Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Benkovic signs

Happy with this. With potentially Soyuncu coming in as well, I wonder if Darnell Johnson will be used as back up for RB this season? Seems odd for him to sign a new contract with potentially 5 CBs ahead of him. 

Will need to move some players on in Jan too, can't have Morgan, Benalouane, Benkovic, Evans, Maguire and Soynuncu (?) all vying for 2-3 spots in the team. Think Benny should go, and would probably be happy to see Morgan move on if a decent offer comes in.

Like the look/sound of this bloke. We seem to have made a few good signings: Maddison, Ricardo, Evans....maybe Ghezzal (more wait-and-see on him). 

Benkovic might take a while to adapt - or might not - but sounds very promising in the medium-term.

Now, so long as there's no unexpected Maguire disaster, that start to look like a pretty decent window.

If we can also get the Turkish bloke and maybe another midfielder, that would be beyond belief - though the latter is probably asking too much, and might be unnecessary if Silva steps up this season.

Still need to lose a few, obviously. But Puel seems to be making it clear to several that they're not in his plans, so there might be a few departures on loans or abroad over coming weeks, if not today.

7 minutes ago, baranda said:

Hi.I'm a big fan of Dinamo Zagreb and i've been watching Benkovic for the last 3 years at our club.You've got yourself a fantastic centre-back , i mean this kid has a potential to be in top5 in his position in Europe.Technically he is superb , very strong in the air , fantastic tackle capabilities , he plays smart and scores lots of goals by his head.The only weakness i noticed with him is that he had lot of weird injuries during season , i mean he was a lot of the court.Now he's ok , but he needs to work in the gym and get more muscles cause he will have to deal with lots of strong forwards here in Premiership.Other cons than that i didn't notice , if he would stay off of this injuries you will be delighted with him.

Thanks for the information.

I'm looking forward to seeing Filip play in a Leicester shirt and I hope he can fulfill his true potential!

Wish Dinamo well both domestically and in Europe... Well, maybe I just fancy Young Boys beating you in the Champions League playoffs :ph34r:, other than that - all the best!

Looks a really good signing. Played regularly for Dinamo last season, helping them win the league title and appearing in the Champions League. Only just turned 21 as well which has to be encouraging. I noted the point about injuries but hopefully that was because he is young and plays in a physical role. There is a good chance he will overcome this problem as he gets stronger. 

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

A nice piece on LCFC.com

https://www.lcfc.com/news/798764/benkovi-ill-give-my-heart-for-leicester-city/featured

- Filip Benković speaks exclusivelyy to LCFC TV following his move to King Power Stadium
- The centre-back joined the Foxes from Dinamo Zagreb on Thursday
- Benković says he will give his all to be a success at the Club

The 21-year-old Croatian youth international signed a five-year deal with the Foxes after a successful spell in his homeland.

Benković, an imposing centre-back, laid out his ambitions during an exclusive interview with LCFC TV, explaining why joining a Premier League club is a huge step in his already promising career.

Upon being welcomed to Leicester City, Benković said: “Thank you very much – the feeling is amazing to come to such a big club. It’s a big honour to wear this jersey [for the] Club.

“I will give all my heart to this club, to all the fans, to everybody. Hopefully we’ll have a very good result this season.

“The ambitions of Leicester City are so big. I like the Club very much and I think it’s a very good step for me to the next level. I’m very happy to be here.

“On the pitch, I do my best. I fight for the Club and that’s all I can promise to do. The fans will see what I have and fully hope I will do a good job.”

Benković has spent a decade at boyhood club Dinamo Zagreb, where he lifted the Croatian cup twice, as well as a league title.

“This is my first step and it’s my first move to another club because I was at the same club for all of my life,” he said.

We're massive

• Like 2

With that inflexion on the c I think I'll just refer to him a Benko on match threads. Great to see a burst of activity on back line recruitment at last which will hopefully enable us to quickly retire Morgan and even Evans to the bench warmers covering in league games for suspension or injuries only.

24 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Puel has described him as one for the future so maybe we won’t seem him that much this season.

Maddison is one for the future but we'll see a lot of him. Puel is focusing almost completely on the team for the future, we could look incredible in 2-3 years time if this lot gel and grow together. 

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Maddison is one for the future but we'll see a lot of him. Puel is focusing almost completely on the team for the future, we could look incredible in 2-3 years time if this lot gel and grow together. 

...and if we can keep the players happy and not push for a move if the likes of Chelski, Man City etc come calling.

I do think the stadium expansion and new training ground will really help us attract and also keep players here though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

He described him as one for this season as well as one for the future, so we will probably see him this season.

Can see him starting most our cup games and being on the bench if we get any injuries to the Evans, Maguire or Soyuncu.