a serious issue for many people,you seriously need to grow up.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

The exclamation mark at the end make me think you think your post was funny?

Maybe it's just me but It really didn't make me even smile for a second.

Drugs are a serious issue for many people,you seriously need to grow up.

Maybe you need to pack FT in then if you're so sensitive.

Just say no!

• Haha 1

I really didn't think people would bother at the football, seems too early in the day really but suppose some people are just that hooked on it all.

Slightly off topic, but it would have been odd if someone wasn't on the stuff when I was serving drinks in my last job; never had any trouble though, think I got more tips if anything!