Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Striker light?

12 minutes ago, supernuk said:

Does anyone else feel we have gone a tad light up top? I personally feel we should have kept one of Slimani or Leornardo to have that aerial threat to change a game.

Vardy (who never gets injured)

Ineacho

Shinji

All competing for 1 starting place in the current system. I think we will be ok.

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Nah not really, up until now we’ve been overloaded in that area.

We have Vardy/Iheanacho for leading the line with the younger players in the wings should we need someone to step up. Even Gray can play there. Slim hasn’t gone either (yet).

Maddison/Okazaki for behind the striker. 

2 in each position is fine id say.

Diabate can also play both roles. Supposedly, at least.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think Puel is keen on Gray as a striker too so no I don't think we are light. Especially if it's still 1 up top, you can't keep 3 good strikers happy with one up top so not much choice really!

• Like 1

Hoping for a 3412 (i know everyone is) with the players we have:

We have Gray who's been playing centrally, could be understudy to all 3 forward positions. 

Slimani (maybe) as plan b option. Shinji as back up to the back ups.

Quite light but happy with our top 5 forwards. Vardy, Nacho, Maddison, Gray, Slimani is strong enough. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

Hoping for a 3412 (i know everyone is) with the players we have:

We have Gray who's been playing centrally, could be understudy to all 3 forward positions. 

Slimani (maybe) as plan b option. Shinji as back up to the back ups.

Quite light but happy with our top 5 forwards. Vardy, Nacho, Maddison, Gray, Slimani is strong enough. 

It’s genuinely better than most tbf. 

Edited by ARM1968

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

I agree also but you can’t keep Slimani on the sidelines just in case. He’s about 30 and needs to play and start for his career if nothing else. 

I understand that and I just think we needed a striker as back up. The way we play it need not have been a target man . As a loan I would have taken Ings etc

• Like 1

Just now, oxtonfox said:

I agree also but you can’t keep Slimani on the sidelines just in case. He’s about 30 and needs to play and start for his career if nothing else. 

Exactly and i dont think he has ever been truly happy here. I think its best all round that he leaves. From all the reports today Fenerbahce are favourites to take him on a loan deal. But there was also mention of that Saudi side and Sporting interested. So im sure he will be off somewhere.